Question for those who buy online...

Riker

Hey guys, it's been a while since I purchase a DCU figure or even post in this section for a while but I was just wondering for those who buy from online retail stores if when ordering a case of a certain waves how well packaged do these come?

And maybe if you have had good packaging from certain stores...

I am currently keeping my collections MOC because I have no space so I was just hoping that if I order a case of each wave if they come well packaged or do they come pretty messed up?

Typically when purchasing figures I purchase on hand in retail stores but I have gone to two KMARTs, one Walmart, two TRU and one Target and have found about 3 figures and decided to pass up because I would like to get the full case.

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated!

--- Riker

Having opened a few DCUC cases that have never been opened I can say the messed up cards come that way from the factory. DCUC really doesn't have a good record as far as I can tell of having nicely shaped cards--there are usually a crease here or a bent card or a dent here and there.

ordering online has been a pleasure, surprisingly I had more trouble with store bought items than those received from online e-tailers. Also I have had unopened packs of DCUC and so far the problems were based all on Mattel. I have also ordered individual figures online without a problem, again its so weird but I had more problems with store purchases.

I've gotten waves 7, 8, 9, and soon to be 11 from BBTS. They come in a row or two surrouned by big bubble wrap in a huge box. Ive had minor things like one had a bent card edge or a bubble ding, but I choose normal class not collector class, as I am going to open them.

I have also taken figures as trade-ins and those who sent them used a nice size box with no complaints.

I have been a moc guy for a long time and honestly weather its on line or at retail some cards will be damaged or bent but the way there packed from the mattel site to what ever retail or online person is selling them.

I have even open a fresh caes at the store and found messed up cards/packageing. Alot of it also depends on the handler of the usps or ups or fed ex etc... slinging boxes around and putting thing way to heavey on top of it or what not.

But i have been dealing with ikes comics n stuff and i have to say i have been just as pleased as if i had found it at retail. One thing i can say i do like about online is that they don't pull the tab to hang it on a peg. the tab is still nice and flat. which at retail they pull it up and most times rip the top of the card or pull the material off the card so they can hang it up.

I know for an opener this don't matter but to us MOC guys who like me are anal about things like that it is or can be a big deal.

That's not a bad deal considering a lot of those figures are still warming pegs at retail at $11.99-12.99 a pop.

Hell, it's cheaper than what I paid for just a run to complete the BAF. @grumpy@

:P

Thanks for the info!!

I am definitely going to get them online because it saves searching for the whole set.... :)