Let's talk sports

hamsterboy

ugh... I tuned in just in time to see my Cubbies lose in traditional Chicago Cubs form. They were winning 1-0 going into the 8th.. then they give up a run in the 8th AND 9th.... then they almost hit a homer but it turns into a triple. The very next play they hit it right to 3rd base and the runner gets thrown out.

man.. it's good to be a Cubs fan

What is it with baseball teams changing their names? I don't even know where the Angels play any more. The Miami Marlins? What was wrong with Florida Marlins?

My pet peeve is with th team iniforms you got the Braves and A'a wearing black jerseys I mean WTF?

On another note, NFL schedules just came out!! Woot woot! My Steelers first game is against the Broncos. They better win!! :D (I'm sure they will... even with Peyton Manning QB-ing this year)

My Astros are doing better than what most people thought...

Its only April.....

I lied... They stunk it up again... When you are a bottom feeder team every game counts...

How do you like going to the AL and facing the Rangers as a new rivalry? I know they play in interleague but they will now be in the same division with alot more games against each other

I love it, in a couple of years the Astros will be primed for a World Series while the Rangers will be hampered by large contracts on players that aren't worth it anymore.

And they will trade them all away like they did with A-Rod.I will never understand why they signed somebody to that kind money that they couldn't even afford

My Astros are doing better than what most people thought...

Its only April.....

I lied... They stunk it up again... When you are a bottom feeder team every game counts...

How do you like going to the AL and facing the Rangers as a new rivalry? I know they play in interleague but they will now be in the same division with alot more games against each other

There is a lot of people that is angry at the move... Personally I like it... I think a real state rivalry will do wonders for attendance...

Don't let my statement confuse you, I hate the move. The AL is not the way baseball is meant to be played. However, once the Astros start winning the fans will forget all about it.

Well as a lifelong AL fan give me the DH over the boring out of the pitcher any day

Except when a pitcher hits a 2-RBI single to help his own cause. Moments like that will rarely be re-created in the AL. Baseball is offense and defense. Why not have 9 guys for fielding, and then 9 guys for hitting? Because that's not the way baseball should be played.

Except when a pitcher hits a 2-RBI single to help his own cause.

Oh please that's like once in a blue moon where the DH does it more often plus it doesn't do the pitcher any good if the bullpen blows the lead.It the only defense NL fans have but you know most of the time the pitcher is an automatic out

On another note, NFL schedules just came out!! Woot woot! My Steelers first game is against the Broncos. They better win!! :D (I'm sure they will... even with Peyton Manning QB-ing this year)

I am with you on this one. I hope Peyton's tenure in Denver does not go well!

you guys see Ron Artest elbow James Harden in the back of the head? WTF!?!?

He tried to say it was unintentional. But if that is true, then why didn't he even turn around after he nailed Harden? Or go check on the guy as he laid on the ground of apologize to him after he got a concussion?

He should be suspended the rest of the season, including the playoffs. The NHL just suspended a guy for 25 games for a dirty hit that could have been clean (that guy wasn't even penalized during the game).