DCU wave 11 orders

gruntcast

Just ordered mine from Matty, it went smooth. Suck it scalpers, it feels good not having to drive to a million stores in a month.

Awesome.

Still nothing from BBTS. Which on one hand makes me a sad puppy, and on the other hand gives me time to reduce the swelling on my credit card. :P

I too look forward to not wasting so much damned time collecting these, and I hope the bean counters at Mattel are paying attention.

• Like 1

Ordered mine as well. With all the holiday shoppers I really don't have the time and patience to hunt them down at retail stores.

Mine is ordered! Pretty painless today. I canceled my BBTS preorder for these. $8 shipping wasn't bad at all for 8 figures. Crazy how you can ship 8 as cheap as shipping 1.

I ordered mine from matty, had to cancel my BBTS order. I hate to do that as BBTS has been good to me, but I wanted the two pack and Ghostbuster I couldnt order on the 15th (dopey system wouldnt let me add them to my cart) and the mego style Green Arrow came out today, so I figured I might as well get everything in one fell swoop. Man my budget is shot after today. Thank god nothing new for me until the 15th of next month.

I had the page open in another tab and kept hitting refresh..

10:55 (I am in central time zone) it said "add to cart"..

I was done before 11:00 and received my confirmation email at 11:06..

KACHOW!!!

The $8 shipping was a treat too.. I was expecting something like $15 or $20..

I added up how much it took for me to complete wave 8 including gas.

$12.99 X 7 = $80 + tax = $91.35

It took me 4 weeks jumping around Targets to find them. Approx gas cost = $75

Total including gas = $166.35

And I am not including the extra GG and Vigilante I picked up for trade and the extra 2 green Parademons.

I am 100% satisfied.

Just ordered mine from Matty, it went smooth. Suck it scalpers, it feels good not having to drive to a million stores in a month.

Awesome.

Still nothing from BBTS. Which on one hand makes me a sad puppy, and on the other hand gives me time to reduce the swelling on my credit card. :P

I too look forward to not wasting so much damned time collecting these, and I hope the bean counters at Mattel are paying attention.

Some of the status messages on BBTS changed. I noticed that the Cyborg Superman no longer says Sold Out.

Something is going on over at BBTS.

I AM SO JEALOUS OF EVERYONE WHO COULD ORDER THESE TODAY.......lol

I went on just to check how much it would cost for 3 cases.................10.55, are you freaking kidding me...10.55 for 3 full sets..AHHHHHHHHH. I can't cancel my order from Corner Store Comic because I will incur a cancellation fee so I am stuck with Waves 11/12/13 from them. The crazy thing is that Corner Store Comics is still cheaper per 8 figure set, it makes me wonder if the total price is the same with how much they charge for shipping versus the higher figure price at MC. Either way, these options are very good for collectors and like one guy mentioned "suck it scalpers" because people are now able to order these before they hit in massive quantities.

This is a surprising A- for Mattel. For them to really be A+, they need to match prices with Corner Store Comics (114.99 for 8 figures) and have that ultra low shipping, with getting these figures in firs, then Mattel would be solid A+ on these figures.

• Like 1

That's good that Mattel is doing this but I wonder how it is going to hurt them with e-tailers and retailers like Walmart. Can BBTS or CSC really be happy that Matty is causing people to cancel pre-orders with them and undercutting them especially coming off of the wave 9 shortfall that occurred.

Also with Mattel's spotty track record when it comes to QC I'm hesitant anymore ordering figures sight unseen worrying I'll have some issue with it. I'm always experiencing a mix of excitement of getting MOTUC figures from Matty and dread of QC when UPS delivers my MOTUC stuff each month.

BigBadToyStore Charged me today.

This must mean that I will get them soon, huh?

The total was 137.78 .

There is a difference of 10 bucks.

BBTS has increased prices over the years which is why I switched to Corner Store Comics, even with Mattys cheap shipping, the price is basically the same with CSC. BBTS lost the bulk of my business years ago, still use them for odds and ends though, also there is no restocking fee...whoo hoo.

The total was 137.78 .

BBTS has increased prices over the years which is why I switched to Corner Store Comics, even with Mattys cheap shipping, the price is basically the same with CSC. BBTS lost the bulk of my business years ago, still use them for odds and ends though, also there is no restocking fee...whoo hoo.

I could have saved about 10 dollars having gone somewhere else.

KUDOS to Mattel on offering these online.

BBTS has always been really friendly with me though. I am anxious to see who gets things first. Will the BBTS orders come in first or the MattyCollector orders. This will be an interesting test.

Didn't Mattel say that their figures aren't going to be in the actual package?

The total was 137.78 .

BBTS has always been really friendly with me though. I am anxious to see who gets things first. Will the BBTS orders come in first or the MattyCollector orders. This will be an interesting test.

Not sure about the packaging, I thought they said "individually packaged items".

As for BBTS, they are very, very good but when it came to price I had to switch to CSC, I was saving about 15 to 20 bucks per order, which over time and 5 waves is about hundred bucks. The only drawback with CSC is that you pay a 30% cancellation fee for items which at BBTS, you just go and remove your items. After wave 13 I probably will go to ordering these from Mattel directly, that way I don't have to worry about cancellation fees and higher prices. It would be nice if Matty offered a subscription like they did for the MOTUC.

• Like 2

I think the MattyCollector.com figures come in one box. What I don't know is if you will get two of the C&C parts that come with Steppenwolf, or just one? I ordered my set from them around 5pm central today, no prob. I cancelled by BBTS order because it was a few bucks cheaper, and I was able to ship another item for the same $8.70. I do really like BBTS, though. Luckily, the next couple of waves have C&C figures I don't want, so I can start buying singles again from BBTS. BBTS does seem expensive, but distribution of them in my area is HORRIBLE, and I like being able to cancel an order up to 15 days after you pay for it with them.

The total was 137.78 .

Not sure about the packaging, I thought they said "individually packaged items".

As for BBTS, they are very, very good but when it came to price I had to switch to CSC, I was saving about 15 to 20 bucks per order, which over time and 5 waves is about hundred bucks. The only drawback with CSC is that you pay a 30% cancellation fee for items which at BBTS, you just go and remove your items. After wave 13 I probably will go to ordering these from Mattel directly, that way I don't have to worry about cancellation fees and higher prices. It would be nice if Matty offered a subscription like they did for the MOTUC.

Hmmm ... a DCUC subscription ... that would be awesome!

You are right, after several waves, the price difference will start to add up.

If this first round of ordering goes fine, I might switch over to ordering directly from Mattel as well.

This is sort of a weird time to be a toy collector. LOL

That's good that Mattel is doing this but I wonder how it is going to hurt them with e-tailers and retailers like Walmart. Can BBTS or CSC really be happy that Matty is causing people to cancel pre-orders with them and undercutting them especially coming off of the wave 9 shortfall that occurred.

Also with Mattel's spotty track record when it comes to QC I'm hesitant anymore ordering figures sight unseen worrying I'll have some issue with it. I'm always experiencing a mix of excitement of getting MOTUC figures from Matty and dread of QC when UPS delivers my MOTUC stuff each month.

I don't give a RAT'S A$$ how this hurts Wal-Mart, and with the exception of Mikes' Comics and Stuff, I'm not a big fan of the e-tailers either as I was a victim of credit card theft from ONE of them being careless with my information (I won't name names).

I ordered from Matty and it was a BREEZE!!! I will buy EVERY WAVE like this if they decide to sell them that way. I'd sign up for a figure of the month like Masters of the Universe. KEEP IT COMING MATTY!!!!

• Like 1

I think the MattyCollector.com figures come in one box. What I don't know is if you will get two of the C&C parts that come with Steppenwolf, or just one? I ordered my set from them around 5pm central today, no prob. I cancelled by BBTS order because it was a few bucks cheaper, and I was able to ship another item for the same $8.70. I do really like BBTS, though. Luckily, the next couple of waves have C&C figures I don't want, so I can start buying singles again from BBTS. BBTS does seem expensive, but distribution of them in my area is HORRIBLE, and I like being able to cancel an order up to 15 days after you pay for it with them.

Steppenwolf comes with a stand.

I dunno, I'm tempted to do this, but I don't like that they're charging $15 a figure when the figures are 12.29 at Target and 12.99 at Wal-Mart. Hasbrotoyshop doesn't mark up their prices.

Starting with wave 11 their 15 bucks a pop everywhere, its the price increase. Bunch of bull, but thats mattel for you.

Seriously? Has this been confirmed? I haven't really been keeping up lately.

I already pre-ordered a case of Wave 12 at 139.99 and a set of 8 figures for Wave 13 for 114.99 at BBTS. And I thought that was higher than retail.

BBTS is usually a bit more than retail, so I really hope they don't raise the price on my preorders to $16 a figure or something.