Best Movies of 2009

Rockzilla

District 9

Star Trek

Public Enemies

I had Valkyrie, Defiance, and Taken on my list, but I think those came out in late 08?

honorable mention movies (lol)

Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans

An Empress and the Warriors (came out in 2008, but didn't see it until this year since its a chinese movie...)

Overall a crap year for movies IMO

I'd say 2009 was rather weak compared to 2008. Then again the past few years of this decade have been pretty bad with all the remakes,parody movies, and bad video game/comic/toy adaptions.

I think Taken came out in 2008 everywhere else, but here in the US it was in 2009, same goes for Defiance.

I will also give honorable mention to Underworld Rise of the lycans, it was better than Evolution IMO. Drag me to Hell was also decent.

The most over rated movie this year has to be Inglourious Basterds. I couldn't even sit through that crap. But I expected to hate it since I've hated all of Tarantino's recent movies. Its a shame since I really love Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.

I thought Inglourious Basterds was amazing: easily the best movie of the year, and perhaps my new favorite Tarantino movie.

Watchmen and Star Trek were very good as well. I was very disappointed w/ transformers 2, and I haven't had a chance to see District 9 yet.

Terminator and Wolverine were ok, but could've been much better.

TOP 10

movies1o.jpg

movies2v.jpg

movies3.jpg

movies4.jpg

The most over rated movie this year has to be Inglourious Basterds. I couldn't even sit through that crap. But I expected to hate it since I've hated all of Tarantino's recent movies. Its a shame since I really love Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.

I like many of Tarantino's flicks as well, but I agree on this one. I was pretty disappointed with it and my opinion on the reason why, is because of Pitt. Everyone else really did a good job with their roles (especially the one Nazi prick who made the deal with them) but Pitt was trying to be too cutesy or something and I wasn't buying his character at all. If he was playing it up campy and dumb like Peter Sellers in a Pink Panther movie, that would have been one thing, but I didn't think it worked in this role he played. He ruined it for me.

Hey what do you mean?

Peter Sellers Pink Panther movies were great

Of course they were! :)

1. Inglourious Basterds- Great movie.....the bar/basement scene was great and you could cut the tension in the room with a knife. I really liked this movie....even more was the unexpected revenge plot with the girl.

2. Star Trek- I really wasn't a big fan after I saw it in the theater....I liked it but I wasn't dying to see it again. When it came out on DvD I picked it up and was happy that I did......the second time I watched it I REALLY liked it.

3. Watchmen- I don't know what people were looking for with this movie.....for the most part its the pages of the comic on film.....and us nerds for the most part were STILL unhappy! I wasn't.....I think it was way over the general movie-goers head. You would really only enjoy the story in Watchmen if you're a comic fan.....not your average comic fan that still thinks having the Number 1# issue of whatever is going to put your kid through college someday. You need to have an understanding of the Genre to really appreciate this.......

4. GI Joe: ROC- I know I'm going to get crap for this one.....but you know what? This was a FUN movie and if I was 12 would have been dying to see it again. Is that so bad??? It gave me what Transformers 2 didn't......a fun story that reminded me why I love GI Joe. Granted, there was some stuff that was terrible from a Joe fans POV......but stuff like Snake-Eyes dropping out of the plane dropping Neo-Vipers made it all break-even. (Ripcord wasn't all that bad too)

5. Up - I actually got choked up while I was watching this movie....the way Carl sat around missing his wife and the way he thought that they wasted their time together....only to find in the back of the scrapbook that their life was the adventure......great stuff. If this movie doesn't win something it will be a crime.

6. The Hangover- I can't believe that no one has mentioned this yet, if you haven't seen it you need too.

I still haven't seen "The Hurt Locker" I'm dying to see it.....and I'm pissed that its STILL not out on DvD yet....I gotta wait until the 15th of Jan.

Avatar was pretty good too.......the machines, the creatures, the planet of Pandora. Awesome!

The Hangover- I can't believe that no one has mentioned this yet, if you haven't seen it you need too.

Only cuz I hadn't seen it yet, but having just watched it today, I'd definitely put it in as #11 on my list and a great comedy! I'm doing a Bradley Cooper twofer this weekend, as I rented All About Steve (with Sandra Bullock) also, but The Hangover was hilarious and I really got a kick out of it.

Oh I forgot to mention the Hangover. I thought it was really hilarious.

VH I've heard bad things about All about Steve, did you see it yet?

That's my late-night, jump into bed and watch on the computer flick, for tonight. ^_^

3. Watchmen- I don't know what people were looking for with this movie.....for the most part its the pages of the comic on film.....and us nerds for the most part were STILL unhappy! I wasn't.....I think it was way over the general movie-goers head. You would really only enjoy the story in Watchmen if you're a comic fan.....not your average comic fan that still thinks having the Number 1# issue of whatever is going to put your kid through college someday. You need to have an understanding of the Genre to really appreciate this...

or a FreeMason...Not that I'm agreeing with everything this guys saying he just points some of the masonic references out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfHhIzUoXgI

The Hangover had its moments, but it wouldn't be on my top 10 comedy list. probably the best comedy this year though

Movies I liked arranged in the order of release:

-Inkheart

-Fanboys

-Watchmen

-The Soloist

-Wolverine

-Up

-Public Enemies

-GI Joe

-Zombieland

Movies I still want to see:

-Friday the 13th

-Observe and Report

-Terminator Salvation

-Moon

-Ponyo

-Inglorious Basterds

-Taking Woodstock

-The Informant!

-Where the Wild Things Are

-Astro Boy

-The Men Who Stare at Goats

-The Road

-Invitus

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

I was disappointed with Star Trek. The story made little sense and the camera shots were annoying/confusing. I am a big fan of the cast.