Ask Your Questions For Hasbro

JayC

What is the fate of the 25th anniversary line/classics? Will we see the line continue and when?893USA1-thumb.gif

I'd really like to see this question asked (in these words) assuming we don't get Hasbro's typical non-answers. It would be nice to know whether they have any intention to return to the classic designs.

This question has been asked in every single freaking Q&A in some form or another. THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY/CLASSICS LINE IS DEAD AND THERE ARE NO CURRENT PLANS TO BRING IT BACK. This has been said over and over and over again. Just because people don't like that answer doesn't mean it isn't answering the question. There may be "onesies and twosies" of classic-deco characters popping up from time to time, but they're not coming back as a full line anytime in the forseeable future (which for Hasbro means up until mid-2011 or so).

Hasbro has been dead-on consistent in reinforcing that "Rise of Cobra is the focus for the forseeable future."

You'd think people would realize that the 25th anniversary is over.

i think people are asking do to the rumors they been reading, like on hiss tank and other sites, and from what i read the line was to comeback with iron claw, LT stone, and there may have been more of the extremes in the line, but they were nothing more but of rumors, so the more they read it the more they think it will come back, & who know, they just may, and Hasbro wont say nothing. it wont be the first time that has happen..

I've seen pics of the Iron Klaw proto. Things like that are always a round, a few unmade figs some plans that didn't work out. Who knows if the last round of 25th had sold faster maybe, if the roc movie had been delayed, maybe but nope, they just aren't happening. I remember hearing about the guy who won the contest to get his figure made in the steel brigade pack saying there were new protos in a box, jvc style that he got to see. I think he mentioned a new 0-ringed wet-suit. Those didn't make it out, and never well, it's just the nature of the bussiness.

im sure thats going to be the same for the P.O.C. line too. what youll see at the toy fair youll may not see on the market,

That's another question that has been asked and answered repeatedly. "We love the Flagg too, but have no plans for the Flagg in the foreseeable future."

Plus let's face it - The Pit was in the first movie and look at the toy we got instead - a houseboat with wheels. I'm not sure I want their "cost-adjusted" take on the Flagg.

How about this:

Dear Hasbro. The various Zartans, be they Anniversary or Movie, have included extra heads - what would be the chances of semi-regular releases of Zartan with other character heads included? He could come with heads for figures you haven't had the opportunity to release allowing realistic "impersonations" for Zartan, while also offering customizers official headsculpts for their own versions of characters we haven't seen. This would also be useful for you b/c if and when Hasbro gets around to actual characters such as Lifeline, original Dial-tone, etc, you already have the heads sculpted. Lastly, this route should cause little concerns for decreased sales as most collectors would purchase the additional official version of the character even if they had their own customs.

We choose these 3 questions:

1. Will there be any new Dreadnok characters released as figures in 2010? Question By TNI reader Inggasson

2. It seems the cat got out of the bag regarding a 26 episode G.I. Joe series currently being in the casting stages. Will you confirm this for us and are there any other details you can provide us with at this time? Will this new series follow its' own continuity or be a continuation of an existing one (Rise of Cobra or Resolute, for example)? Question by TNI reader Jmacq1.

3.In a previous Q&A, you stated that the Pursuit of Cobra would hit stores in "the back half" of 2010. Does that mean the products shown at Joecon last year as part of the Pursuit of Cobra theme have been delayed? Or is that product still considered "Rise of Cobra" product and will still ship in the first half of the year, with a full "re-branding" in the later half with product that hasn't yet been unveiled (and probably won't until Toy Fair)? Question by TNI reader Jmacq1.

I think as others pointed out questions like the 25th Anniversary line status and how well the movie did have been asked and answered by Hasbro in the past. Thanks to everyone who posted questions though and we should have answers back on or around Jan 15 which will be posted on TNI.

i dont kno what the last 2 guys are talking about the best of 80s pakcs with alpine/dusty/quickick were all flooded the last 4 months at marshalls. at first thy were 14.99 then i found some a week or so ago for 7.99

Lucky you. No Marshalls around here. I only ever saw ONE of the sets with Alpine (the one I picked up), 2 of the packs with Dusty (one I got and one that had all the figures replaced with Corps figures) and maybe 4 or 5 of one with Quick Kick. Ever.

I think as others pointed out questions like the 25th Anniversary line status and how well the movie did have been asked and answered by Hasbro in the past. Thanks to everyone who posted questions though and we should have answers back on or around Jan 15 which will be posted on TNI.

I think it has a bit to do with HOW we ask than WHAT we ask. I disagree with the idea that "25th is over" when we see Night Force Tunnel Rat, Monkeywrench and Night Creeper. I think the idea is that 25th is no longer the FOCUS of the G.I. Joe line. But that doesn't mean we can't still see 25th style figures IN the line.