Variants or Running Changes?

Crimson Twins

OK, so I have to admit I haven't been keeping up with the ROC toys that much. But I have been noticing some variations to figures I have picked up lately. I noticed the Doctor figure is now sporting a white coat. I've seen some people list this as a variant, but it looks more like a change to me. Everywhere I look, I see those white coats. In fact, it's getting hard to find the black ones now. Same thing goes for the black tatoo Night Adder. I'm finding those more and more. And it seems that every Storm Shadow figure that used to have a mask is now running around maskless on the shelves. So, does anyone know what the real deal is?

I'm really not sure about the Dr Rex figure as I see only the Black coat at Target, Walmarts and TRU's. But at Krogers and ALdi's all I've seen are the white coats. Just like the PP SE the first couple weeks we saw the black Timber's then followed by nothing but grey Timbers. Then last week Black Timbers started showwing up at Targets again.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Doctor (black coat) on pre-order from BBTS a long time ago. They sent me an email saying that they're not getting anymore of those in and that they'd be white coats from now on, so I guess I'd call it a running change?