Let's talk sports

hamsterboy

tough game for the Spurs. I just caught the end of it cuz I was bored. Lebron James looked like crap in the clutch again, so that was great to see.

But missed free throws in the last minute by Ginobli and Leonard might have cost them the series. Greg Popovich is an idiot for taking Tim Duncan out of the game on those defensive posessions and that's how Ray Allen was able to knock down that 3 to end regulation. And then the Spurs don't get an obvious foul call when Ginobli goes for the game-winning layup.

poor Spurs.. looks like the Heat will get the NBA to give them another one

As a Miami (everything) Fan, i do not think the Heat deserved the championship after the way they played in game 3 and 5 (but i'll still take it) All i read on the web is missed called this miss called that...both sides of the court are getting freebies. Game 7 will be interesting and i have to agree with ESPN i dont think the Spurs have enough in reserve to win a game 7

As a Miami (everything) Fan, i do not think the Heat deserved the championship after the way they played in game 3 and 5 (but i'll still take it) All i read on the web is missed called this miss called that...both sides of the court are getting freebies. Game 7 will be interesting and i have to agree with ESPN i dont think the Spurs have enough in reserve to win a game 7

hell no the Heat don't deserve the championship. They flop on every play. No heart, no respect for the game, they are cheaters.

And they lost that game last night. They lost it but the Spurs missed their free throws in the final minute and the refs didn't give the Spurs obvious calls at the end of the game. Queen Lebron turned the ball over twice in the final minute of regulation and pulled up one of the worst shots you'll ever see with the game on the line.

the Spurs are a better team, but I don't think the NBA wants them to win, so they won't. The Heat will win, and it will be controversial..

Calls went and didnt go both ways Clam...you cannot take away that the Heat are talented...they are young and talented...The Spurs are talented as well, but it wasnt what you said that lost them that game....why did Popovitch take Duncan out? He was afraid of the Heats 3 pt shooters...they have been absent since the Pacers series...the Spurs choked that last min of regulation and in OT and the Heat took advantage of the opportunity...the NBA had the ropes ready and the damn trophy ready to go before that final min so i do not buy for a min they WANT the HEat to win. This is one of best series i have watched in a long time and game 7 can go either way.

pfft.. an OBVIOUS foul on on Ray Allen as Ginobli Drives to the hoop was not called. It would have put Ginobli at the line and they probably would have won the game. But of course the refs didn't call it.

on the other hand, you can't even look at Lebron without getting a foul called on you. He has turned into the biggest cry-baby in the league and I can't stand him. He flops for calls and then cries when he doesn't get his calls.. and look at how badly Cris Bosh has caught the flopping disease. The Heat are a disgrace and it would be a shame if those low-lifes get the title. Lebron even admits that he cheats. He gave an interview where he said he doesn't think it's bad to flop and he just does it to get whatever edge he can to win. Well, flopping is illegal and against the rules, so he is a cheater. To me, he is as bad as all of those baseball players that get busted for using steroids.

The Spurs aren't much better though. Ginobli used to be the league's biggest flop-artist.

so this is actually one of the WORST series of all-time, not the best. You have the two biggest cheating teams in the league going at it. Neither one deserve to win.

but the Spurs are the better team and should have already won it

Ginobli was the best player for the Heat tonight...and Shane Battier shootin 3's like a champ! Wait! the Heat are Champs!! Yes sir!!! Back to Back!

I could go into a shpeel about how "Put-Up" the NBA is, but I will tip my hat to the Heat. -_- I live in San Antonio and have enjoyed many championships in the past. The "Drive for 5" may have seemed greedy, but the fact that David Stern is happy.... well THAT MAKES ME MAD!!! @firedevil@ I hope that pathetic piece of glory grabbing garbage gets hit by a truck, ...soon.

Ginobli was the best player for the Heat tonight...and Shane Battier shootin 3's like a champ! Wait! the Heat are Champs!! Yes sir!!! Back to Back!

I could go into a shpeel about how "Put-Up" the NBA is, but I will tip my hat to the Heat. -_- I live in San Antonio and have enjoyed many championships in the past. The "Drive for 5" may have seemed greedy, but the fact that David Stern is happy.... well THAT MAKES ME MAD!!! @firedevil@ I hope that pathetic piece of glory grabbing garbage gets hit by a truck, ...soon.

I am a Heat fan that lives in Tacoma WA and agree with u on Stern I hope he gets run over by a bus.

I didn't watch a minute of the game tonight, and I am glad I didn't. It was a foregone conclusion.

The Spurs should have won it last game. oh well, that's the NBA today. Neither of these teams deserved to win.. and the Heat especially don't care about EARNING victories. I don't remember watching Magic and MJ trying to do whatever they could to cheat the game.

it won't be real basketball again until they start issuing in-game penalties for flopping. None of these guys care if they occasionally get 5,000 take from their wallet, AFTER the damage is already done to the game.

I am a Heat fan that lives in Tacoma WA and agree with u on Stern I hope he gets run over by a bus.

You know what, that does make me feel better. Thank you and congrats on your team's victory.

I didn't watch a minute of the game tonight, and I am glad I didn't. It was a foregone conclusion.

The Spurs should have won it last game. oh well, that's the NBA today. Neither of these teams deserved to win.. and the Heat especially don't care about EARNING victories. I don't remember watching Magic and MJ trying to do whatever they could to cheat the game.

it won't be real basketball again until they start issuing in-game penalties for flopping. None of these guys care if they occasionally get 5,000 take from their wallet, AFTER the damage is already done to the game.

This goes FAR beyond flopping. The NBA is a business, first and for most. The city of San Antonio is a low income city and the Spurs in general are not that flamboyant or interesting to the the NBA. Stern cannot make money. Why would we lose so bad the the OK City Thunder last year? = Because America wanted to see Kevin Durant in the Finals against L. James.

Would the NBA benefit if the Spurs won tonight? Hell no. Now they can ride the L.James pony until the get too drunk to hold a cup. @$@ @$@ @$@

All politics and NBA illuminati aside, Stern is retiring i dont like him as well so there is a plus. But you mean to tell me that all that made Ginoblili toss the ball away and commit all those turn overs? or made Duncan miss those lay ups? or made Green foul Chamlbers?

I respect the HELL outta Tim Duncan and Tony Parker and know they are 2 of the BEST to play the game. I would have cheered to see Duncan lift the trophy again, but the Heat played great ball last night, and that needs NOT be taken away from them. Refs did call many fouls in the Heats favor since the Spurs were on the FT line ALOT more than Miami...soooo i think the refs calling everything in the heats favor argument is invalid.

That's why Basketball is my least favorite sport. The referees have too much power over a game. With baseball, it's either safe or out, fair or foul, and they rarely get it wrong. In basketball, even the commentators go against a call half the time. It's not worth investing too much enthusiasm in the game.

true true.

you can say that the referees cost the Spurs the championship because they failed to call fouls against the Heat.

it shouldn't be that way. There is no way that the refs should be able to decide a game. An entire season of Basketball can come down to the refs not calling an obvious foul when it counts the most. that stinks.

but then again, the refs robbed the 49ers in the Superbowl too.. so it can happen in football too

Congrats to the Blackhawks! anybody else catch the NHL playoffs?

Now that is how sports should be done.. great games, hard work, no BS from players or refs. The NBA should take note

Now that is how sports should be done.. great games, hard work, no BS from players or refs. The NBA should take note

Great series... Tough game 6 for Bruins fans though... They lost it in less than a few minutes...

Great series... Tough game 6 for Bruins fans though... They lost it in less than a few minutes...

yeah, it was crazy! they were up 2-1 with about 1:20 left in the game. then the Blackhawks scored twice in about 15 seconds. Never seen anything like it.