New Packaging for 2010!

LarryKoopa

I like the new look. Sad part is I only want Dessad and Eclipso but I also want Darkseid but don't want the rest?

When can you expect to see these in stores? As soon as all of the Wave 4 KB Cyborg, Wave 6 Dr. Impossible, Wave 7 Captain Cold, Greatest Heroes Firestorm and Wave 10 Batman and Power Girl figures are gone.FIREdevil.gif

So, probably around the year 2525.

I notice they're now putting an "adult collector" sticker on the packaging the way they do with MOTUC.

• Like 1

I notice they're now putting an "adult collector" sticker on the packaging the way they do with MOTUC.

Oh hell, now someone's going to try using Desaad as a buttplug.

Way to go Mattel. 893Grumpy-thumb.gif

Yeeouch! Well, for goodness sake, if someone simply must do that, better him than say, Firestorm.

It does make me wonder though if that means less attention at retail.

I looked again and apparently these are also coming with collector pins/buttons?

Doesn't one package say button 9 of 75 or something?!? How many of those things do they expect people to buy lol

I am also wondering why all the warning stickers. One looks like it goes on for about a paragraph.

Ok so far from what I can tell both Eclipso and The Spectre have the arms for Darkseid and Mary has one of the legs. So what do the others have Will Dessad have a pease of Darkseid or would he come with a stand. I also knowest only Iron,Eclipso,Dr. MID-NIGHT all have a number of 75 and the others don't I wounder why?

• Like 1

I really like the new packaging. I was worried that it would be too different from the original to blend well for those of us that display MOC but thankfully it retains most of the same feel. I also like that they have the colored art of the various characters as opposed to the black and white background. Glad they dropped the wave #s and figure #s--I didn't like those especially when I lined up different figures into their teams from different waves.

Glad the figures are being posed in more traditional bland poses as opposed to those radical ones in the past. The pins are a neat accessory. When I first heard of these I imagined the same plastic pin for every figure simply saying "75"--nice to get different ones for each figure and more of an artwork pin. The only thing that I don't care for is the big "75 years of Super Power" covering up some of the figure.

Looks like these are suppose to show up next week in some specialty shops according to trs on fwoosh so I would think these will be out in mid January. Can't wait. Most looking forward to Desaad(Super Powers goodness), Darkseid(didn't get the first DCSH one holding out for a CnC version), Spectre GITD, Copperhead and I love Iron's color and the die cast accessories.

• Like 1

I like the packaging. I'm excited about this entire wave. The stupid pin is a waste and zero consolation for the escalated price.

Back to the packaging though, package artwork is often an indication of figures who are in the works. Has anyone identified all of the characters are these cards? From my own quick glance, I see a few characters who have yet to be made such as the Ultra Humanite, Vixen, the Martian Manhunter and a female Green Lantern (just to the left of Catwoman and in front of Cyborg) who might be Jade in a GL uniform... or a pale, probably miscolored Katma Tui. Is there anyone else?

Martian Manhunter is suppose to be the headliner for wave 16 next year.

So how many waves are there going to be next year?

wave 12(Desaad), 13(Cyclotron), 14(Tyr), 15(Samurai), 16(Martian Manhunter) for sure each with a Super Powers headliner and I had read that Mattel might try to add one other wave since they are determined to get out as many figures as they can before their license ends in case for whatever reason it isn't renewed. Plus there are the Lex/Supergirl 2 pack, the walmart Batman/Robin two pack, the walmart Aquaman/Black Manta 2 pack, the re-release 5 pack of wave 5 on Matty.com, the rumored Plastic Man SDCC 2010 exclusive. They also mentioned another 5 pack figure set might come out next year since the Gotham 5 walmart one according to them sold really well.

Martian Manhunter is suppose to be the headliner for wave 16 next year.

So how many waves are there going to be next year?

wave 12(Desaad), 13(Cyclotron), 14(Tyr), 15(Samurai), 16(Martian Manhunter) for sure each with a Super Powers headliner and I had read that Mattel might try to add one other wave since they are determined to get out as many figures as they can before their license ends in case for whatever reason it isn't renewed. Plus there are the Lex/Supergirl 2 pack, the walmart Batman/Robin two pack, the walmart Aquaman/Black Manta 2 pack, the re-release 5 pack of wave 5 on Matty.com, the rumored Plastic Man SDCC 2010 exclusive. They also mentioned another 5 pack figure set might come out next year since the Gotham 5 walmart one according to them sold really well.

Thats 3 BAF we don't know about yet. Swamp Thing HAS to be one of them. Besides Manhunter he's the only DC character remaining that I have to have.

For those thankful that the Wave # and Figure # are gone, do not so thankful yet. The Wave # and Figure # are still on the side of the package, and may be added to the front before release. These packages are only prototypes, and not the final decision on exactly how they will look. That is why some of them say "4 out of 75" or "8 out of 75" under the button, and others do not. I say they probably end up added the Wave # and Figure # to the front before all is said and done. I actually like it being on the side of the package at least.

Also, what is this Wave 5 re-release 5 Pack someone spoke about above? Are they re-releasing the EXACT same figures in a 5 Pack on Matty, or will they be different color schemes like the figures in the Gotham City 5 Pack? If they are the exact same, that sort of sucks for the people that went out of thier way to collect Wave 5.

• Like 1