WAVE 10...The pain continues...

rash

Of course...AFTER I bought all of WAVE 10 on EBAY...

...I walk into WalMart today, looking for a bottle of Ibuprofen, and WHAT do I see on the pegs..???

An ENTIRE set of WAVE 10...Two sets, in fact.

After all that agony...If only I'd waited...

Yes, hindsight is 20/20...And it sucks.

...I walk into WalMart today, looking for a bottle of Ibuprofen, and WHAT do I see on the pegs..???

I wish I could share some of this pain but honest to God, I still can't find these things at all. I have a Man Bat and a Robotman that I scored off e-Bay.

My new strategy is to talk myself out of wanting the rest. It really works when I think about it...

1. Power Girl is getting re-released.

2. Forager? Screw 'im.

3. Black Batman: He would've been left behind even if I did find these at retail.

4. Beast Boy: Nah. I prefer Changeling.

5. The Joker: This is a tough one but he is an A list bad guy. He's GOT to be re-released sometime.

6. Imperiex: Who really cares?

They have clogged more so than wave 8 or 9! Its a beautiful sight actually! @loll@

Draven

Draven we have to be like an hour and a half away from each other, and I have yet to see them here in Huntsville. Not a one. Tell your stores they need to send them my way

Complain when you can't find them.

Complain when you buy them off ePay.

Complain that you finally find them.

Does it ever end? soupson.gif

guitar.gif Sounds like a soap opera. DCUC Wave 10... The pain continues... tune in tomorrow for another gut wrenching episode of, Does It Ever End?

On a completely unrelated note, I thought of a use for that green snake that comes with the Indiana Jones Mutt Williams figure. You can pretend it's Beast Boy.

4221263513_e1ceca1e97_b.jpg

4222027932_5dd79a37c2_b.jpg

4221268071_b32d5a65d9_b.jpg

• Like 1

They have clogged more so than wave 8 or 9! Its a beautiful sight actually! @loll@

Draven

Draven we have to be like an hour and a half away from each other, and I have yet to see them here in Huntsville. Not a one. Tell your stores they need to send them my way

Well I saw a tone of them in Bham WM during my stay up there. And a tone of them all the way to Auburn. Maybe you should just bite the bullet and have someone send them to you! Or drive to bham! @loll@

Draven

I did the same thing, found them all (but ManBat and Beast Boy) about 2 months after I bought them on ebay...but at least I saved alot of time and gas hunting for them, I say it came out about even.

I never saw Wave 5 at all in any Walmart except for the ONE lone Riddler bought. I ended up buying a lot of FOUR of the figures from eBay. The Eradicator of course wasn't included. I didn't care so much about the Eradicator but I did want the left arm for Metallo. I got the lot for a decent price. This was before the price on Wave 5 skyrocketed. I never had any regrets. I never did see these figures in stores but even if I did, I'd just be happy that I had them. As long as I didn't cave and paid an insane price, I wouldn't have any regrets.

LOL...Sorry I'm not trying to be mean

This is why I will not buy online I went from January to November without any DCUC's

I found wave 10 last month

LOL...Sorry I'm not trying to be mean

This is why I will not buy online I went from January to November without any DCUC's

I found wave 10 last month

I'll buy online if I can get a good deal. I mean, if it's within 15% of the retail price I'll probably get it, but yeah, no way would I ever pay the insane prices they are charging on ebay for figures that are in release (old figures are different...but only slightly...cause I still won't buy wave 5).

After all that time I finally found them. Of course by that time it was already too late, I was already done with this line. Finished with one of the most frustrating lines ever made!! Hell even Marvel Legends weren't as frustrating!!!

I was so tempted to keep them, but when I took them back, and saw how much I got back in cash, it cemented the fact that these guys are just too damn expensive!! 10 dollars a pop, reasonable, 13 to 15, hell no!! And yeah blah, blah, blah toys are going up across the board, blah, blah, blah. It doesn't make it right!! They want to appeal to the mass consumer, not develop a small niche!!

After all that time I finally found them. Of course by that time it was already too late, I was already done with this line. Finished with one of the most frustrating lines ever made!! Hell even Marvel Legends weren't as frustrating!!!

I was so tempted to keep them, but when I took them back, and saw how much I got back in cash, it cemented the fact that these guys are just too damn expensive!! 10 dollars a pop, reasonable, 13 to 15, hell no!! And yeah blah, blah, blah toys are going up across the board, blah, blah, blah. It doesn't make it right!! They want to appeal to the mass consumer, not develop a small niche!!

the price doesnt bother me too much since this line is the only toy line I collect (although I have been buying a few Marvel Legends lately) so Ill be with it till the end...or they rise to $20 a pop then that will be too much for me.

I agree with this poster, Walmart has terrible distribution with these things and because of past practices many (including myself) were forced to ebay. Apparently they did produce more than enough of these but at the same time the uneven distribution was crazy. Some places got tons while others were barren for months. I even called one Walmart, found out how many cases were expected and when was the delivery date, well they came (2 cases short of what I was told) in two days before the date and were all snagged up.

Exclusives are terrible and Walmart has the worst distribution system which is ironic because supposedly they have this amazing tracking/distribution/trends system in place for just the situation we encountered.

I don't like exclusives and judging from this past experience, only scalpers and a lucky few benefit.

• Like 3

i still have set if anyone is interested

I don't like exclusives and judging from this past experience, only scalpers and a lucky few benefit.

I bet a lot more people got wave 10 in its entirety (or the figs they wanted) than got Gentleman Ghost.

I got my GG from a Hardy's resturant. Saw a kid playing with him, when his parents ordered food I snatched him and ran out the door. His parents chased me but I paid a vendor on the street for his balloons and I floated away. You must do what you can for GG.....that is what any self respecting collector would have done

gary-busey.jpg