FP "Springer"...

Nguyen_Dragon

You know "add on" kits are one thing,but a whole figure?? This has "lawsuit" written all over it....I know hasbro has been nice so far with the kits,but this goes in a whole new arena....

There is probably loopholes... I dont think its about Hasbro being nice but more like they dont have enough of a case... Keep in mind this is not Springer... He is Warbot Defender... LOL

Thing is with this figure is that the engineering is totally original, so nothing can be said there. I'm not up to date on all of the comic forms for Springer, so I don't know if this is based off a specific design or if the design itself is totally unique but simply Springer-like in appearance and inspiration. If that's the case, then there's not a thing Hasbro could do so long as they're not marketing it as Springer or being related to anything TF's.

We've seen lots of WST figs made from various sources that haven't seemed to have any problems.

I really hope I can get one of these. I've once again had to drop off on some of the import stuff that I wanted. It's just too much to keep up with the current times. I'm happy enough I managed to keep things together long enough to get a City Commander but it's all been downhill ever since.

I would have preferred they took out the diecast and lower the price... Its meant to go with the Universe line... Why they doing diecast?...

The people making it are probably of the mind that the real good figures must be die cast, or at least they're pandering to those that do.

I'll always take good solid plastic over metal any day of the week.

• 3 months later...

why do all these "lowbrow" companies seem to produce better quality figures then a multi million doller company such as hasbro?

Because this one figure will cost you $80. I'm sure hasbro could do the same, but it would run them out of business pretty quick. This is a specialty figure not meant for the mass market, which is what hasbro is after.

why do all these "lowbrow" companies seem to produce better quality figures then a multi million doller company such as hasbro?

Because this one figure will cost you $80. I'm sure hasbro could do the same, but it would run them out of business pretty quick. This is a specialty figure not meant for the mass market, which is what hasbro is after.

OH I KNOW WHAT THIS 1 FIGURE WOULD/WILL COST, BUT THERE NOT MAKING JUST 1 FIGURE.......... sorry for caps, anyway, they use a mold, they use same plastic, and they do mass produce....... there not just making this to order, there making as many as they THINK they will sell for a higher doller.

would you, in a basement, make a mold, buy plastic little balss and tidbits just to make one or 100 figures? no, your gonna make as many as possible...... but because there rep is so high in quality, they raise the price knowing we will pay.

not to mention hasbor pays employees to know this info, however they just dont care enough to follow threw with GREAT ideas

not to mention hasbro knows what we want, they pay employees to know this, however, they just dont care enough?

i say..... edit....... n/m, im not into this figure, just in general is all

( -3 maybe? lol )

OH I KNOW WHAT THIS 1 FIGURE WOULD/WILL COST, BUT THERE NOT MAKING JUST 1 FIGURE.......... sorry for caps, anyway, they use a mold, they use same plastic, and they do mass produce....... there not just making this to order, there making as many as they THINK they will sell for a higher doller.

would you, in a basement, make a mold, buy plastic little balss and tidbits just to make one or 100 figures? no, your gonna make as many as possible...... but because there rep is so high in quality, they raise the price knowing we will pay.

not to mention hasbor pays employees to know this info, however they just dont care enough to follow threw with GREAT ideas

not to mention hasbro knows what we want, they pay employees to know this, however, they just dont care enough?

i say..... edit....... n/m, im not into this figure, just in general is all

( -3 maybe? lol )

Can you imagine seeing something like this at walmart or target? No parent is going to spend that kind of money on such a toy, and hasbro would lose a ton of money.

I don't think it has anything to do w/ hasbro "caring"; it has to to do w/ profit, and I doubt something like this would be very profitable, or at the very least profitable enough for a big company like hasbro to sink money into it.

I think the point mike 33 was trying to make is that Hasbro is capable of making good toys in the likeness of the G1 characters, but they are choosing not to and it seems silly that to get our fix we are relying on these custom-made toys. A Classics Springer doesn't have to be of that quality, just give us a voyager class with accurate G1 paint jobs and alt modes. An example would be some of the classic figures such as Jetfire, Starscream, prowl etc. they are their G1 counterparts. Then, they give us a re-painted blades and call him springer. that is just lazy. They obviously can give us good quality figures to fit in with their price brackets, but for some reason, they refuse to give us what fans really want. Ultra Magnus is another example. I am in love with the city commander armor. He is absolutely beautiful. Yet, the base for it was Hasbro's 1,000th lazy repaint of Prime. Again, with all the resources Hasbro has at its disposal, they could have found a way to get us a G Ultra Magnus, but again they ignore it.

G1 FOREVER BABY!

I understand a lot of fans still want g1 homages, but I'm getting a bit tired of them myself. Why do so many tf's have to be homages? I think hasbro is trying to move on, and I don't blame them. I like g1, but I want something original.

Some homages here and there is cool, but too many make the idea stale pretty quick, and who knows, maybe we'll get a g1 magnus in the universe line.

I understand a lot of fans still want g1 homages, but I'm getting a bit tired of them myself. Why do so many tf's have to be homages? I think hasbro is trying to move on, and I don't blame them. I like g1, but I want something original.

Some homages here and there is cool, but too many make the idea stale pretty quick, and who knows, maybe we'll get a g1 magnus in the universe line.

I think Animated gave the perfect balance...