Could Cobra be sued for sexual discrimination?

DRACOREX

While there are a few Cobras out there, not counting Zarana, it could be said that the organization is pretty much a boy's club. I wonder how tough it is for a woman to break in to the terrorist biz and make a cool codename for herself and stand alongside the likes of Cobra Commander, Destro, and Major Bludd. Then again it all be like Hooters and you have to just look hot in a skin tight suit and hold a gun. Thoughts?

The same could be said for G.I. Joe itself as well as He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers, MASK, Silverhawks, Dino Riders, I could go on.

These are all toylines aimed at boys. They all have something in common, mostly male characters, sure they all had token female characters and He-Man even had that She-Ra spin off which was aimed at girls. Without looking it up I'd bet that most characters in She-Ra were female.

So yeah, Cobra's always been a bit of a sausage party. That's like saying Barbie's a taco buffet.

And if you an figure out a way to subpeona terrorist groups for sexism let me know, there's a couple of other minor charges I'd like to throw their way. :D

Well, I thing the Joe team did a better job in terms of recruiting women. Funny thing though, they are all pretty much white. Except for Jinx. So maybe there are sexual and racial issues that need to be looked at. I do not think subpoenaing(I know that is not right but I am in a hurry) is much of a problem...other that finding them. I think it is a matter of getting them to show up. Who knows, they might even settle out of court.

It's all about the toys, and boys buy the joes and want to play with men. Or as young as all the heros are getting teenagers, whatever.

There was a Black Female Joe she was short of the original 14th Joe. She was shooter. I have to admit i hate that name and when i made a custom of her, i called her "Hot Shot" But there was also an unproduced rah figure that was a black female.

Lady Jaye was going to be Shay and be Irish or scottish, so that's a little more variety. Or whatever, it's a kids toyline and toy let's not get too PC here.

Well, I thing the Joe team did a better job in terms of recruiting women. Funny thing though, they are all pretty much white. Except for Jinx. So maybe there are sexual and racial issues that need to be looked at. I do not think subpoenaing(I know that is not right but I am in a hurry) is much of a problem...other that finding them. I think it is a matter of getting them to show up. Who knows, they might even settle out of court.

I'm not so sure, I haven't done the math here but per capita I think there may be less GI Joe females than Cobra. Follow my thought process here.

- GI Joe is largely comprised of lots and lots individual characters that have joined into one team, Cobra is mostly hordes of faceless troopers.

- Discounting the faceless grunts from both sides. Remebering that Joe also has faceless (Steel Brigade troopers) or identically faced troopers (Greenshirts). Once they're taken out, how many individual characters are left per side? I think the Joes are heavily favoured.

-So, Cobra has the Baroness and Zarana. That's 2 out of what - 50? Joe has Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Covergirl, and Jinx. That's 4 out of I can't even guess how many 300? 500?

I think Cobra island is way less of a dudes only club than the Joe squad.

Again, I realize I haven't sat down and done the math nor am I naming other lesser known characters like Munita, Zanya, Firewall and the like. Still I think we can safely say there is easily way more than double the amount of characters on the Joe squad.

How many people here can name the individual Cobra charcaters off the top of their heads? I'm pretty sure I'd get a least 90-95% of them. Now, how many Joes can you name? There's a lot.

Think about it.

BTW: there is a female Doc whom is not white, she's been in some comics and she has a figure:

http://www.yojoe.com.../gijoedoc.shtml

Forgot about DocII

If you count the toon only characters you get Eve the family range viper, Cadet Demming and maybe a few more.

The comics add Mayday for the Joes, and Knox, Munitia (well she did have a really limited release fig) and Aramda. Madame Umbra was a solo agent wasn't she? can't remember.

Forgot about DocII

If you count the toon only characters you get Eve the family range viper, Cadet Demming and maybe a few more.

The comics add Mayday for the Joes, and Knox, Munitia (well she did have a really limited release fig) and Aramda. Madame Umbra was a solo agent wasn't she? can't remember.

Speaking of the cartoon,wasn't there an episode that showed more female Joe and Cobras than they normally do? The one where the guys all get hypnotized? I'll have to break out the DVD and double check.

Forgot about DocII

Speaking of the cartoon,wasn't there an episode that showed more female Joe and Cobras than they normally do? The one where the guys all get hypnotized? I'll have to break out the DVD and double check.

I remember that.

Forgot about DocII

I remember that.

In fact there was. 'Spell of the Sirens' or something like that.

have you ever seen the original cartoon season 1 episode spell of the siren cobra has a ton of women

and who would be brave enough to sue a terrorist organization

I just want thank you for turning a post that was done half in boredom and half in jest making it a decent argument. I was thinking in terms of higher profile characters and back to the Marvel Comics and older cartoons but they were a lot of great females mentioned. As far as who would be crazy enough to sue. I am thinking that chick who tackled the pope would be a good candidate(lol).

I just want thank you for turning a post that was done half in boredom and half in jest making it a decent argument. I was thinking in terms of higher profile characters and back to the Marvel Comics and older cartoons but they were a lot of great females mentioned. As far as who would be crazy enough to sue. I am thinking that chick who tackled the pope would be a good candidate(lol).

sorry about that should have typed that last post better I should have put "cobra has lots of female hench women in the episode spell of the siren" and the who would be stupid enough to sue a terrorist question was actually a joke

but your right cobra barely has any female main characters besides the Baroness