War For Cybertron...

Nguyen_Dragon

I will I will, anyone have any idea what time tomorrow ?... Midnight tonight would be real nice @loll@ Is there going to be some kind of "special" edition of this game ?..

I will I will, anyone have any idea what time tomorrow ?... Midnight tonight would be real nice @loll@ Is there going to be some kind of "special" edition of this game ?..

I havent heard anything about a special edition... Seems kind of odd since almost all games have something nowadays...

Yeah you would think with all the toy collectors out there as well they would put something out with an exclusive action figure or what have you ! @loll@ Other games come with statues & what not!

Hmmm multiplayer seems like nothing special but then the demo is limited ... its kind of a poor demo but gives you an idea at least of what game play should be like ... IMO they should have pimped out at least one single player level as well... Also a bit weird trying to figure out all the controls with out a manual I had to ask how the heck you are suppose to transform cause I hit every button & had not done it yet... not thinking about the down button on the joystick @loll@

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the demo did not wow me enough to buy it ... I'll wait for $30 sale :D RIght now I'm playing through force unleashed

It comes out next week here too... I just have special powers!

I'm going to talk about the PC version now, with some spoilers, so turn away if you don't want to know.

Anyway, I'm already finished with the single player campaign.. its pretty short. Overall I enjoyed it, and will probably play through a lot of it again with my friend when he gets it next week. Multiplayer's not working right now, they don't have the server up yet, so I can't really comment on that aspect. Did I mention that the single player is short?! It really could have been at LEAST twice as long, probably even more. There's not a lot of named characters vs each other going on. The D-Con campaign lets you fight against Zeta Prime, and Omega Supreme. The Autobot campaign is a little better as you fight Starscream, Soundwave and his tapes (you never see the tapes in the Decepticon campaign though) as well as Trypticon. There is no Optimus Prime vs Megatron.. they just talk to each other a few times. The game is very faithful to the characters, everyone's personality is like you would expect. (WARPATH was great.) Despite Silverbolt's bio mentioning that he is the "always looking out for his friends" personality, Air Raid makes a point of referring to Silverbolt's fear of heights. There's a good variety of weapons, shotguns, smgs, missle-launchers, snipers, etc. One aspect I really liked was turrets. You can enter and use them, naturally, but then you have the option of detaching the turret and carrying it around.. which is pretty cool. Big weapons like that cannot be retained if you transform though. Beating both campaigns nets you Decepticon Slipstream and Arcee for use in Escalation and multiplayer.

As much as I enjoyed the game, its difficult for me to straight out recommend it if you are on the fence. Everyone would probably enjoy it, but the single player is too short for some people to justify the purchase, if they are not really into multiplayer.

EDIT: Forgot to mention something that bugged me.. during the Trypticon fight, and possibly other times, the two 'bots on my squad would consistently stand their ground and shoot.. which would be fine except the you kind of have to strafe and dodge during this encounter.. seing BumbleBee and Ironhide just standing there kind of took me out of the moment. Most of the time squadmates will run around, but it was really jarring for them to just stand there during a boss fight. It was also kind of annoying when the character you are controlling would order another character to perform an action (ie, flip a switch) and the other other character did nothing, leaving it to the player to perform the ordered action.

heh it goes on sale next week here in canada thank you Wal-mart

What price?

EDIT: Forgot to mention something that bugged me.. during the Trypticon fight, and possibly other times, the two 'bots on my squad would consistently stand their ground and shoot.. which would be fine except the you kind of have to strafe and dodge during this encounter.. seing BumbleBee and Ironhide just standing there kind of took me out of the moment. Most of the time squadmates will run around, but it was really jarring for them to just stand there during a boss fight. It was also kind of annoying when the character you are controlling would order another character to perform an action (ie, flip a switch) and the other other character did nothing, leaving it to the player to perform the ordered action.

Hmm hopefully by the time I get it they will fix bugs like that ... I hate when games are buggy or have poorly designed ... I'm playing force unleashed & I'm playing on hardest ... The only real difference is the bad guys take longer to kill ... Also sometimes I suspect get more powerful in there attacks ... Which Is just silly ....

I'm fighting this crab guy & he can kill me in 3 hits if he does this one blast one me ... & there is no logic to when he does the blast that I can see its just "random" I had just started one game trying to beat him & the first thing it did was hit me with it three times ...

@loll@ @hmmm@ I understand it has to be hard but there needs to be some logic to stuff like that so you can actually beat it or at the least get some more health someplace

heh it goes on sale next week here in canada thank you Wal-mart

What price?

Hmm hopefully by the time I get it they will fix bugs like that ... I hate when games are buggy or have poorly designed ... I'm playing force unleashed & I'm playing on hardest ... The only real difference is the bad guys take longer to kill ... Also sometimes I suspect get more powerful in there attacks ... Which Is just silly ....

I'm fighting this crab guy & he can kill me in 3 hits if he does this one blast one me ... & there is no logic to when he does the blast that I can see its just "random" I had just started one game trying to beat him & the first thing it did was hit me with it three times ...

@loll@ @hmmm@ I understand it has to be hard but there needs to be some logic to stuff like that so you can actually beat it or at the least get some more health someplace

40 or 30 I believe

Now that I can play multiplayer, I have to say.. its a blast. The leveling and unlocking different abilities aspect gives it some replay value. 95% of the people playing right now are just doing Team Deathmatch, which is disappointing to me, as I really want to try Countdown to Extinction.

Saw it and bioshock two at $40 ... not bat at all! I'll wait for $20 though .... decided to catch up on some of my older games @loll@

I'll wait for it to come down as I only want to play the campeign.

My wife likes to play through games with me? can 2 players play the man game like in Halo?

I was really looking forward to this game until I played the demo, now I'm going to wait a little while and get it when it is on sale. I to have been playing through The Force unleashed on hard trying to finish out all the achievements.

Here is the first 15 minutes of the game

<center><object classId="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="480" height="418" id="VideoPlayerLg46901"><param name="movie" value="http://g4tv.com/lv3/46901" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://g4tv.com/lv3/46901" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:480px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;color:#FF9B00;"><a href="http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/index" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">Xbox 360 Games</a> - <a href="http://g4tv.com/e32010" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">E3 2010</a> - <a href="http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/63077/transformers-war-for-cybertron/index" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">Transformers: War for Cybertron</a></div></center>

thanks Wheeljack that video was pretty impressive