DCU wave 11 orders

gruntcast

Mattel is a very funny company. CSC hasn't received Wave 11 while BBTS has in Wave 12 Mary Marvel regular and variant, Desaad and Copperhead in, what the heck is going on?

I was wondering the same thing.

On a separate note. Corner Store Comics is offering the variant deadman to those that ordered the whole set. It will only cost you 10 dollars to get that figure added on to your order. It is only for those that ordered the full set though.

I just ordered it today.

I managed to find the variant.

Mattel is a very funny company. CSC hasn't received Wave 11 while BBTS has in Wave 12 Mary Marvel regular and variant, Desaad and Copperhead in, what the heck is going on?

I was wondering the same thing.

On a separate note. Corner Store Comics is offering the variant deadman to those that ordered the whole set. It will only cost you 10 dollars to get that figure added on to your order. It is only for those that ordered the full set though.

I received my wave 11 from Mattycollector today.. Very pleased!

I just ordered it today.

I managed to find the variant.

I got the wave today from UPS with the Animal man 2 pack form Matty. The figures are all solid as usual but this wave is full of nobodies and is going to ROT on the shelves. At $15 a pop in the States and $26 each at TRU here in Canada that spells DOOM. Thankfuly wave 12 is a lot better but I'm willing to bet the farm that DCUC only has 5 more waves left in it and by the end of 2010 it will be a MATTY.com exclusive or outright cancelled.

I got the wave today from UPS with the Animal man 2 pack form Matty. The figures are all solid as usual but this wave is full of nobodies and is going to ROT on the shelves. At $15 a pop in the States and $26 each at TRU here in Canada that spells DOOM. Thankfuly wave 12 is a lot better but I'm willing to bet the farm that DCUC only has 5 more waves left in it and by the end of 2010 it will be a MATTY.com exclusive or outright cancelled.

This isn't a wave of nobodies if your a DC fan. Granted Wave 12 is a blockbuster wave, wave 11 is just rounding out the DC universe. Some of these characters are quite iconic, John Stewart, The Question, and Cyborg Superman who ran through the DC Universe a few years back are all very important characters and you see the overwhelming love for Kilowog. All the others are very important to the DC Universe.

Wow, strange how I recognize almost nobody from 12 (only Copperhead, Mary, and Darkseid).

Now I'm torn. I found five figs at retail so far. I need:

both Steppy's

Cyborg Supes

Deadman Variant

But that certainly doesn't warrant an entire case purchase from Matty, especially since Deadman variant probably won't be in it. Then, if I pass, retail around here may not receive many more cases. Agh...

Wow, strange how I recognize almost nobody from 12 (only Copperhead, Mary, and Darkseid).

both Steppy's

Cyborg Supes

Deadman Variant

But that certainly doesn't warrant an entire case purchase from Matty, especially since Deadman variant probably won't be in it. Then, if I pass, retail around here may not receive many more cases. Agh...

You guys are clearly not DC fans

I found the entire wave with variant figs at walmarts here in Austin Tx.

I found the entire wave with variant figs at walmarts here in Austin Tx.

both Steppy's

Cyborg Supes

Deadman Variant

I'm in the learning process, heh...

This isn't a wave of nobodies if your a DC fan. Granted Wave 12 is a blockbuster wave, wave 11 is just rounding out the DC universe. Some of these characters are quite iconic, John Stewart, The Question, and Cyborg Superman who ran through the DC Universe a few years back are all very important characters and you see the overwhelming love for Kilowog. All the others are very important to the DC Universe.

I actually don't think JohnnyRebel is too far off with his predictions.

All of these DCUC waves have been real bonanzas for all of us DC fans but when you deal with retail at the Walmart and Target level, you're hoping to net the mass market, the folks who've never heard of the Shark or the Question. I have to credit Mattel with giving us some real off-beat characters. Another company might've clogged each wave with "Battle Damaged Superman" or "Battle Armor Batman" just to get the Big Two out there as often as possible. Just look at how Mattel has handled their JLU line! Yeesh! The problem is I'm not sure how at the mass market level Mattel can keep offering us this level of variety. As JohnnyRebel pointed out, is the World ready for a fifteen dollar Question figure or a fifteen dollar DeSaad or a fifteen dollar Cyclotron???

Id say yes by the fact that these things sell like crazy when they hit now! Wave 8-10 flew off the shelves. I think Wave 11 will be no different. Its the hot thing to collect now, replacing ML in many peoples eyes. So yes, I think they will buy them at $15.

Draven

both Steppy's

Cyborg Supes

Deadman Variant

Agreed.

Id say yes by the fact that these things sell like crazy when they hit now! Wave 8-10 flew off the shelves. I think Wave 11 will be no different. Its the hot thing to collect now, replacing ML in many peoples eyes. So yes, I think they will buy them at $15.

Draven

To be fair, Mattel didn't put out a lot of 8 and 9. As for 10, yeah, at first it was hard to find. Now I could probably put together 3 or 4 (maybe 5) Imperiex's from one of my walmarts (that's after the one I initially got and the second set I picked up).

Still, I don't see this line as being in any kind of trouble. Wave 11 is solid.

Could not believe it, I walked into an all night Walmart after the movies yesterday and found the entire set on the shelves except Deadman. I could not believe my eyes. I snagged them all up and pondered (CSC would charge me to cancel my orders, so is it even worth it anymore) I put them all back except John Stewart and Cyborg Superman, as I didn't mind having more of those characters. I actually went to that Walmart looking for Robotman left over from Wave 10. I found the Robotman and judging from the figures left over from Wave 10, they had at the least 6 or seven cases worth. There were no Jokers, Beast boy's, or Batman's, there were a few Foragers and 2 Robotman's and it seems EVERY POWERGILR DID NOT SELL. Walmart should of worked on a better distribution system, some people were flooded with these too late...I am that example

Draven

As for 10, yeah, at first it was hard to find. Now I could probably put together 3 or 4 (maybe 5) Imperiex's from one of my walmarts (that's after the one I initially got and the second set I picked up).

Your area is way different than mine. I live in Denver, not a small market, and I have yet to see a complete wave 10 on shelves. All we received up here was a small smattering of 10 with a whole lot of best of cases. I still have yet to see a Manbat, Robotman or Joker on shelves at all.

I think the problem Mattel has, and really has always had is distribution. They can’t seem to get their product to all regions, people are continuously short changed. Anytime Mattel makes an exclusive they are almost impossible for some people to get.

Could not believe it, I walked into an all night Walmart after the movies yesterday and found the entire set on the shelves except Deadman. I could not believe my eyes. I snagged them all up and pondered (CSC would charge me to cancel my orders, so is it even worth it anymore) I put them all back except John Stewart and Cyborg Superman, as I didn't mind having more of those characters. I actually went to that Walmart looking for Robotman left over from Wave 10. I found the Robotman and judging from the figures left over from Wave 10, they had at the least 6 or seven cases worth. There were no Jokers, Beast boy's, or Batman's, there were a few Foragers and 2 Robotman's and it seems EVERY POWERGILR DID NOT SELL. Walmart should of worked on a better distribution system, some people were flooded with these too late...I am that example

If it was the Turnersville one, then it was probably me who snagged the Deadman. I was insuring myself in case I got the variant Deadman (which I already have 2 of) from Matty.

agreed. it seems as some people confuse their lack of DC character knowledge with mattel filling the waves with "nobodies". im just glad that theres an articulated line that seems to strech all across the board. DC direct has been doing the so called "nobodies" for a while, and theyre still going! as for only 5 waves left...the GLs take up more room than that! mattel hasnt even began to tap into the villian possibilities...this line will be going for a while.

If it was the Turnersville one, then it was probably me who snagged the Deadman. I was insuring myself in case I got the variant Deadman (which I already have 2 of) from Matty.

LOL, yeah that was the one. Lucky you found the Deadman