RIP Brittany Murphy

HellHound

From Aintitcoolnews :

One of my favorite movie stars, Brittany Murphy, passed away Sunday morning of a heart attack at age 32.

While still a teenager, she served as a memorable component in one of my favorite movies, Amy Heckerling’s “Clueless.”

She then went on to greater fame and success in a variety of big-screen starring roles, notably the sanatorium inmate Elisabeth in the 2001 smash “Don’t Say A Word” and the emerging romantic interest Alex in the 2002 blockbuster "8 Mile."

She was also Shellie in 2005's "Sin City."

She worked constantly, and will be seen among Sylvester Stallone's all-star cast next summer in "The Expendables."

She was an amazing-looking actress who got plenty of work with just her voice, including roles in "Futurama," "Pepper Ann" and "Happy Feet."

I loved that as her stock in Hollywood began to rise at the start of this decade she never abandoned her supporting role as Luanne Platter in the brilliant Mike Judge/Greg Daniels animated collaboration “King of the Hill.” She was wonderful in that too.

Her other credits included "Drop Dead Gorgeous," "Girl, Interrupted," "Sidewalks of New York," "Summer Catch," "Riding in Cars With Boys," "Spun," "Just Married," "Uptown Girls," "The Groomsman," and "Love and Other Disasters."

Find more on the fabulous Ms. Murphy here.

Another crackhead bites the dust. It's like a suicide in my book, death by self destruction, and while I can feel pity for them, it's still a waste, when others in the world who LOVE life, are fighting REAL disease and physical ailments.

Her drug addiction was hardly a secret or mystery, as seen here in an SNL skit on her...

http://www.thewrap.com/article/reported-brittany-murphy-dies-cardiac-arrest-12030

• Like 5

damn, this is sad. yet another famous star passes away. i hope that where ever she is, that she is happy now. life is hard. i always loved to see her. sin city, 8mile or that movie with ashton, she was in. i saw a lot of her movies. realy sad. rest in peace.

Man, looking at a recent picture I can't say I'm surprised. Saying she was all skin and bones would have been an understatement. She said she wanted to have a baby next year and that might not have been a great idea, the baby would probably have weighed more than she did.

yeah, it's sad. She was a fun character to watch.

It should be interesting to see what all contributed to it. Drugs, eating disorder, both.

• Like 1

Another crackhead bites the dust. It's like a suicide in my book, death by self destruction, and while I can feel pity for them, it's still a waste, when others in the world who LOVE life, are fighting REAL disease and physical ailments.

Her drug addiction was hardly a secret or mystery, as seen here in an SNL skit on her...

http://www.thewrap.c...ac-arrest-12030

wow.

Just, wow.

I always knew you were nothing but a big phony and a hypocrite. Going on and on in GD like some poor bastard on a street corner wearing a "the end is near" sandwich board, saying all this #$## about how vile and vulgar things like reality TV shows are. Then saying something like this. The ultimate in hypocrisy.

I don't care what kind of "respect" you can claim here. If this is the sort of thing that "earns" you that "respect", then I sure as hell wouldn't want anything to do with it.

It makes me sick that "people" like you are around and she isn't, or some obnoxious #$## like Limbaugh plays Russian Roulette with his life and there won't be a bullet in the chamber, while someone who actually had something worth offering to the world through their dedication and hard work is gone far too soon than they should be.

I'll bet if instead it was some fool from your precious percieved Republican nonsense you're always giving a handjob to by way of posting on the message board, you'd be on the floor in a fetal position.

If you coudn't say anything nice, why couldn't you just keep your @##@@ mouth shut.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot.

#$## you.

• Like 8

http://www.thewrap.com/article/reported-brittany-murphy-dies-cardiac-arrest-12030

Her mom said she was a diabetic and diabetics can go into cardiac arrest. Look it up.

• Like 6

wow.

Just, wow.

I always knew you were nothing but a big phony and a hypocrite. Going on and on in GD like some poor bastard on a street corner wearing a "the end is near" sandwich board, saying all this #$## about how vile and vulgar things like reality TV shows are. Then saying something like this. The ultimate in hypocrisy.

I don't care what kind of "respect" you can claim here. If this is the sort of thing that "earns" you that "respect", then I sure as hell wouldn't want anything to do with it.

It makes me sick that "people" like you are around and she isn't, or some obnoxious #$## like Limbaugh plays Russian Roulette with his life and there won't be a bullet in the chamber, while someone who actually had something worth offering to the world through their dedication and hard work is gone far too soon than they should be.

I'll bet if instead it was some fool from your precious percieved Republican nonsense you're always giving a handjob to by way of posting on the message board, you'd be on the floor in a fetal position.

If you coudn't say anything nice, why couldn't you just keep your @##@@ mouth shut.

#$## you.

Depending on how big of a Rush fan he is, it would be very hypocritical to say something like that since Rush himself was an addict.

wow.

Just, wow.

#$## you.

Depending on how big of a Rush fan he is, it would be very hypocritical to say something like that since Rush himself was an addict.

I don't care how big of a Rush fan he is.

• Like 3

wow.

Just, wow.

#$## you.

@hmmm@ eeeeh...BLOW ME! Go cry to your mother dipsh@#! Your little p!ssy fits are getting old.

• Like 3

Her mom said she was a diabetic and diabetics can go into cardiac arrest. Look it up.

There's lots of theories going around right now, but the fact of the matter, is that she's had problems with drugs, or at least RUMORED to have such problems. Like I said, another crackhead bites the dust. They're claiming she might of had the flu too, but how reasonable is it to assume that flu symptoms caused her to have a heart attack?

Anybody remember the death of Billy Mays this past year? Listed as a Heart attack, then determined to be from his drug use. That's where the "another crackhead bites the dust" comment comes from. I'm going out on a limb here, and claiming it will be the same result with Murphy here. Big F@#kin' deal. I hardly made the declaration of "good riddance" about it, I only cited what I have determined to be the case.

Diabetes, stress, prescription drugs, illegal drugs, alcohol abuse, anorexia, sh!tty diet, one theory was that the actress who took her role in some new movie being filmed, might have knocked her off. @hmmm@

Now, what the hell my opinion on Murphy's cause of death, has to do with Rush Limbaugh, is certainly beyond me, but there's a pretty big difference between getting addicted to prescription drugs for back pain (MANY hollywood actors have had this happen from injuries while on the set or stuntmen) and somebody that overdoses on illegal drugs, like a John Belushi.

I consider death by overdose of illegal substances to be suicide....so what the f@#ks the problem? I'd expect harry to be a little b!tch, as he's another troll around here, that wants to p!ss on my every comment, but what's your deal now?

• Like 4

wow.

Just, wow.

#$## you.

Harry whats the matter? He was only stating his opinion

I haven't posted here because I have no idea who this girl is

wow.

Just, wow.

#$## you.

@hmmm@ eeeeh...BLOW ME! Go cry to your mother dipsh@#! Your little p!ssy fits are getting old.

Can't we all just get along :P

Can't we all just get along :P

I try, but it just seems like I have too many stalkers around here, following me like a jilted ex girlfriend? :D

Still in love with me, but hurting oh so bad and wanting me to hurt also, so they speak unkindly of me and to me.

I usually try to follow the old STICKS AND STONES... theory, but physical threats and yearnings of my death, can be a little too much for anyone to put up with and ignore. ;)

I'll even add, that if my "crackhead" assertion proves totally untrue and her diabetes or flu-like symptoms were the only cause of a premature death at 32 years old..

I'll return here to offer my utmost and sincere apology to her fans, for having bought the rumors and hype and judged her falsely.

In the meantime....

The very issues I've brought up about Murphy are ALL being addressed by the media..

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/thehumancondition/archive/2009/12/21/brittany-murphy-type-2-diabetes-and-cardiac-arrest-speculation-and-science.aspx

• Like 4

I try, but

Man I don't know what the fnck you're talking about with all of that sh!t.

I have known people who have dealt with some of the health problems that she allegedly had. That makes it mean a little more.

I have not seen every film that she has ever worked in, but I admired and enjoyed her work in things like King Of The Hill, Clueless, Girl, Interrupted, 8 Mile, Sin City and Happy Feet. That's an awfully impressive, varied body of work. She was one of the very few actors among her contemporaries that I can honestly say that about. She seemed like a genuine, sweet person.

• Like 5

I try, but

Man I don't know what the fnck you're talking about with all of that sh!t.

I have known people who have dealt with some of the health problems that she allegedly had. That makes it mean a little more.

I have not seen every film that she has ever worked in, but I admired and enjoyed her work in things like King Of The Hill, Clueless, Girl, Interrupted, 8 Mile, Sin City and Happy Feet. That's an awfully impressive, varied body of work. She was one of the very few actors among her contemporaries that I can honestly say that about. She seemed like a genuine, sweet person.

I don't know her. Maybe my crackhead comment was uncalled for, right out of the gate, with the news of her death. I'm not such the stubborn egotistical blowhard azzhole, that I can't see where that rant might have been insensitive to make so soon and before all the FACTS came in.

Your opinion of her is much higher than mine though, as I never cared for her movies, or her acting and what bits and pieces I've seen of her in interviews, only solidified my belief that she was probably another Hollywood crackhead in turmoil. Like I said, I have no personal relation with her, the same as you don't either, you just happen to think more of her as both an actress and a person (that you don't really know).

You don't understand what I'M saying, yet you're the one who threw a hissy fit about my opinions on the issue of her possible reasons for death? Seems like you took it personal, so what's to be said of that?

Lecture me on my insensitivity and then wish me dead instead of her and then call me out as a hypocrite, because I like Rush and he was addicted to prescription pain killers and blah blah blah and oh yeah.."F@#K ME"??? #WTF#

Over react much?

• Like 2

She was in Clueless?

Happy Feet and King of the Hill were toons so we only heard her voice and I never seen her

Plus I never seen those other movies

She was arguably the most interesting character in Clueless. Her voice work as Luanne in King Of The Hill brought a quality to the character that it is hard to imagine anyone else emulating. As the character Gloria in Happy Feet, she displayed an impressive singing voice. If one had not known that it was her, they might be surprised that such a strong, commanding voice came from such a little, sweet looking girl. I had come to like her rendition of Queen's Somebody To Love from Happy Feet better than the original.

• Like 3

Doesn't help the case against her of possibly dying from complications from drug abuse, when the husband is trying to prevent them from performing an autopsy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkymNxfWYGE

• Like 2

I don't know her. Maybe my crackhead comment was uncalled for, right out of the gate, with the news of her death. I'm not such the stubborn egotistical blowhard azzhole, that I can't see where that rant might have been insensitive to make so soon and before all the FACTS came in.

Your opinion of her is much higher than mine though, as I never cared for her movies, or her acting and what bits and pieces I've seen of her in interviews, only solidified my belief that she was probably another Hollywood crackhead in turmoil. Like I said, I have no personal relation with her, the same as you don't either, you just happen to think more of her as both an actress and a person (that you don't really know).

That's right. I don't know Johnny Cash or Jimi Hendrix either, but I admire their work.

You don't understand what I'M saying, yet you're the one who threw a hissy fit about my opinions on the issue of her possible reasons for death? Seems like you took it personal, so what's to be said of that?

Lecture me on my insensitivity and then wish me dead instead of her and then call me out as a hypocrite, because I like Rush and he was addicted to prescription pain killers and blah blah blah and oh yeah.."F@#K ME"??? wtf.gif

Over react much?

I do not wish anyone dead. I am tired of reading these vile, hateful things about an admirable, hard working young woman.

• Like 3

That's right. I don't know Johnny Cash or Jimi Hendrix either, but I admire their work.

Well duh! There's lots of deceased people who I admired, loved, and still like their "work". I didn't care for how MJ turned out in the end, but for all of my life, he was a part of the pop culture that I grew up in and I still enjoy listening to much of his music, despite all the controversy and weirdo crap. I can't help that this Murphy actress didn't make as big an impression on ME as what she did YOU. I was not all that impressed with her beyond Clueless.

Lecture me on my insensitivity and then wish me dead instead of her and then call me out as a hypocrite, because I like Rush and he was addicted to prescription pain killers and blah blah blah and oh yeah.."F@#K ME"??? wtf.gif

Over react much?

I do not wish anyone dead. I am tired of reading these vile, hateful things about an admirable, hard working young woman.

You wished I was dead instead of her, or don't you remember your earlier rant? I didn't rejoice in her untimely death, as you would seem to like to suggest, I just always thought she was a ditsy crackhead, based on tabloid gossip, interviews and TV appearances I happen to catch her on. Not my imagination, but something that's been much talked about. Don't take it out on me if you're sick of the chatter about her. If it's wrong, then I'll make my peace with what I stated. I doubt I'll get so much out of you if it's proven correct though.

• Like 1

Knock it off all of you. First VH quit being an ass to try and get a rise out of people. Its getting old. Second you people who don't like VH, IGNORE HIM. Im not going to ban someone for an opinion, even if it's expressed in a tactless way. Obviously when VH says stupid crap like "Another crackhead bites the dust." he's not thinking that this girl was someones daughter, and how would he feel if his own kids were in a similar situation, how would he feel if someone called his daughter a crackhead? Regardless resorting to name calling or constantly using the report to mod function isn't going to change that everyone has an ability to state an opinion as long as its not attacking another board member, using profanity or something along those lines.

I get some of you don't like each other, some of you have totally different opinions about... well everything and some of you are just looking for attention, but if you are going to come in to the GD area then you are going to come across heated debates, opinions you don't agree with, maybe even feel are ignorant. If you don't like what someone says ignore them. In fact you should have an ability to totally ignore specific members so you never see there posts, but if you do read what they say and even engage in debate with them then don't go acting like you have somehow been offended by what someone else says. This is a public place and we certainly monitor for certain inappropriate behavior, but its not my job or any of the mods jobs to tell an individual how they should think, that censorship and not something I will do, which doesn't mean ENI or myself agree with what someone says cause we didn't take them out back and beat them.