Let's talk sports

hamsterboy

Ichiro traded to the Yankees...

I'm not that thrilled he is 38 and on the downslide

Its not like the Yankees gave up much for him... A couple of mediocre prospects... Its worth the gamble in my opinion...

Its weird that the Mariners didn't get more.Ichiro is still an icon in Seattle

I can't believe the marlins traded away Hanley Ramirez and barely got anything back. He was like one of the top players a couple years ago and is still pretty young.

They built up a team that looked like a world series contender for sure, but after half a season they are giving up and trading everything away? what about next year? sometimes it takes more than half a season for your new team to gel together. wow.

but what do you expect from a team that has jennifer lopez as part owner?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He's another cheater who thinks he should be in the HOF. Look if they're going to let guys like that in,then they should put Pete Rose in.

Pete Rose SHOULD be in the HOF period...

What he did AFTER is career and I wish Johnny Bench would get over his hatred of Pete

The difference between Rose and all of the '90's steroid guys is the fact that gambling was against the rules when he did it. Yes, steroids are ethically wrong, but at the time there were no rules forbidding their use. Rose will get in the HOF when they let Shoeless Joe in.

• 3 weeks later...

Some news on the 2013 schedule ....the Yanks play the Dodgers at the stadium next year and open at the stadium on April 2d against the Red Sox

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/8/28/3273970/2013-mlb-schedule-yankees-dodgers-red-sox-phillies-interleague-play

Tentively the Yankees will play a home and home series with the Dodgers and will also play the Giants at the stadium in september.The AL East plays the NL west next year in interleague..The AL West takes on the NL Central and the NL East takes on the AL Central

I just learned that the traditional opener in Cinncinati will see the Reds host the Angels..The Phillies home opener is against the KC Royals...wow this is weird

The Astros open in Houston against their new AL West rival the rangers