Let's talk sports

hamsterboy

19th straight losing season for the Pirates. I have to feel sorry for them after they came close to turning things around earlier in the season.

This is pathetic..they need new ownership ..something

Hell the Rays won the AL in 2008 and have been a contender the past few years.Why is it the Pirates can't do this?I know they have no money and aren't in a big market.Hell the Steelers win Super Bowls and thay aren't in a big market.The rays too aren't super rich.What is it do they want this team to fold or move?

19th straight losing season for the Pirates. I have to feel sorry for them after they came close to turning things around earlier in the season.

This is pathetic..they need new ownership ..something

Hell the Rays won the AL in 2008 and have been a contender the past few years.Why is it the Pirates can't do this?I know they have no money and aren't in a big market.Hell the Steelers win Super Bowls and thay aren't in a big market.The rays too aren't super rich.What is it do they want this team to fold or move?

My Astros is heading in this direction... Its a damn shame...

I think the Astros should move to AL... The interest will rise again with a real rivalry and the chance to play large market teams...

Texas A&M and Florida State are thinking about bolting to the SEC.

The SEC has said they aren't adding A&M to their league. This might me a smoke screen until next year while they try to talk to FSU, Clemson, Missouri, as well as A&M to get to sixteen teams.

Yeah,they aren't expanding now. They're leaving the door open for later on down the road.

If Clemson and FSU were to go to the SEC, the ACC would raid the Big East.

I think it would be the other way around. I think the Big East would try to scoop in on the ACC and clean them out of anything good they had left, and the ACC would be no more.

The only problem with that, is the ACC has a bigger TV contract. So in the end the ACC could pick and choose which Big East schools they wanted to add and be more of a basketball focused conference.

The ACC has another road block in the way if schools want to leave. They've got to pay 20 million to do so. While it only costs 5 million to bolt from the Big East,which is what Pittsburgh and Syracuse just did. Rumor has it what's left of the Big East and Big 12 could merge into a super conference.

I think the Astros should move to AL... The interest will rise again with a real rivalry and the chance to play large market teams...

The day that happens is the day I stop being an Astros fan. Pretty sad considering they're the only team I've ever followed since I was a kid (back when Biggio and Bagwell were in their primes).

It sickens me how all the rumors make it sound like they'll be muscled into the AL just because they're last place. There wouldn't be any of this talk if they were at the top of the division like the Brewers are right now.

**** you Selig because you won't even consider moving your beloved franchise the Brewers back to the AL where they belong.

Now rumor has it Texas,Texas A&M,Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. will be going to the PAC-12. Just pick a conference and be done with it.

Texas and Oklahoma are both looking to move now, which means Texas Tech and OK St. Will follow, I read that the remaining Big 12 and Big East schools are talking about merging to try and salvage their conference ties. I bet that the Big 10 now makes a move to get Kansas, Kansas St, Iowa, and Missouri to get to 16 schools. Also, I think that Rutgers and UCONN are going to try to get into the ACC, while West Virginia tries to get into the SEC.

The day that happens is the day I stop being an Astros fan. Pretty sad considering they're the only team I've ever followed since I was a kid (back when Biggio and Bagwell were in their primes).

It sickens me how all the rumors make it sound like they'll be muscled into the AL just because they're last place. There wouldn't be any of this talk if they were at the top of the division like the Brewers are right now.

**** you Selig because you won't even consider moving your beloved franchise the Brewers back to the AL where they belong.

I totally agree the Brewers should move back to the AL

So, now the PAC-12 is not expanding (because Texas doesn't want to share it's TV profits), Missouri is seeking membership in the SEC, UCONN and Rutgers are still trying for the ACC (secretly), the Big East has commitments from their remaining members to stay together (until a better deal comes along), and TCU is screwed due to their commitment to the Big East starting next year.

I'm sorry but there was no miracle like the Rays announcers like to think there is.That idiot Gerardi could of put Mo in ,in the 9th.I'm happy to see Boston out but not to give a damn about winning any game meaningful or not sticks in my craw.If he had put Mo in the game would of been over and the Rays and Sux would be playing in a playoff game today

I predict this and I'm a Yankee fan that there not going far because of Gerardi

Again another spoiled yankee fan hating Girardi. Whats wrong with you Wheeljack? I don't understand the hatred towards this man. You want Joe Torre managing again? Or maybe you wanted good old Don Mattingly to be the manager? OH thats right Yankee fans... you would probably hate and crucify him too if he won you the EAST Division title, home field throughout the playoffs, and best record in the American League. Spoiled... its pathetic...

He had no AROD, a suspect pitching staff, and prima donna Shortstop, and in a tough division against Boston and STILL MANAGED TO WIN! So please stop with the hatred towards him. It's bullcrap.

I'm a mets fan and I had five years of GARAGE rooting for this team. TWo choke jobs of 07 and 08, multiple injuries for star players, bad front office management, a huge field honoring the Brooklyn dodgers, and of course the BERNIE MADOFF scandal. Yeah its been tough being a METS fan.

Few cents about last night: If you didn't like baseball before you certainly have respect on why this game of baseball is GREAT. I like the NFL but its nothing compared to baseball. I was glad to see the last games in the both races have significant meaning.

Yankees loved the Red Sox Nation choking in September. I'm bloody celebrating that the Altanta Braves choked their wild card lead and now they won't talk much anymore about the Mets collapse. Thank you Braves!

Well looks like Yankees are one game away from elimination. Ironic it has to come down to the pitcher most yankee fans despise. Lets see which AJ Burnett we're getting tonight. Don't put your hopes up for this man. HAHAHAHA

• 1 month later...