Let's talk sports

hamsterboy

And there it is. Lebron is back to Cleveland. Jeremy Lin has been traded to the Lakers so the Rockets can sign Bosh. No idea where Dwayne Wade will go.

Bosh went for the money... He used the Rockets for leverage...

I am seriously thinking about giving up on nba basketball for a year or 2. I really do miss the Sonics

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adrian Peterson was the best athlete in the state of Minnesota.

When they sat him for Sunday's game against the Pats, it was the right move.

Then on Monday the Vikings said they would "let the courts handle it" and reinstated him.

Now, early Wednesday morning, the Vikings have back tracked and he is out again.

The handling of this situation by my guys the Vikings is completely ham-handed and 100% money driven. They saw us get man handled on Sunday without our best player, they were scared that the season would be in the toilet without him, and brought him back Monday.

Now, two days later, they're looking at sponsor after sponsor pull out or threaten to pull out, ticket sales dropping, and MN governors and senators are condemning this (strictly for political gain, of course, but still...) threatening the Vikings brand new PUBLICLY FUNDED stadium. Now Peterson is gone again. NOW they choose to do the right thing. The mishandling by this situation by this joke of an organization boarders on comical. The GM here in MN, Rick Spielman, is a known fowl up. He let the head coach take the fall last year for his bunglings and this is just further evidence of his incompetence. Easily the worst GM in the league.

I was a big Peterson fan. Was. This guy was one of the greatest of all time. He deserves to be cut and the Vikes should have skipped this money driven back and forth and just done the right thing in the first place. The whole, "we'll let the courts handle it" is a cowardly cop out. We KNOW what he did. There's nothing to find out or prove. He admitted what he did and is just too dumb to realize you can't do that to a kid! I'm for spanking a kid when they deserve it. But there's a big difference between that and one of the most powerful men in sports whipping a child bloody and stuffing dried leaves in his mouth. Sorry. .

Anyway, I guess in the end the right thing was done. Of course it was done under enormous public and political pressure and the threat of loosing millions....The whole situation is just sad and a complete waste.