First look at new toyline?

Agent Adam

looks like a scout size with mini-con.

I cheer for HUFFER's coming back from TF oblivion, BUT why does hasbro keeps pulling the trigger with such a small scaled vehicle types?

they do not make sense, REALLY.

IF it's indeed an scout sized, then that CAB trailer will be smaller than the average deluxe cars.

It's like when hasbro revealed last year the classics 2.5. INFERNO & CYCLONUS. since WHEN is a FIRETRUCK bigger than a JET fighter?

it's the same thing AGAIN! #WTF#

I even wonder if those new toys will be featured in the current G1 ongoing IDW comic. To say the least.

It's like when hasbro revealed last year the classics 2.5. INFERNO & CYCLONUS. since WHEN is a FIRETRUCK bigger than a JET fighter?

Oh yeah. I mean, scale issues aside - this is Transformers afterall, I'm so used to wonky scale issues - Cyclonus probably should've been bigger than a deluxe, simply because it was such a stellar mold.

Anyway, I agree with Nguyen_Dragon: there's potential here. At the very least, Huffer's Mini-Con seems to integrate much better with his partner than we typically saw in Armada, where the little bots would just be attached haphazardly.

Welcome back, Huffer.

Well the G1 Huffer wasn't a deluxe side he is what I call a minibot or scout now so the side of this Huffer dosen't bug me. I may get him just cause of his name but other then that it's not a bad looking TF.

Scale has never, and most likely will never, be a priority for Hasbro. It's all about filling different price points with different and potentially interesting vehicles regardless of whether the vehicle makes sense at that size.

And WJ it looks more like a target master.

Scale has never, and most likely will never, be a priority for Hasbro. It's all about filling different price points with different and potentially interesting vehicles regardless of whether the vehicle makes sense at that size.

And WJ it looks more like a target master.

Now a Target Master is OK, but the Armada/Energon/Cybertron lines burned me out on minicons.

Looks pretty good to me. I miss minicons somewhat, I thought it was a good idea that wasn't fully realized.

Dev2000: Only one of those lines had very many minicons..did cybertron have minicons?

I guess this could be either a minicon or a targetmaster: it turns into a weapon, but it seems to plug into a larger figure..targetmaster minicon, perhaps?

You know, i think i have a "transformers scale trauma" or something like that.

but you know why, IT's ALL HASBRO'S FAULT!, c'mon in 2006 when the classics where developed, one of the main classics was BUMBLEBEE, and he was cast as a DELUXE vehicle, so that didn't mean he had to be taller than GRIMLOCK or HOTROD, right?, he kept that small feel of other transformers looking over his head , which was REALLY FINE, IMO.

So, why don't they keep doing that sort of things instead of messing around the vehicle scales again everytime a new series come out?

I do not mean that HUFFER (in this case) has to be ULTRA or LEADER size, just because his alt. mode is a cab trailer like PRIME, but instead he could be designed as a small cab like in real life.

this is the ISUZU NQR SUPER DELUXE TWINDECK:

post-7426-12609381520939_thumb.jpgpost-7426-12609381744869_thumb.jpg

and these are some well scaled TRANSFORMERS, WITH HUMAN SCALE SHOWN.

post-7426-1260938216445_thumb.jpgpost-7426-12609382449232_thumb.jpg

question: don't you think that HUFFER would have fit better among previous series, instead of making YET another type of scale or "deformed to fit" vehicle?

SO......I think it's possible, they had done it before, so they they can do it every time they want.

Sorry I'm an arquitect and i like things well scaled.

IMO. #US1#

Well then you're always going to be annoyed by this line then. One of the reasons that scale is not important is because parents won't be able to always afford bigger items, but kids will still want vehicles that would run bigger if they were to scale. So we get tanks and planes in the basic and deluxe assortments. It's been going on since the beginning and will probably always be like that.

I'm not sure I understood the point you were trying to make by bringing up those classics toys. Yeah, BumbleBee is smaller than Grimlock. But Grimlock is smaller than a lot of characters he should tower over. Same thing with MP Grimlock too, actually.

Whats with the minicon hate? They are not much different then power/target masters but if they are labeled as minicons some people just seem to lose their minds.

With the Target/Head/Power Masters, there were only a few. But I have a whole box full of Minicons, some I have 3 or more repaints of.

Whats with the minicon hate? They are not much different then power/target masters but if they are labeled as minicons some people just seem to lose their minds.

With Targetmasters,Headmasters and Actionmasters ther were either part of the bot or the weapons

Minicons were smaller vehicles that just hang onto the transformer to give him more of a lame weapon that they didn't know they had inside of themselves?

I have NEVER been a fan of minicons The few I do have I display nere the giant bots like Unicron,Primus or Metroplex to show a real size comparison

I think part of the Mini-Con hate also has to do with the "gotta catch 'em all" mentality of the TF Armada program. And like WJ said, there didn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to how Mini-Cons integrated with larger TFs. But even with that said, I grew to like Mini-Cons.

Huffer and Caliburst do seem to have more of a Targetmaster sensibility. Maybe it'll be the best of both worlds...

yeah it just feels like Mini-Cons with Bayformer designed figures. Wow, novel idea!

I hope War on Cybertron get its own toyline. Not sure how good the game will given the history of TF video games, but the theme of a Generation1 based universe for a new comic or better yet, TV show, is much better than continuing the movie stuff.

TV show odds don't seem to fit a more mature G1 audience so I suppose they'll dumb it down for kids like the last 4 Transformers series since Armada. I'd expect something like the Classics "webisodes" that Hasbro posted on their site such as the one featuring Megatron and Cyclonus working together. That episode made zero sense whatsoever but it was "universe" so they can make up whatever they want like where does Megatron store that fusion cannon? Subspace?

I think part of the Mini-Con hate also has to do with the "gotta catch 'em all" mentality of the TF Armada program. And like WJ said, there didn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to how Mini-Cons integrated with larger TFs. But even with that said, I grew to like Mini-Cons.

Huffer and Caliburst do seem to have more of a Targetmaster sensibility. Maybe it'll be the best of both worlds...

Call me crazy, but the Armada show doesn't seem all that bad compared to some of the crap airing on TV right now. Marvel Superhero Squad is one example of an awful show.

looks promising! I can't wait to see some more.

With a name like "powercore combiners" I wouldn't have guess the toys would look like this! I was expecting something like those ##$%$#ed kiddy mega power bots or whatever they're called

With Targetmasters,Headmasters and Actionmasters ther were either part of the bot or the weapons

Minicons were smaller vehicles that just hang onto the transformer to give him more of a lame weapon that they didn't know they had inside of themselves?

I have NEVER been a fan of minicons The few I do have I display nere the giant bots like Unicron,Primus or Metroplex to show a real size comparison

I actually meant to say micromasters, but had targetmaster stuck in my head. Anyway, I don't hear any venom spewed toward micromasters, which are what minicons essentially are.

As a side note, we are getting off topic with the minicon talk, which is partly my fault. Let's keep this thread on Huffer, shall we?

Someone mentioned that Huffer was "bayified"... doesn't look like it to me.