Best Movies of 2009

Rockzilla

Yeah, in Inkheart Brenden Fraser can make things in books come to life by reading them out loud. It was a pretty fun movie.

The camera angles were pretty bad. It's like the new James Bond movies... I think they're pretty good action movies. But without the campy banter and over the top gadgets it's just a dude beating up some other dudes. Star Trek was a good action/sci-fi movie but honestly half of it looked like it was filmed in warehouse or an oil refinery.

What's inkheart about? I've barely heard anything about it before seeing you guys mention it in this thread. Is it the one with Brenden Fraiser?

Yep! I like most of Frasers movies anyway (with few exceptions) so this one was no different and I enjoyed the movie a lot. I'm a sucker for the fantasy, medieval type themes also, and this one fit the bill very nicely. Reading characters into life from out of books, something going IN when something comes OUT of the book, thus the mission to find the book the (now missing) person went into, and having wizards and monsters either wanting to go BACK into their books or destroying all the books so they will NEVER have to go back in, because they like it here better, and Frasers character caught right in the middle of it. Good story, good actors, good plot and great filmography.

VH I've heard bad things about All about Steve, did you see it yet?

Finally watched it!

VERDICT..?

p4570.jpg

• Like 1

I wonder when Zombieland comes out on DVD? I might have to see if its on any torrent sites in good quality. I love zombies so I'll probably like it!

Plus Emma Stone is in it!

dphme0.jpg

2vwe0l2.jpg

theres some good torrents of it out. I downloaded one awhile ago to watch it again. and by good torrents I mean that it wasn't a cam copy.

My top ten:

10. Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (It still has its issues of course, but I've liked it alot better upon each subsequent viewing.)

9. Terminator Salvation

8. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (It was just fun, and my inner nine-year-old loved it.)

7. Quantum of Solace (The new Bond movies keep me guessing with loads of action. I love them.)

6. Disney's A Christmas Carol (This movie is now my favorite version of one of my favorite Christmas stories of all time.)

5. Taken (My new favorite Liam Neeson movie. Awesome.)

4. Star Trek (It respected and acknowledged what came before while refreshing the franchise in an exciting way.)

3. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

2. Australia (HIGHLY underrated in my opinion. I got it for my wife for Christmas, and we both watched it and LOVED it.)

1. Avatar (Oh wow...I just saw this movie earlier this evening, and it may very well be my favorite movie of all time. I absolutely loved it.)

By the way, many of you are mentioning the new Friday the 13th movie; I'd actually like to see it. I've never been a fan of horror movies in general, but the previews of the new Friday the 13th have intrigued me. I was never a fan of the original films, but the new one looks interesting, I have to admit.

Just in! This one was questionable, but ended up being pretty funny. It would make my top 20 list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOIRq4hSIMw

VH your a big fan of GI Joe

What did you think of it?

Just OK. Not horrible, not great. So much BETTER could have been down with it, but it is what it is.