Which DCUC figures disappointed you most?

RecklessEndangerment

So which figures failed to live up to expectations?

Off the top of my head Nightwing and Kid Flash didn't impress me that much. Nightwing was pretty bland imo, and I hated the head sculpt. Kid Flash looked horrible at retail which surprised me considering how much I loved the prototype. I really don't know what it is but I think molding him in yellow may have been a bad choice. It might've looked better painted.

Cyborg. He just didn't feel like an improvement on the Super Powers version. The vac metallized SP figure just looked beter. Also Brainiac was too green. So I guess that means DCUC is a consistently good line. Now the upcoming 2-packs for Walmart definitely can be added to disappointments.

#1 Eradicator: I hated those opaque goggles.

#2 Starfire: I heard all of the bad press on the body choice and I agree. Though I expected less hair, but was pleasently surprised.

#3 wave I Batman: prototype pics showed a blue forehead......

I have to agree with Starfire as choice for worst. A lot of the females have arms that are way too skinny and the flat face, but Starfire's body was sooooo wrong.

I was disappointed with how small Kid Flash and Robin are and how Robin is missing a neck. I didn't need the regeneration suit Superman or Dr. Impossible variants, but I don't hate them.

I couldn't agree with everyone more. Starfire was rather disappointing.

It would be so nice if they would go with a bit of a larger sculpt for the women. I think Katma Tui also falls into this trap.

I kind of wish that DCUC would create the female characters a bit more sturdy like the DC Direct Figures do, especially when it comes to the arms.

Despero, and Solomon Grundy were too big and that really bummed me out. Most people find them acceptable but I really don't think so, they really TOO BIG.

Starfire was ugly, she really could of been better

All the female arms are too skinny and flimsy to the tough, they did better with the female arms on MOTUC

I know a couple of other figures recently fell into this, but Two-Face was the first one I noticed...you can't tilt his head down a whole lot. And the way his eyes are painted, he's kind of always looking up. :/ You have to have him hunching forward in order for him to be looking straight. That bummed me out.

Man-Bat was another. Great looking figure, but no thigh swivel? He could've been better.

Penguin could have been better also. The way he looks, and is articulated, he reminds me of a DC Direct figure.

I really hope they fix blue-aboo-dee-aboo-da Harley Quinn. Next to the W10 Joker, she looks funky.

W11 Cyborg Superman should have looked like the prototype. The red eyes disappointed me a bit. And the silver paint on either sides of his teeth also threw me off.

All that aside....so far so good, Mattel. In figure design, anyway!

I'll probably catch a lot of flack, but Black Canary isn't that great of a fig. Besides the back of her legs, her head is the real problem. While a great sculpt, you can't make her look straight ahead. She can only look down...that is unless you move her chest up so that she's sticking her chest out like a femmebot.

That said, she's not the worst. That still goes to Kid Flash to me. I put Starfire ahead of KF because of her wonderful head sculpt.

I don't want to dogpile Starfire; but the figure was so bad I passed on that two pack. They really should have stuck with the classic Perez design for her and given her a proper custom sculpt. If this line is for collectors, then make it worth my while.

After that Power Girl and Wonder Woman were a bit crap as well. They're both too frail looking. For my dollar the Infinite Crisis PG is still the best rendition of her:

5175_a_full.jpg

I've considered adding a little bulk to both of them using sculpey; but i have no skill in that area. @grumpy@

Wow, that Power Girl is fantastic!! Wish DCUC would have looked like that version!! LOL!!

For me, biggest disappointments are the ones I looked forward to the most, and was let down!

Sinestro. Great sculpt, just too damn small! I mean for crying out loud, he's just a tad bigger than Kid Flash, what the hell!!

Captain Marvel. Now the body was dead to right, but in my opinion, they got the face sculpt all wrong. Perhaps I've been looking at the Alex Ross Cap for too long, but I did not like his eyes or his smile! I know he's been known to have a big cheesy grin, but a more serious look for an action figure might have been better! Also, his eyes, should have been squinting. Again, probably b/c of Alex Ross' take, but I've seen other comics, and he is also squinting a lot!!

Captain Cold. Why they added a wash to the teeth, I'll never know. Why they had to make him grimace like that, something else I'll never know! Just a more neutral or angry look, sans teeth!! Also, yet another shorty when it came to villains!!

Biggest peeve of all the DCUC, the use of plastic capes! Yes, I know they probably look better, but I think it would have been the greatest to have had soft goods capes!! I know a lot of my figures would stand because of them!! Kind of like they do with the lil kiddie DC figures, the soft goods only come out in the back, so the shoulders are still plastic!! I just think it could have been done, and would have been a fantastic nod to Super Powers, hell any 80's toy line!! LOL!! Just look at what Hasbro is doing with their soft goods, nice use of both plastic and soft goods to make a better looking toy, and one that can move!! LOL!!

Sinestro - Way too short. Would love them to do that one again.

Metamorpho - Maybe I just got a bad one, but those legs don't stay on worth a darn.

Grundy & Lobo - They both look great, but don't they seem a tad big?

Gleek - Not to beat a dead horse, or monkey in this case, but that was just a horrible slap in the face.

1. Starfire: Hands down this is the worst, cheapest looking figure in the whole line. I don't know what character deserves this shoddy figure, but Starfire definitely deserved better!

2. Sinestro: A nicely sculpted figure but I sigh every time I see him next to almost any other figure.

3. Gorilla Grodd: An evil telepathic ape should make for a spectacular figure, but this one doesn't. He looks brain dead and the articulation is limited for this line. The final strike is that stupid tentacled skull cap being permanently attached to his head! What were they thinking with that?