Let's talk sports

hamsterboy

Strasburg going to need Tommy John surgery...

Those idiots blew out his arm

What was the rush to bring him up to a team going nowhere's? He may never be the same again

They should have shut him down the first time he was injured...

They shouldn't had rushed him up

He possibly won't be able top pitch again till possibly 2013

What was the rush to bring him up to a team going nowhere's? He may never be the same again

Well, this is the problem with coddling the hotshot young pitchers and rushing them up to the majors with pitch counts and whatnot. They never really build up the arm stregnth to have a lasting career in the bigs because the teams try to protect their investment in these young kids that they have thrown tons of money at before they even throw a pitch as a professional player. Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Joba Chamberlain, Strasburg, all of them can't miss prospects that can't last a full season and pitch effectively as a starter for more than a year (or less in some cases). Do you think Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, or Nolan Ryan ever had a pitch count coming up through their respective systems?

Well, this is the problem with coddling the hotshot young pitchers and rushing them up to the majors with pitch counts and whatnot. They never really build up the arm stregnth to have a lasting career in the bigs because the teams try to protect their investment in these young kids that they have thrown tons of money at before they even throw a pitch as a professional player. Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Joba Chamberlain, Strasburg, all of them can't miss prospects that can't last a full season and pitch effectively as a starter for more than a year (or less in some cases). Do you think Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, or Nolan Ryan ever had a pitch count coming up through their respective systems?

I don't think they were rushed up I do remember the Expos sending Rany back down and that Nolan Ryan was great till he was with the Angels.

Funny how this is I told my brother the old time pic pictures just went out and pitched they had no strengh conditioning coaches or anything like that Take a look at Satchel Paige and Cy Young they pitched and after they picthed the did no special excercises.

If you get rid of the nonsense maybe they would last longer

I don't think they were rushed up I do remember the Expos sending Rany back down and that Nolan Ryan was great till he was with the Angels.

Funny how this is I told my brother the old time pic pictures just went out and pitched they had no strengh conditioning coaches or anything like that Take a look at Satchel Paige and Cy Young they pitched and after they picthed the did no special excercises.

I remember an interview from last year when Bob Gibson was asked about Joba and pitch counts and he went off, talking about how things used to be. There were no closers, you had some guys in the bullpen, but as the starting pitcher, it was your job to pitch a complete game everytime you took the mound.

I remember an interview from last year when Bob Gibson was asked about Joba and pitch counts and he went off, talking about how things used to be. There were no closers, you had some guys in the bullpen, but as the starting pitcher, it was your job to pitch a complete game everytime you took the mound.

Yeah I just think its the way they are treated now compared to then.Plus MGRs run out of faifth on some of there pictures too early

But as I said back then there were noe arobics in baseball I bet if they did with out it the pictures careers would be longer

I don't know where I read this, but I read that Nolan Ryan grew up on a farm which gave him the stamina he needed to pitch the way he did and for as long as he did.

I think if you're a pitcher, and you throw in the 95+ range, you can expect to need Tommy John surgery in your future as a starter these days.

I think they are starting to push them early to blow out there arm so that they get the Tommy John surgery early enough to have them have a normal career. I know it probably sounds like a conspiracy theory but most of these guys have the surgery and then come back just as strong with less arm problems.

I don't know where I read this, but I read that Nolan Ryan grew up on a farm which gave him the stamina he needed to pitch the way he did and for as long as he did.

I think if you're a pitcher, and you throw in the 95+ range, you can expect to need Tommy John surgery in your future as a starter these days.

Most of the older generation grew op on farms or played stick ball as a kid, which IMO made all of them better players. MAny of the classic hitters grew up in the inner cities and almost all of them tell old stories of playing stick ball. This has been talked about in many documentaries and if you think about it, what kid plays stick ball anymore. To me if you can hit in stickball, you should be able to kill a baseball, just like guys I know who are really good baseball players tend to be even better softball players. I know they are all very similar but also uniquely different.

Also many ball players back in the day worked on the farms or on docks with their father's which would really help with your stamina. How many rich kids have you heard of playing in the big leagues back in the day?? These are just my theories based off of documentaries, books and conclusions I come up with in my own head.

Clemens pleaded innocent and the trial is set for next April

I am probably the only one who believes him. Roger Clemens has always had a ridiculous workout for staying in shape. Men do tend to look like that if they are naturally stocky to begin with as they age. My Pops looks like Clemens and trust me, he's not doing any HGH. I hope Clemens gets a fair trial.

Clemens pleaded innocent and the trial is set for next April

I am probably the only one who believes him. Roger Clemens has always had a ridiculous workout for staying in shape. Men do tend to look like that if they are naturally stocky to begin with as they age. My Pops looks like Clemens and trust me, he's not doing any HGH. I hope Clemens gets a fair trial.

Steve Carlton used too have tough workouts too.But in this age of steriods I don't know who to believe

Really, who gives a #$## if this guy lied about taking steroids to play a children's game?

I don't give a damn myself but there bringing it up as lying to congress.Likes these cheats don't lie themselves to the American people