is the rebooted film series too early on to have the borg

spystreak

No, I love the Borg, but enough with trying to fit them in past Generations!! They belong only to the Next Gen storyline, and that's where they should remain!! It's retconning and I hate that, it never comes out right!! So many classic villains that could be updated, and hell they can come up with a few new ones!!

We need to see a good Klingon v Federation battle!! That's what I would love to see!!

• Like 1

No, I love the Borg, but enough with trying to fit them in past Generations!! They belong only to the Next Gen storyline, and that's where they should remain!! It's retconning and I hate that, it never comes out right!! So many classic villains that could be updated, and hell they can come up with a few new ones!!

We need to see a good Klingon v Federation battle!! That's what I would love to see!!

This.

Klingons have been done to death. How about some other aliens that never get any trek love like the Gorn. I modern Gorn could be really creepy and fresh.

Yeah because the Borg haven't been beaten to death.

Last time I checked the Klingons were the arch enemies of the Federation in the 23rd Century. God forbid should the producers make an antagonist that makes sense. I don't mean to slap your Gorn idea down but doing a reboot without the main villains is just wrong.

• Like 1

Klingons have been done to death. How about some other aliens that never get any trek love like the Gorn. I modern Gorn could be really creepy and fresh.

Last time I checked the Klingons were the arch enemies of the Federation in the 23rd Century. God forbid should the producers make an antagonist that makes sense. I don't mean to slap your Gorn idea down but doing a reboot without the main villains is just wrong.

But why reboot if your going to tellt he exact same stories?

Myself, I'd love to see the Borg, but I think they are to Dark for this more lighthearted Trek.

• Like 1

Btw, I believe the Borg made an appearance on the Enterprise series.

that was enterprise nobody really cares about that show.

I only made this thread because I was bored and just watched Star Trek first contact

Btw, I believe the Borg made an appearance on the Enterprise series.

that was enterprise nobody really cares about that show.

I only made this thread because I was bored and just watched Star Trek first contact

They should have retired the Borg after that fantastic movie.

Of course then we wouldn't have gotten the hawtness of 7of9. =P

Yes, its too early for the Borg.

Why? Because if the characters in the new Trek lore can handle them this early in the timeline, then by the time we get to the 24th Century and the Next Generation, there's no contest--the Federation would have over 75 years experience in conflict with the Borg.

No contest==no drama==no story.

Do something else, create something all-new.

PS: and no more time travel stories either.

Why? Because if the characters in the new Trek lore can handle them this early in the timeline, then by the time we get to the 24th Century and the Next Generation, there's no contest--the Federation would have over 75 years experience in conflict with the Borg.

yeah but the timeline was altered so picard may never be born Laforge may never acquire his visor thus not be able to become part of a space crew,worf may never go to the starfleet academy, the entire federation could be destroyed for all we know before the year 2350 my point is with the time line altered the next generation may never happen and doesn't really have any meaning anymore

Myself, I'd love to see the Borg, but I think they are to Dark for this more lighthearted Trek.

They already are! Time travel and ignoring orders are two storylines that have been beaten to death by Star Trek in all its forms -including this one- and now you want to see something different?

Maybe you thought of this, but it's not above the creators to create a NEW storyline involving Klingons. Just throwing it out there.

yeah but the timeline was altered so picard may never be born Laforge may never acquire his visor thus not be able to become part of a space crew,worf may never go to the starfleet academy, the entire federation could be destroyed for all we know before the year 2350 my point is with the time line altered the next generation may never happen and doesn't really have any meaning anymore

Here's another thought: Since this reboot involves the original crew maybe -just maybe- they should focus on some of the material from the original series.

Here's another thought: Since this reboot involves the original crew maybe -just maybe- they should focus on some of the material from the original series.

have to agree with that

They already are! Time travel and ignoring orders are two storylines that have been beaten to death by Star Trek in all its forms -including this one- and now you want to see something different?

Maybe you thought of this, but it's not above the creators to create a NEW storyline involving Klingons. Just throwing it out there.

Who said i liked the reboot? it's a valid point you have, but this movie was different than star Trek before.

While it can be done, couldn't a new storyline invloving the klingons been told in the original verse? oh wait it is in the new Star Trek MMO (if it was just a storyline game on the 360 I think i'd be in ecstasy, not everything needs to be an MMO!)

People will complain if it's too new and different (some folks have already complained about the helmets) and some will complain if it's too the same (me) so it's going to be difficult to pull off.

I can see focusing on the original stuff here because it's the original show but it has to be new, it has to be different somehow, there has to be a reason to see it as opposed to it just having updated graphics and no Shatner (although the later is a good one)

I don't want to see the borg, I'd love to see the gorn though like jayc suggested that could be interesting! THinking about it were the gorn in ds9?.. they had on helmet visors though this time around & were working with the dominion?spelling? Or was that a different race? I thought the borg being in enterprise was quite well done seeing as how they were just there from time travel because of the first contact movie ... I don't think they would work quite as well though in the movie TOS

Rather than klingons what about the romulans hmmm?! We hardly ever get to see anything of them & when we do it is very short & little ... Romulans would make sense too what with the first movie ... I don't really count the TNG movie they did with the picard clone because They just had piclone & the deformed whatever aliens... those are not my damned romulans @loll@

The Remens did suck.

Romulans are a nice idea. I loved them in Ds9.

All this star Trek talk is killing me, is Ds9 airing on spike or anything anymore?

The Remens did suck.

Romulans are a nice idea. I loved them in Ds9.

All this star Trek talk is killing me, is Ds9 airing on spike or anything anymore?

I liked the remans <_<