Too Big? (Wave 12 Darkseid C-n-C)

Sniper1

Again like all big characters they are drawn differently depending on the artist.

This isn't the 90's anymore and DC isn't Image Comics. They're good about maintaining editorial consistency throughout the Green Lantern titles and Kilowogg is always on model. He's consistently large throughout all of the Green Lantern titles.

In all my years of reading comics I don't recall ever seeing a human sized, or slightly above human sized Kilowogg.

If you can show me evidence otherwise, outside of your opinion I'm open to being proven wrong.

newhalwog.jpg

Again like all big characters they are drawn differently depending on the artist.

This isn't the 90's anymore and DC isn't Image Comics. They're good about maintaining editorial consistency throughout the Green Lantern titles and Kilowogg is always on model. He's consistently large throughout all of the Green Lantern titles.

In all my years of reading comics I don't recall ever seeing a human sized, or slightly above human sized Kilowogg.

If you can show me evidence otherwise, outside of your opinion I'm open to being proven wrong.

newhalwog.jpg

Well, I always thought of Kilowog as a big character, as tall as modern Thing (yes,the big, buff tall thing that most artists draw , not the 6 ft.tall "original" Thing, but Pacheco´s comparison drawing make Kilowog look just a bit taller than average. Like someone said, artists should stick to a "on model" reference. I´ve seen some artists take "free interpretation" too far.

I like the height of this Darkseid. I see alot of people complain about certain figures being too big, but I like the bigger exageration put into a character that is supposed to be bigger than normal human size. I love how big all of the CnC figures are. Some may not be to what your opinion of exact scale is, but as said before, the bigger characters get drawn different ALL the time height wise. I admit there are things here and there that could be better with some of the CnC figures, but for the most part, the CnC figures are great.

newhalwog.jpg

Well, I always thought of Kilowog as a big character, as tall as modern Thing (yes,the big, buff tall thing that most artists draw , not the 6 ft.tall "original" Thing, but Pacheco´s comparison drawing make Kilowog look just a bit taller than average. Like someone said, artists should stick to a "on model" reference. I´ve seen some artists take "free interpretation" too far.

Recently, in a comic featuring Daken (I think it was Dark Wolverine or Dark Avengers), Thing was drawn as being twice as tall as Daken and then only a head or so taller. Yes, in the same comic.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess is height is appropiate.I always take the toons as main reference, cause they usually depict the characters with standard measures, you know, like superman, batman, green lantern, being regular guys, Kilowog, Bane,bigger than regular, Darkseid, bigger than bigger than regular. Kilowog, on the other hand, looks gigantic,I don´t know his height, but shouldn´t he be just an inch bigger than the rest of the figures?

I don't think so, Kilowogg is pretty massive in the Green Lantern Corps comics.

Guy Gardner is the closest to Kilowogg in this image and look at how tiny he is in comparison:

37185174514.5.GIF

Again like all big characters they are drawn differently depending on the artist. Personally I don't like how Brimstone and Kilowog are going to be the same height, if you have to scale down Brimstone then for sure Kilowog can be scaled down as well.

Here is Kilowog in his very first appearance:

Kilowog1.jpg

Kilowog2.jpg

Even crouching, he still dwarfs the other characters...look at how big his arms and legs are compared to the people around him.

Here's a later appearance:

79681-171542-kilowog_super.jpg

So yeah, I'd say Wave 11 Kilowog is the perfect size.

The reason Brimstone is scaled down is because he has to be. They're not gonna make an action figure the size of Andre the Giant.

The reason Kilowog is not scaled down is because he doesn't have to be. They can afford to make a Kilowog that's the perfect height, so they should(and did). I mean, should Toybiz have made Juggernaut too small just because Galactus was out of scale?

why do fan boys always argue over something that all sides are usually right about. hes been drawn BOTH ways....same as darkseid, lobo, doomsday, and a whole bunch more characters. theres no such thing as a "perfect" size unless the character has only been drawn ONE way. take doomsday for example. when he first came to be, he was a bit bigger than supes, but if you say that the DCSH fig is closer to his true height, others will say that he needs to be as big as the darkseid C&C fig. its really a dumb debate when you take a look at it

why do fan boys always argue over something that all sides are usually right about. hes been drawn BOTH ways....same as darkseid, lobo, doomsday, and a whole bunch more characters. theres no such thing as a "perfect" size unless the character has only been drawn ONE way. take doomsday for example. when he first came to be, he was a bit bigger than supes, but if you say that the DCSH fig is closer to his true height, others will say that he needs to be as big as the darkseid C&C fig. its really a dumb debate when you take a look at it!

your right in many respects but sometimes a character is way out of scale. Take the original Toy biz X-men figures, Juggernaut was smaller than Wolverine and Magneto. Hell, Wolverine was standardly taller than most other figures in that toyline and it sucked. The problem with DCUC is the opposite problem.........Grundy was too big, Kilowog was too big, and Brimstone wasn't big enough. AFP posted the entire wave and I actually like the height of Darkseid, he is big but he doesn't seem like the ridiculous height of Grundy.

• Like 2

why do fan boys always argue over something that all sides are usually right about. hes been drawn BOTH ways....same as darkseid, lobo, doomsday, and a whole bunch more characters. theres no such thing as a "perfect" size unless the character has only been drawn ONE way. take doomsday for example. when he first came to be, he was a bit bigger than supes, but if you say that the DCSH fig is closer to his true height, others will say that he needs to be as big as the darkseid C&C fig. its really a dumb debate when you take a look at it!

your right in many respects but sometimes a character is way out of scale. Take the original Toy biz X-men figures, Juggernaut was smaller than Wolverine and Magneto. Hell, Wolverine was standardly taller than most other figures in that toyline and it sucked. The problem with DCUC is the opposite problem.........Grundy was too big, Kilowog was too big, and Brimstone wasn't big enough. AFP posted the entire wave and I actually like the height of Darkseid, he is big but he doesn't seem like the ridiculous height of Grundy.

darkseid reg

darkseid1.jpg

darkseid large

darkseid2.jpg

Grundy was too big

depends on what the horsemen were looking at.

grundy.jpg

grundy5.jpg

grundy7.jpg

SolomonGrundy04.jpg

Grundy was too big

depends on what the horsemen were looking at.

I know, its just that I like a Grundy that is large but not larger than the Hulk. I tolerated the JLU version, I guess because it was a cartoon show, but when it comes to a major line, I would of made him big and thick but not the towering version. The sculpt was perfect to me I just don't like how tall he is.

does anyone here have an acme shrinking ray so I can take ole' Grundy down a notch?

• Like 2

why do fan boys always argue over something that all sides are usually right about. hes been drawn BOTH ways....same as darkseid, lobo, doomsday, and a whole bunch more characters. theres no such thing as a "perfect" size unless the character has only been drawn ONE way. take doomsday for example. when he first came to be, he was a bit bigger than supes, but if you say that the DCSH fig is closer to his true height, others will say that he needs to be as big as the darkseid C&C fig. its really a dumb debate when you take a look at it

Weren't you complaining about how tall the Marvel Legends Sabretooth is?

And just curious, when has Lobo ever been drawn as tall as the SDCC figure is? I'm not doubting you, I've just never seen it.

Oh, and I'm fine with the DC Direct Kilowog's height too, just like I'm fine with both Darkseids Mattel has made. I'm just saying, it's not like Mattel made Kilowog that big because they're incompetent...he's been drawn that way.

Weren't you complaining about how tall the Marvel Legends Sabretooth is?

And just curious, when has Lobo ever been drawn as tall as the SDCC figure is? I'm not doubting you, I've just never seen it.

Oh, and I'm fine with the DC Direct Kilowog's height too, just like I'm fine with both Darkseids Mattel has made. I'm just saying, it's not like Mattel made Kilowog that big because they're incompetent...he's been drawn that way.

complaining isnt arguing. no one denyed that sabretooth was drawn in various sizes, its just hard to be 6ft-ish being taller than colossus when hes metal.(7'6) and most of the pics that make him look big are next to wolvey. if a person wants a figure to represent a certain way that a character is/was drawn, thats one thing, but to say its all around wrong is another. have you ever seen sabretooth and colossus the same height in the comics? and if sabe is the right size, then colossus is too small, either way, its more of a legit complaint than some of the DC gripes. every complaint about the DCU figs so far have been "personal preference" vs actual fact. take sinestro for example, people show pics of him tall, and some show him short. if youve seen him tall more than short, then i can understand the gripes, but if he has EVER been drawn short....then the fig is an accurate version of someones artwork at DC. as far as Lobo goes..you said it yourself!..mattel isnt incompetent, so....

pic from comicfigs.net

mls.jpg

Yeah, that Sabretooth is out of control.

I have not put Darkseid together yet, but based on pictures I"ve seen, it look like a decent height. I cannot understand the love for the DCSH pin head.

To me most of the C&C figure have been decent, but Grundy is too damn big. If he was made Darkseids height, I would like it better.

I think Darkseid is just a tad too big for my tastes. I prefer Kirby's proportions, and he didn't seem that much bigger than the other characters. Grundy is waaaaay too big though!

But overall, I do like Darkseid and can't wait to get the last piece. :)

Grundy is waaaaay too big though!

then its some DC artist's fault. as long as a character has been depicted big, then making a fig that way is accurate no matter how we feel. maybe later theyll make a smaller sized grundy.

then its some DC artist's fault. as long as a character has been depicted big, then making a fig that way is accurate no matter how we feel. maybe later theyll make a smaller sized grundy.

It is some of the artist fault, in anything people take way to many liberties with characters. To some extent things need to be coherent and within reason. In the Batman/Superman series with Supergirl and Darkseid, Darkseid was too big, his entire fist was the same size as the entire torso of Batman and Superman. To be honest I would of preferred Grundy to have been human height (which was his original stature) to his oversize height. I prefer him to be taller than an average man but he was a giant in his CNC size.

It is some of the artist fault, in anything people take way to many liberties with characters. To some extent things need to be coherent and within reason. In the Batman/Superman series with Supergirl and Darkseid, Darkseid was too big, his entire fist was the same size as the entire torso of Batman and Superman. To be honest I would of preferred Grundy to have been human height (which was his original stature) to his oversize height. I prefer him to be taller than an average man but he was a giant in his CNC size.

yeah, i always look at grundy and wonder who his tailor was. then i think.....damn! that was a huge man when he was alive!(lol)