Let's talk sports

hamsterboy

Um....Its about time....

But he isn't getting into the Hall because he admited it

My whole problem with the "Steroid Era" talk is the fact that people only want to focus on the hitters. It is quite likely that a good percentage of the pitchers were juicing too. Jason Grimsley comes to mind and his federal afidavit provided a whole lot of names to investigators. Other pitchers such as Andy Pettite and John Rocker have admitted to using as well. So do we throw out all of the stats from 1990-2005 or focus on the amazing performances of players like Greg Maddox during those years.

You see I feel that Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame for what he did in his career but steriods really screw things up because it used to enhance the body

Reporters and Hall of Fame members will never vote him ,Bonds and others in

I agree that Rose needs to be in the HOF. That guy played as hard as anybody. He is a jackass, but so was Ty Cobb. Pete Rose deserves to be there.

What are people's picks for the Super Bowl? I want the Vikings to win it all, but their history of choking has me thinking they will not. I say Saints over Colts.

Vikings, it seems to be something special w mr Favre this year! And would not it be ironic if somehow the faced the Jets.... the last team in the NFL you know he would love to say a big FU to and destroy them. Did it to GB and old Nemesis Dallas, so all that is left is the team who mistreated him last year..... hmmmm weird goings on this season may continue! Though I am picking the Vikes to face the Colts..... but the fact strange things have happend make me wonder about the Jets.... @hmmm@

Draven

The Saints and Vikings game is going to be a tough choice for me, as I like them both, and honestly feel that whoever wins the game will go on to win the Super Bowl as well.

I had hoped for a match-up of two undefeated teams this year, thinking it might be the Saints and the Colts going at it, but when the Colts laid down on a few games, they p!ssed me off and I wholeheartedly disagree with the logic behind it. Therefore I will be rooting for the JETS in that game, but putting aside what i would LIKE to see over what I think will be the case, I've got a feeling my earlier prediction of a Saints/Colts Super Bowl, will be how it ends up.

I must be in the minority, when it comes to the steroids controversy? I don't really know why, but I just don't care about it and can't understand the issue of it?

Cigarettes are legal, but banned in public places. Consuming them is definitely a RISK to our health, but once again, still LEGAL. Like a lot of our junk food is known to be bad for our health, but still up to the consumer to ingest or not to ingest.

I don't put steroids in the same category as hallucinatory drugs like crack, cocaine, heroine, marijuana, LSD, acid and so on.

It's a highly RISKY tampering with our bodies natural hormone creation. Boosting our strength and recuperation of muscle tissue to peak performance levels. If an athlete wants to inject that kind of crap into their own bodies, then that's their right. If a woman is said to have just such a RIGHT to do with her body as she chooses, then the steroid consumption debate falls right in line with that same concept. The individual has to live with the consequences. The things that people do to their bodies is more vast and extreme than just taking steroids is being touted as.

Yep and I doubt BigMac, Canseco, Palmero, Arod, Bonds, etc andy of them every make it to the hall now! Anyone that has tested positive or admited it will have a hard time ever making it I think. I look at what has happened and I see only 2 great HR hitters from the last 20 years, Ken Griffey Jr, always consitant and never got bigger and played hurt most of the last 5-6 years. And then Big Hurt Frank Thomas who also always stayed the same size, was a monster in College even. Hit the same range every year when healthy. That is all I think was clean! Sadly! I am surprised no one has ever linked Brady Anderson to the roids! That one year in the late 90's he had like 57 HR!! And I think never hit more than 20 before ir after @loll@ Yeah roids there my friends!

Draven

If they separated all the steroid users from the non-steroid users and created a different division for the steroid users to all compete against each other in...I'd probably be more interested in watching the pumped up dudes go at it against each other and I bet most others would as well.

Like Watergate doesn't bother Lynrd Skynrd...steroids do not bother me. ^_^

The Saints and Vikings game is going to be a tough choice for me, as I like them both, and honestly feel that whoever wins the game will go on to win the Super Bowl as well.

I had hoped for a match-up of two undefeated teams this year, thinking it might be the Saints and the Colts going at it, but when the Colts laid down on a few games, they p!ssed me off and I wholeheartedly disagree with the logic behind it. Therefore I will be rooting for the JETS in that game, but putting aside what i would LIKE to see over what I think will be the case, I've got a feeling my earlier prediction of a Saints/Colts Super Bowl, will be how it ends up.

What?? No "atta boys" for my awesome insight and correct predictions here?

I just had my eyes read by a iridologists on Saturday, and along with diagnosing a cervical problem in my vertebrae that causes me some discomfort in my neck and shoulders, also my torn left bicep, my over consumption of soda pop and a few other medical issues, he informed me of an "extra sensory perception" trait. Nothing I was aware of, besides the common moments of deja vu here and there, but there ya have it folks! I KNOW things! @loll@

• Like 1

Good job, VH! Although I knew the 'Queens would choke as they always do. The Vikings= NFL version of the Cubs.

Kurt Warner retired today. I used to shop at the Hy-Vee Food Store in Cedar Falls when I had to do work up there. 15 years after the fact, everyone still talks about him like he turned in his name tag yesterday. This guy should be a first-ballot Hall of Famer