DCU wave 11 orders

gruntcast

I think that one of the most interesting aspects of this line is how it ties into their cartoons.

Batman The Brave and the Bold has used quite a few obscure characters as well as some more mainstream ones.

DC is using that cartoon to put some of their lesser known characters to the forefront in order to keep kid's interest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_the_brave_and_the_bold#Cast

The Question has appeared as well as several other characters that we wouldn't expect the mass public to recognize.

Just take a look at the wikipedia page and see how many characters have appeared and how many are supposed to appear in the near future. DC is going to do everything they can to make the public and the children aware of all of these characters and push some merchandise while they are at it.

Just by looking at the list I am going to make some predictions on figures we will see in future waves:

OMAC ( original and a modern variant ) , Kamandi, G'Nort, Katana, Lashina, Jonah Hex, Felix Faust, Hawk, Dove, Huntress, Elongated Man, Plastic Man, Owlman

I think that it is pretty safe to say that if they appear on that cartoon, they have a good shot at being made.

So, do I think these characters will move off the shelves at 15 bucks a pop? YEP!

I got the wave today from UPS with the Animal man 2 pack form Matty. The figures are all solid as usual but this wave is full of nobodies and is going to ROT on the shelves. At $15 a pop in the States and $26 each at TRU here in Canada that spells DOOM. Thankfuly wave 12 is a lot better but I'm willing to bet the farm that DCUC only has 5 more waves left in it and by the end of 2010 it will be a MATTY.com exclusive or outright cancelled.

This isn't a wave of nobodies if your a DC fan. Granted Wave 12 is a blockbuster wave, wave 11 is just rounding out the DC universe. Some of these characters are quite iconic, John Stewart, The Question, and Cyborg Superman who ran through the DC Universe a few years back are all very important characters and you see the overwhelming love for Kilowog. All the others are very important to the DC Universe.

agreed. it seems as some people confuse their lack of DC character knowledge with mattel filling the waves with "nobodies". im just glad that theres an articulated line that seems to strech all across the board. DC direct has been doing the so called "nobodies" for a while, and theyre still going! as for only 5 waves left...the GLs take up more room than that! mattel hasnt even began to tap into the villian possibilities...this line will be going for a while.

Your right, if they aren't a DC fan then they shouldn't make such wild comments because in general they don't know what they are talking about.

I still haven't seen a single one of Wave 10 figures at retail level...

I'm with you. The ONE Walmart in my area that carried DCUC has not put out a new figure since they finally got rid of their last Cyborg and three Captain Colds. I have Robotman and Man-Bat only because I got them fairly reasonably off eBay.

I have read DC and Marvel comics since the early 80's. I admit that I am not up to par with all the DC universe Characters. There are quite a few that have been released that I don't know much about. I was at the comic book store last week and someone was bitching about the Steppenwolf figure; how stupid and how ugly he was. The person was talking about the Superpowers version. I admit it is not my favorite version, but still it was an important era in comic book and action figure history. I am so happy I got a Wildcat figure. I never thought in a million years I would have a Wildcat figure. The whole line of DCUC are awesome. I just wish the distribution would improve.

Chopz

I just got my wave 11 orders in the mail from Matty!

I too got the phasing variant Deadman figure. Weird, huh? I'm just glad that everything else with the order is right so far.

• Like 1

As far as future sets, I was looking at BBTS and saw that they raised the price on Waves 12 and 13. But my preorder page still says 139.99 for the Wave 12 case and 114.99 for the Wave 13 set of 8. Are they going to honor those prices? I highly doubt it, just curious if anybody knows from past purchases.

Keep in mind that retailers (and etailers) get stock at a lower price.

What I mean is that in October I preordered a case of Wave 12 and a set of 8 Wave 13(both Cheetahs) from BBTS for 139.99 and 114.99 respectively. Now those are listed on BBTS for 149.99 and 129.99 respectively. But on my account's "Preorders" page, it still has the prices I originally ordered them for. So I was just wondering if they're going to honor those prices or charge me the new prices. I looked at their FAQ and didn't see anything about it.

Finally my set arrived from matty. Kilowog is fantastic! I too got the phasing variant of Deadman so sweet. Overall the set I got have great quality.

Finally my set arrived from matty. Kilowog is fantastic! I too got the phasing variant of Deadman so sweet. Overall the set I got have great quality.

FINALLY got mine on my doorstep last night. Got the regular Deadman (yeah! I already had the variant from Mikes Comics N Things...no relation), didn't chase around AT ALL having to look for these (I used to be a "thrill of the 'hunt'" kind of guy, until wave 10 never really showed around here...until the scalpers decided they couldn't make a ton of dough on them).

I'm all in on the Blackest Night in the comics and GL is dangerously close to replacing Iron Man as my favorite character.

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

As far as future sets, I was looking at BBTS and saw that they raised the price on Waves 12 and 13. But my preorder page still says 139.99 for the Wave 12 case and 114.99 for the Wave 13 set of 8. Are they going to honor those prices? I highly doubt it, just curious if anybody knows from past purchases.

What I mean is that in October I preordered a case of Wave 12 and a set of 8 Wave 13(both Cheetahs) from BBTS for 139.99 and 114.99 respectively. Now those are listed on BBTS for 149.99 and 129.99 respectively. But on my account's "Preorders" page, it still has the prices I originally ordered them for. So I was just wondering if they're going to honor those prices or charge me the new prices. I looked at their FAQ and didn't see anything about it.

They should.

FINALLY got mine on my doorstep last night. Got the regular Deadman (yeah! I already had the variant from Mikes Comics N Things...no relation), didn't chase around AT ALL having to look for these (I used to be a "thrill of the 'hunt'" kind of guy, until wave 10 never really showed around here...until the scalpers decided they couldn't make a ton of dough on them).

I'm all in on the Blackest Night in the comics and GL is dangerously close to replacing Iron Man as my favorite character.

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

Save yourself the stress man. Granted I was never a thrill of the hunt guy though it is an amazing high when you find something but the ease of waiting and delivery is the best. I am telling you, I have never had a problem ordering online, I have seen more beat up figs on the shelf.

Glad to see a Marvel fan who is opened to DC, you will find DC has a rich history.

• Like 1

Just opened my case, and i have the reg deadman which is the one i want. Heads up to Mattel for selling these on Matty save a lot of gas and aggravation.

lol

I cancelled my BBTS order since the case pack blows on this line. Sorry don't want Zero Bar Superman and other peg warmers from past lines.

Went over to Mattycollector to order their box set. . .

Sold out. @smilepunch@ @loll@

Just my luck.

lol

I cancelled my BBTS order since the case pack blows on this line. Sorry don't want Zero Bar Superman and other peg warmers from past lines.

Just my luck.

I wonder if they are actually out of stock for the moment or if they are just taking it offline for the time being to give retailers a better chance. I myself just ordered a set that had been in my cart since they came out (after I read your post). It let me complete the order I will see in a few days if it ships or is jut back-ordered... Interesting indeed!

I wonder if they are actually out of stock for the moment or if they are just taking it offline for the time being to give retailers a better chance. I myself just ordered a set that had been in my cart since they came out (after I read your post). It let me complete the order I will see in a few days if it ships or is jut back-ordered... Interesting indeed!

Hopefully those boneheads are better about restocking their store than they are other retailers. Otherwise I'm gonna be pissed because I don't want to be doing the DCUC Hustle again. @grumpy@

They should.

Unfortunately they probably won’t. I’ve had items go up in their store that were on preorder, in the end they charged me the new amount. Amazon is about the only place that will honor a previous price.

I feel sorry for my pets. I finally put together my Kilowog and I'm quite certain that if my house caught fire and I could only save ONE thing, I would have to save Kilowog over them.

hehe, that's funny! good thing i've got three little shih tzus, i could fit them all in one backpack. you got big pets? i've got doubles of my figures in case of a fire.

lol

Just my luck.

*UPDATE*

Just got my shipping confirmation on the order for wave 11 I placed AFTER they were listed as unavailable online. This means that Digital River has plenty (or at least some) and are holding them till MattyCollector.com decides to put them back up.

I really am starting to think that they just don't want people ordering them on the 15th with the rest of their order.. Either way this should mean those of you who haven't ordered a set (and are planning on it) should be able to soon.

@loll@