Mattel, Let's ReIssue wanted DCUC and BAF!

Flounnderr

Hello,

I wanted to post to voice my opinion that Mattel should consider reissuing hard to find figures along with their millionth reissue of Batman and Superman. I know that they need to continually reissue these because of appeal to core characters but, c'mon let's see some reissues of Wave 5,8 and maybe a Gleek somewhere, after all they seem to be reissueing power girl and she was an exclusive.

Also, it's quite obvious that there's alot of headless Giganta's out there and highly sought baf characters like Grundy or Grodd, I think Mattel should consider repackaging baf parts with either their reissue figures or releasing the baf's as single figures.

I think the lack of distribution and rarety of some of these figures and associated baf parts is a terrible drain, and is certainly not making me want to spend more on this line. As it is now, i've made a list of scenes that i will only collect and i'm going to stick to it, b/c really what's the fun in having a headless Giganta?

Oh, yeah... I'm not really concerned with the collector value of this things falling due to reissue, i hope it does to prevent scalping.

regards

Joshua

• Like 1

At the very least since this may cause issues at retail; make them available through Mattycollector.com.

This way they can keep new stock flowing to retail locations; but collectors can still obtain figures they need without resorting to ePay.

Heck, I'd gladly pay a slight premium if they were to do this.

I have a one armed Metallo.

I know this is a separate issue but I'm tired of staring at Brimstone's crotch.

I think most of us here have one armed Metallo.

Chopz

I just have the head and torso of Metallo. I don't have the arms or legs to him as for Despero I'm just missing his left leg and the made body I have both his arms and his right leg.

Hello Everyone,

So back to the topic... reissuing or improving charchter designs is very common in star wars collecting and even in the Mattel Motu classics line, mattel has already reissued several charachters with plans to reissue the convention exclusive.

I wouldn't want to go online to the website, but since they already have a secondary line of reissues for the Classics line why not incorporate popular sought after figures?

I'd really like them to visit the posibility of including replacement baf pieces with these reissues, doesn't even have to be according to the original baf, EX: Hawkgirl reissue with metallo arm or Eradicator with Giganta Head, Atom reissue with a gleek... you get the idea. Seems easy to do, and give mattel an extra shot of money for little reinvestment outside of packaging and setting up the molds.

regards

Joshua

If Mattel was to reissue these figures; they would have to change the color scheme to make them different from the original. As a collector I take pride in my hard to find items. Mattel would have to find a solution that would not drop the value of the original production waves.

Chopz

They already repack figure like Wave 8 Vigilate in Wave 9, WGSH as case filler, plus "best of" cases. How more lazy can you be?

As a side note, I've had completed Grodd and Grundy in my Ecrater store for months, and I have extra C&C parts too.

• Like 1

Well, I wouldn't want them to change a thing on the figures if they reissue them. In terms of Carded collectors, the originals will be distinctive by their packaging and in terms of loose collectors, either too bad or maybe a date stamp change (since they seem to be printed now). I'm not interested in a "bat glow" Caine Batgirl or someother weird coloring just to get the figure back into the market, besides Power Girl, hawkman and Capt. Marvel have all been reissued with no changes. Now let's get some of the harder baf pieces out there, Mettallo and Giganta's.

regards

Joshua

P.S I think we should ask Mattel this in the next round of questions.

Those asking for re-issued figures will recieve. They are re-releasing Wave 5 as a 5 Pack. The figures are going to stay the exact same according to Mattel. This sucks because I like certain waves being hard to find. If we could find EVERY figure VERY easily, collecting would not be near as fun to me, and alot of others would agree. Some may not agree, but even someone above posted that they like some figures being hard to find. That is the way it should be. Hard to find, but not impossible. Anyways, not sure if the CnC (BAF) parts will be included. They probably will not. I hoped they would at least change the figures BARELY to make the actual Wave 5 figures unique, but they even said they will be the exact same.

As mentioned above, Mattel has already said they will be re-releasing wave 5 as a MattyCollector boxed set. Wave 8 and 9 continue to trickle out - I've seen Deadshot and two Dr. Fates at my local Targets in the last couple of weeks, and reports of them showing up at Target have been pretty commonplace over the last month or so.

Well, I wouldn't want them to change a thing on the figures if they reissue them. In terms of Carded collectors, the originals will be distinctive by their packaging and in terms of loose collectors, either too bad or maybe a date stamp change (since they seem to be printed now).

I imagine there's a fair few people out there saying 'too bad' to you for not finding the figures in the first place as well. Not a very good attitude to have.

This line does make you hustle if you want them all, but it can be done - networking through collector sites, finding a reliable online retailer, etc will all help. For older figures, you just have to hunt EBay and strike at the right time. :)

I understand some people taking pride in their hard to find figures, but it is kinda selfish to not want them to be re-released exactly the same, especially since mattel's hard to find have actually been entire "waves" (in plural, as in many), not just a random figure here and there. I wouldn't mind if they do it with variants as marvel legends used to do it, save for a few exceptions which I hated (original figures like Destroyer), but not only do they make full waves hard to find, but when a wave is available, they pull a hard to find non variant figure in said wave that also happens to come with a CnC piece (Gentleman´s ghost) leaving many CnC figures incomplete, so for once, I'm glad with mattel's decision.

They already repack figure like Wave 8 Vigilate in Wave 9, WGSH as case filler, plus "best of" cases. How more lazy can you be?

As a side note, I've had completed Grodd and Grundy in my Ecrater store for months, and I have extra C&C parts too.

Hey pal, do you have the GRODD's piece that comes with FIRESTORM.it's the right leg.

Please its the part that i'm missing, can we trade or sell it to me PLEEEEZZZZZ????

Can anyone tell me when this reissue of the Series 5 as a five pack will hit the streets? Also, can I get a confirmation that this re-issue WON'T be a Wal-mart exclusive?

Just curious....

As indicated, Mattel has said this will be a MattyCollector.com boxed set. I don't recall them giving a time frame for it.

I have a set of the wave 5 but I'm glad they are re-issuing them since the QC on them is awful. It seems in the last few waves the paint apps and parts seem to be much better.

They also need to re-issue wave 3. All of mine have a grey dust that won't go away and I don't know if that is safe or not especially around kids. Plus SC Sinestro needs to be done especially with the Color of Fear two pack to better match their color.

I'd like a re-issued Black Canary to look more like the prototype as far as the haircolor and make-up. They pulled it off very well with Powergirl so why not BC?

I have a set of the wave 5 but I'm glad they are re-issuing them since the QC on them is awful. It seems in the last few waves the paint apps and parts seem to be much better.

They also need to re-issue wave 3. All of mine have a grey dust that won't go away and I don't know if that is safe or not especially around kids. Plus SC Sinestro needs to be done especially with the Color of Fear two pack to better match their color.

I'd like a re-issued Black Canary to look more like the prototype as far as the haircolor and make-up. They pulled it off very well with Powergirl so why not BC?

I have wave 5 and Im also glad they are rereleasing them. My BL has stress marks on the inner forearms and my Amazo has stuck joints. So with the QC better these days I have a shot at some better figures...plus they most likely wont include Metallo so that should keep the people that like rare figures a little happy.