The Rumored DCUC Wave 14 List

MasterJailer

I've seen this list get tossed around on a few message boards as a possible line-up for DCUC's Wave 14, which Mattel won't be announcing until February. This list supposedly originates from one of those WalMart computer lists which while off at times haven't been entirely inaccurate.

The line-up is as follows:

Wave 14

Lantern

Obsidian

Hourman

Gold

Kamandi

Zatana

Tyr

The C&C is Ultra-Humanite

My reactions:

1. Lantern: Listed simply as "Lantern," the conventional speculation given the other JSA names on this list is that this is going to be Alan Scott. I'm up for virtually ANY Green Lantern (except G'Nort and Ch'p!) but I'm particularly looking for the Golden Age Green Lantern.

2. Obsidian: This has always been one of my favorite DC costume designs. I'm happy to get him.

3. Hourman: I'd prefer the original Rex Tyler but I'm open to either Rex or his son Rick. If we're lucky, we'll get both as a 50/50 variant.

4. Gold: I'm all for the Metal Men. It looks like Mattel has done a great job with Iron. Gold should be spectacular.

5. Kamandi: Ugh! We've hit a snag here. I know a lot of Kirby fans are clamoring for this guy but I really don't get it.

6. Zatana: I'm always happy to add to my Satellite JLA. I'm actually open to either version of her costume. Maybe another variant?

7. Tyr: Here we have the obligiatory Super Powers representative. While there are a bunch of other bad guys I'd rather see, I'm always up for any villain. With his bionic gun-arm, he should be a pretty cool figure.

C&C: Ultra-Humanite: A great choice. Now that the Legion of Doom is almost together, let's start on the Secret Society of Super Villains!

What do you think?

Tyr is still an interesting choice to me...he was a Legion Of Super-Heroes villain that they threw into the Super Powers line. Very few writers have actually used this character, even though there was a figure of him.

Lantern: Alan Scott please, waiting the all the JSA

Obsidian: yeah! where are Jade?

Hourman: good

Gold: uhmm well..

Zattana: YEAH!!!! COOL!!!! IS TIME!!!!

Tyr: :P

Kamandi: The Kirby influence continue..

Ultrahumanite: Waiting for the Starro BAF

Only one I may get but not to sure yet is Tyr. I always wanted him from the Super Powers line but never could fine him. And if Lantern is Kyle then him to other then him no GL for me. If this list is right.

Zatanna is my second-most-wanted character, but she had better have fishnets and a hat. Otherwise, epic fail.

Guy Gardner is my most wanted character, but an Alan Scott is fine too.

Tyr...meh. I've never been a Legion guy, but I'd rather have some actual Legion members before a minor Legion villain. I'm sure the figure will be good, though.

Kamandi is okay, not somebody I'm excited about, but as far as "future" characters go, he's better than Tyr. His part of Wednesday Comics was awesome!

Ultra-Humanite should be badass!

• Like 1

Anybody else think it's ironic that when we want to know what figures are in a wave the first place we go is the fabled Wally-World computer, yet when it comes time to actually find the figures themselves, Wal-Mart's shelves always seem to be bare?

theres truth to that statement!

Never once have I hoped the speculation of a wave, was so true! this would be a slam dunk! while I agree that any Lantern would be great, we NEED Alan Scott.. and the mention of Obsidian ( his son) and Hourman ( also JSA) that seems most likley!

Zat is an obvious good call! the C & C .. if this is a JSA themed wave.. is a hit!

all in all... IMO, waaay better than wave 12.. ( my only interest there is Dr Mid-nite).

as I've said many times, speculation is fine, but until the official word from Mattel comes, I dont hold my breath.. but wherever this list ame from.. it seems not only logical, but well balanced, and FITS all the previous wave criteria :)

lets hope this is accurate, because it would fufill the hopes of a good number of us! @supes@

Anybody else think it's ironic that when we want to know what figures are in a wave the first place we go is the fabled Wally-World computer, yet when it comes time to actually find the figures themselves, Wal-Mart's shelves always seem to be bare?

No. But that's probably because I've snagged waves 10 and 11 from Walmart shelves and yesterday saw the 5 pack in store.