Major Force and Black Lightning

Da Top Cat

Most likely in January or February. Wasn't the wave split into 2 waves with the first four out, and the next four after.

I have doubts they will ever make it to retail. Target will probably clearance them soon and with mattel saying on matty they don't even have any productiob carded samples to show, that is not a good sign. These were suppose to be released in Nov.... :(

Draven

I don't remember hearing they were coming in November. The wave was split into two.

Yes, Mattel said they were splitting the line into two waves - the second will have Force and BL, as well as the metallic redecos for Superman and Batman.

I am getting a little worried about them as well, but they haven't said they were canceled, so hopefully they'll show up.

It was posted somewhere that Matty had stated via their Facebook page that this second wave had shipped and was now in Target's hands and it was up to Target to put them out.

Great. I'll never see em. All three targets in my area have more than a case sitting on the shelves...actually under. All three put them on the bottom shelf. @grumpy@

The wave was split in 2, OCT and NOV originally. I heard Target is about to clearance the PE stuff though.... so I'd like to see where Mattel said Target had them when just a few weeks ago they said they did not and that they themselves Mattel had no carded samples to show.

Draven

Yeah at this point I am not even sure they will be shorted like that! WHich would probably be best of Mattel just said Target didnot want them and sold them to us for $25 a two pack off Matty at this point. But then I bet they would make us buy all 4 and id be stuck with the crappy Superman repaint.... :( Could be a loose loose situation any way we go!

Draven

I really just want the two BAf parts at this point. Its going to equal some major suckage if we cant finish our target exclusive BAF. Spliting a BAF into two waves was a bad idea, my local Target doesnt even have a space for these anymore. Its bad enough I was forced into another Supes and Bats for their parts, now if I bought those two and I wont see the rest of the parts, that will be a pain.

This will be a drag if those two barely get released, oh well it wouldnt be the first time we were shorted a figure, im looking at you Dragonman and Kang.

Thats funny...I was just thinking about the poor releases of those figures too! I haven't gotten them yet either.

Yeah at least with Kang we got the Hasbro version, so he has a representation. But I really would like a Dragonman some day, what a great sculpt on him, a real shame the way that went down. The same could be said for those later X-men legends; I never did see Rouge on shelves around here.

Oh well, at least if these see any sort of release they wont be impossible to find. Expensive yes, I can see the vultures already circling this line...lol.

I can see these figures going down the same exact way Target has often handled their JLU six packs.

Those of us masochists who've collected the JLU line will remember that Target has repeatedly sat on JLU product that has gone no where and has just clogged the shelves. Then at during the post-Christmas clearance season, Target dumps the product everyone has REALLY been waiting for on their clearance shelves at only a few of their stores where they're scooped up immediately for a song. This happened with the Grodd six pack (which thankfully saw a re-release and THEN rotted on shelves), the Steel six pack, and the Atomic Skull six pack. It looks to be happening again with the Eclipso and Thanagar sets too. I expect we won't see anything of Major Force or Black Lightning for months and then possibly around the Summer, Target will dump them out at clearance at only a handful of their stores.

If this happens, I may have to swear off any future offerings like this. As it was, I bought the figures that I did buy holding my nose. I really wasn't crazy about the stylized sculpts BUT...

1. I didn't think we would ever get another Icicle. Silver Banshee... maybe. She's a Superman villain, but not Icicle.

2. Major Force actually looks passable.

3. I really wanted Brimstone.

If Mattel pulls this again with any of their other movies such as the upcoming Crisis, I'm passing. I'm stuck with useless Brimstone pieces. I've been playing with Brimstone's crotch for a month now and nothing!