New 3 3/4 Spiderman Figures

Joker08

I just recently found the new wave of the 3 3/4 Spiderman figures. Not a bad set of figures. Just one problem I had with the super poseable figure. After taking him from the package, I noticed that his legs from the knee joint down are bowed outward. I've read that if you place joints in boiling water that you can fix problems like this. Is that so? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

The boiled water trick will work.

Dip just the legs in for about 5-10 seconds, and then remove from the water. They will be rubbery, bend them the way you want and dunk under cold running tap water to "lock" the plastic. The cold water treatment is necessary because letting the part cool on its own will return the plastic to its "memorized" state again. The cold water makes it rigid again instantly.

Nice thing about this method is that you can do it as many times as you like without any damage to the toy. If it returns to the bowed state, just repeat the method again as needed.

I got the black suit Spidey, super articulated Spidey, and Green Goblin at the TRU in Tuscaloosa, AL over the weekend. I am very impressed with all 3. I am really looking forward to this line now, because the black suit and super articulated Spideys are better than any of the ones in the MU line. They are in scale with each other, no super funky paint washes, pretty good articulation, and the paint is nice and clean and crisp. The Venoms were gone when I got there, but I'm really looking forward to him. Most of the other Spideys I won't get, but there are a couple that look pretty descent, if not comic accurate, and I will get a few of them. Really like the arctic spidey in wave 2. I thought Goblin would be a rework of the MU Goblin, but he looks all new. I just didn't like his flimsy bag strap (it's a very soft plastic) and he can't really hold his bomb as well as the MU Goblin. I do like the proportions of his body and head, the pose of his hat, and his flatter glider for posing.

Why didn't they give Venom knee joints? That's the main reason I haven't picked him up.

Because Venom prefers to stand and has no reason to ever sit or pick something up. Once he knocks you down, you stay down.

Seriously, I'm not collecting the 3-3/4 figures but Venom has rigid legs? I didn't know about that. That sucks.

I found these in my Wal Mart in Canada,BC.

I think they end up looking really good. It's really weird that Venom has a ball joint hip but there's no ankle nor knee joints.

• 2 weeks later...

This line is like the Iron Man 2 line to me, I am only going to pick up the few that are from the comic series and are not available in the regular MU line. I really don't need a Spider-Man with an inflatable boat, or a Light-Up Eyes Spidey, or another Iron Man other than the 1st Appearance or a true Silver Centurion Iron Man from the Armor Wars era. So more than likely, I will be picking out the new villains like Crymson Dynamo and Rhino.