DC Universe Classic Wave 13 Figures

synch

I'm gonna buy Modern Blue Beetle and Bandaged Negative Man. I'm not gonna build Trigon, so I can sell their pieces to whoever.

I am not buting Beetle so I'll take it.

I can see this wave as being particularly divisive. Even the widely praised Waves 9 and 11 have their Guardians, who aroused a big "Who?" and "Why?" from many fans and the Shark, who gets a big "Why him?" so no wave ever got a hundred percent approval from everyone but Wave 13 is really all over the place in it's level of appeal. Much of it is due not just to character selection but the choice of which version of the character was selected.

Here are my thoughts...

Donna Troy:This is one of the figures I'm looking forward too in this wave and this is the version I wanted. The Titans have been all over the place in this line. We get a Classic Cyborg, a boyish Kid Flash, and a modern Nightwing and Beast Boy. The George Perez era is my favorite so I'm happy to see a classic Wonder Girl. A modern star-pattern garbed Donna Troy should've been a natural variant and probably would've satisfied more fans.

Blue Devil: Either you like Blue Devil or you don't. Most likely this character's appeal depends on whether or not you enjoyed his early comic book appearances. He's almost a completely unrecognizable character now in the comics. I was there for Blue Devil. I love the character and I'm looking forward to this figure. Visually he's spectacular and I'm certain the Four H did a great job with him.

Blue Beetle: Visually interesting, but I have no interest in this character or his figure.

Superboy: I could've lived without a Superboy figure. I would've been thrilled if this had been the Silver Age Superboy who was the young Superman, but I have no real love for this super clone particularly in this tacky 90's look that was already ridiculously dated when it was new! I might've been able to talk myself into it if it had been the black t-shirt version, but this... no. This one would hurt my eyes every time I saw it up on my self.

Classic Cheetah: Like many fans of the Legion Of Doom, I'm looking forward to this one too.

Modern Cheetah: This is one of the few instances in this line where I can see myself buying both versions of a character.

Cyclotron: An interesting figure visually, but honestly, I could live without this guy. I love the old Super Powers line too but there are many, many characters I'd like to see before Cyclotron... and by this wave, we're probably looking at a solid fifteen bucks per figure so I know I'll be picking and choosing and I won't be choosing this guy.

Negative Man: I love the Doom Patrol. I hope one day to find a Robotman and I'll happily stand this guy alongside him.

Variant Negative Man: I love the Doom Patrol but not enough to drop fifteen bucks on this fairly useless variant. I have to agree with the oster who suggested that this should've been an interchangeable head included with the regular figure instead of an entirely separate figure. I might've entertained the black energy version of N-Man, but not this one.

Trigon: Trigon looks great and I'd LOVE a Trigon C&C. I'm really going to have to wrestle with the decision of whether or not this Trigon is worth buying Superboy and Blue Beetle. Thankfully Mattel took pity on us and isn't strong-arming us into buying Cyclotron as he comes with a base I believe.

I agree, that at this point there should be alterate unmasked heads with the figures.

My thoughts:

Donn Troy is growing on me. I wish they did the black star feild outfit, but I hate the silver "KISS" boots. Can't win..A variant thought would have been her Darkstars uniform....

Blue Devil is stupid in every way. A powerplay by Mattel because you need to get him for the C&C part. I hate it when they do that: Demon, Big Barda, Forager, Superman & Batman repaints, etc...

I got a Blue Beetle already....

Superboy clone is another waste.. Shoulda been the black shirt & jeans...

Classic Cheetah, I'll skip for the recent one. It isn't even modern anymore...

Cyclotron is a pass......

At first Negative man was a pass but being forced to buy Doom Patrol #4 to get the ring I read it and the book sucked, but the characters are OK.

At 3/3, I suppose I'll try to build Trigon on the cheap.

• Like 1

Only one from this wave I want is Classic Cheetah that's it. I never saw or had the Super Powers verison of Cyclotron so I will skip him but then again I have the Super Powers verison of Steppenwolf but I didn't want the DCUC Super Powers verison of him.

Am I the only one digging every character in this wave? It's odd because for years people complained about an expanded DC line, when it comes people just complain and complain. This is the DC expanded universe and if you ask me, this wave isn't all that expanded, these are are core characters really who are usually at the center or around major DC events.

Cyclotron is important to this wave as in relation to the Super Powers line, its like if Marvel Legends made an Constrictor figure. Its neat

Wonder Girl - i know people want the black suited one, but I am happy with this version, if anything she should of had a variant not NM

Negative Man - The Doom patrol rocks, his variant doesn't -- ALTERNATE HEADS MATTEL

Superboy - He remained a fixture in DC comics so yes his origin look is important

Cheetah - Please, she is more essential than Tigra/Blackcat to Marvel

Blue Beetle - It makes sense, he is in the current TT and has been featured on BB cartoon plus major DC events, I like the character development for him.

Blue Devil - essential

• Like 1

At first Negative man was a pass but being forced to buy Doom Patrol #4 to get the ring I read it and the book sucked, but the characters are OK.
The more you read of Larry Trainor, the more you will love him. Also, imagine he has Judge Reinhold's voice like he did on Teen Titanime!

I don't see how you can compare Cyclotron to Constrictor.

Both characters aren't super popular and were odd choices per the events surrounding them. Think of Secret Wars and ALL of the characters involved and try to reason why Constrictor was chosen out of how many that weren't???? Same deal with Cylcotron, you have stnadout characters at the time in both the comics and cartoons including Crisis on infinite Earth's and of all characters Cyclotron was included, look how many they overlooked...same deal

I am mainly a DC dude but have tons of Marvel stuff and I never read or heard about Constrictor until the Secret Wars toys, and haven't seen him since.

The more you read of Larry Trainor, the more you will love him. Also, imagine he has Judge Reinhold's voice like he did on Teen Titanime!

Well, it wasn't just that. I was going to skip Robotman too, until I read a crossover event book where he got trashed and was strapped to a console. Now I want a beat up legless one.

I don't see how you can compare Cyclotron to Constrictor.

Both characters aren't super popular and were odd choices per the events surrounding them. Think of Secret Wars and ALL of the characters involved and try to reason why Constrictor was chosen out of how many that weren't???? Same deal with Cylcotron, you have stnadout characters at the time in both the comics and cartoons including Crisis on infinite Earth's and of all characters Cyclotron was included, look how many they overlooked...same deal

I am mainly a DC dude but have tons of Marvel stuff and I never read or heard about Constrictor until the Secret Wars toys, and haven't seen him since.

I only know of Cyclotron as a Super Powers toy, and we all know the 4H is playing p to the Super Powers collection. I have never heard of him in any other way.

I am relatively new to DC reading, but used to be a big Marvel guy years ago.

I do not even remember Constrictor in Secret Wars at all. Kinda like most of the wave 2 guys who were still running around on Earth as the A-listers were on vacation. If I remember correctly, he is also a frequent Captain America/Avengers villian in the Serpent Society.

A valid point by you, none the less.

This line is mediocre for me at best.

I will only be getting

Donna Troy (maybe)

Blue Devil

Superboy (Clone)

Modern Cheetah

For someone who says its mediocre you're getting half the wave right there :D @loll@

LOL..

I am going to pass on Donna Troy..

Only 3 figures..

Mediocre enough now?

LOL :)

I am a little fuzzy on my New God history. I was thinking that no one in this wave was "New Gods". Mattel said at one point that every wave would have one New God.

Chopz

but I guess my biggest problem is I wish they(Mattel) had done certain characters before others.

One name..

Martian Manhunter

after seeing that god awful Superboy I wouldn't be surprised if Mattel made Manhunter in his "modern" costume as opposed to his better looking "classic" outfit.