joe con 2010 whos going

xhairs

I don't even know where it is behing held.

Providence, RI

April 29 - May 2, 2010

I will be there, any of you guys that do attend are welcome to meet up with everyone in the lobby Sat night after the dinner for the annual CFB (drink lots of alchohol and kinda talk about toys) meeting.

after joe con 2009 i will never attend another con ever! Try and have fun man...good luck. :)

TM

What happened??

Just over a 10 hour drive for me. This one might (just MIGHT) be doable???? :)

mapzl.jpg

after joe con 2009 i will never attend another con ever! Try and have fun man...good luck. :)

TM

What happened??

Well i wouldnt say it was all bad, the hotel staff was rude. really just about everyone i encountered was rude. this one albino at the master collector table really made me wanna pop him in the jaw! i didnt renew my membership this year because that guy. no vintage stuff really to speak of and what was there wasnt in quality condition (there was some good stuff but not much) really very few seller tables i know the economy was/is bad but it was pretty sad. i was really expecting them to go "all out" with the movie having just opened? the 2001 con spoiled me cause it was a freaking blast!! i think if you lower your expectations it would be enjoyable.

a few good things though i was able to find the toyfare SE & scarlett set for 10 bucks, picked up a serpentor/shockviper pack MOC for $30. some of the movie prop stuff was cool to see. and i saw alyosha but i was waaay to afraid to talk to him,talented guy like that wtf am i going to say to him? i felt unworthy so i moved along. and on the ride home me and my nephew laughed our heads off doing our impressions of the master colletor albino shaking and pissing himself cause i asked him a question???? wierd? but i still laugh now thinkin about that guy! at the time i was pissed though!

TM

TM

What happened??

Well i wouldnt say it was all bad, the hotel staff was rude. really just about everyone i encountered was rude. this one albino at the master collector table really made me wanna pop him in the jaw! i didnt renew my membership this year because that guy. no vintage stuff really to speak of and what was there wasnt in quality condition (there was some good stuff but not much) really very few seller tables i know the economy was/is bad but it was pretty sad. i was really expecting them to go "all out" with the movie having just opened? the 2001 con spoiled me cause it was a freaking blast!! i think if you lower your expectations it would be enjoyable.

a few good things though i was able to find the toyfare SE & scarlett set for 10 bucks, picked up a serpentor/shockviper pack MOC for $30. some of the movie prop stuff was cool to see. and i saw alyosha but i was waaay to afraid to talk to him,talented guy like that wtf am i going to say to him? i felt unworthy so i moved along. and on the ride home me and my nephew laughed our heads off doing our impressions of the master colletor albino shaking and pissing himself cause i asked him a question???? wierd? but i still laugh now thinkin about that guy! at the time i was pissed though!

TM

Who was this albino guy who works for MC? I don't remember him. In fact, I remember pretty much everyone at the MC booth being friendly and polite...

I had a great time at the '09 con, didn't meet anyone who was rude or anything like that. Most people were really cool. I met Alyosha, and he's a good guy. He was super busy so we didn't talk much or anything (and he was only there on Sunday, I believe...) but he recognized my screen name and I'm sure he'd know who you were too (after all, Fro-Joe is pretty famous... or maybe infamous is the right word...). Nothing to be afraid of! Hotel staff were fine too.

I will agree that I thought the con would have been bigger than it was. I was at the '07 one and it was pretty comparable, but I thought that after the 25th line had been out for a couple of years, not to mention the movie, things would have been turned up a notch. And yeah, I always want to see more vintage stuff, and I wish there had been more dealer tables both times I went... But hey, if I could, I would definitely be going this year. I suppose it's POSSIBLE that I could get a night flight and be there for Saturday and Sunday only... I MIGHT look into that, but I would have preferred to have the Friday at least off. But then again, the reason there's a work conflict is because it's pre-Afghanistan deployment training. For all I know there will be work on the weekend. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Who was this albino guy who works for MC? I don't remember him. In fact, I remember pretty much everyone at the MC booth being friendly and polite...

I had a great time at the '09 con, didn't meet anyone who was rude or anything like that. Most people were really cool. I met Alyosha, and he's a good guy. He was super busy so we didn't talk much or anything (and he was only there on Sunday, I believe...) but he recognized my screen name and I'm sure he'd know who you were too (after all, Fro-Joe is pretty famous... or maybe infamous is the right word...). Nothing to be afraid of! Hotel staff were fine too.

"The Albino" as i like to call him. may or may not have been an actual albino? he was a guy in maybe mid to late 30's 5ft 8ish.215 pounds or there abouts had creepy flesh colored hair and beard combo, ya know looking back he reminded me of the comedian who does the hot pockets jokes...(i cant think of his name?) but in my mind he sounded like him too. anyway i was buyin a bunch of stuff from their booth and the lady who's writting down what i wanted,i asked HER "you woundnt happen to have any SDCC Cobra Commanders would ya?" and this dude pops out of nowhere screaming hunching over and shaking "WE DONT HAVE THOSE!WE NEVER HAD THOSE!WHO TOLD YOU WE HAD THOSE!" (his exact words?) and at this point everyones lookin at me like i just said bomb on an airplane.anyway in my book that was rude.

im not going to go into the hotel staff rudness,could have been a race thing? maybe they new i was a local and not a guest of the hotel? so they treated me like garbage for that reason? but im a magnet for that kinda stuff it always happens to me where ever i go? thats why i dont leave my house unless i have to. i thought a "gijoe" convention would be different maybe i thought i would blend in better then i did?

as for talking to alyosha to a customizer he is like a rock star! i just thought everything i would say would sound stupid..like meeting eddie van halen and telling him how great you are at guitar hero. and i started to have an an anxiety attack so i moved on. i know he's good people and wouldnt have told me to drop dead and my customs suck but i wasnt gonna take that chance :)

TM