New DCD Blackest Night Figures

Opticon

• 3 months later...

anyone got any update of this line?

i just saw this..:)

GL-cover-153-225x300.jpg

ToyFare #153, Wednesday, March 17th, 2010

• From the hottest comic book crossover of the year, we call out the figures we want to see made from Blackest Night…and DC Direct rates our chances. Who's a lock, and who do we need to keep dreaming about?

• 4 weeks later...

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=15751

Arkillo

Mera & dexstar

Scar

lex & scarecrow

Will be mine mine mine mine mine :D

Seeing dexstar in there really amuses the crap out of me :D @loll@ Lantern KITTTY Meow! The black lanterns other than Scar.. Which I'm sad to say I have to buy Terra to get... Do nothing for me ... IMO they should have just done another guardian two pack... Blue lantern ganth

:P

I know eh! How can you not want the kitty :P I don't really mind Mera though I thin her face sculpt is kind of ugly though otherwise...

http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/Dex-Starr

Dex-star.jpg

Ehh interesting according to geoff its an earth cat ! @loll@ I Like em even more @loll@

My main must haves are:

Orange Lantern Luthor

Yellow Lanter Scarecrow

Black Lantern Superman...I have the zombie version from wave 1 but this is cooler

Black Lantern Flash

Red Lantern Mera

Yellow Lantern Arkillo

That is earth 1 superman this is I think suppose to be regular sups :)

My main must haves are:

Orange Lantern Luthor

Yellow Lanter Scarecrow

Black Lantern Superman...I have the zombie version from wave 1 but this is cooler

Black Lantern Flash

Red Lantern Mera

Yellow Lantern Arkillo

That is earth 1 superman this is I think suppose to be regular sups :)

Yeah I had forgotten that the zombie was Earth 2 I love this Black Costume on Superman

This is AWESOME news! Now...when do we get to hear about the Brightest Day line of figures???

Expect new news around the time waves 7 or 8 are released I'd assume ... Personally I'd be just happy if they started to make some more GLC members into figures along with some other lantern figures too & just slap on the BD tag onto it ... They can't really do much more than that until they get ahead with the actual BD story line ... One can guess that alive man will be made into a white lantern figure at the least.

With them slapping the BD tag on about every dc book out there I'm personally hoping they stick to making just lantern figures for the most part!

Expect new news around the time waves 7 or 8 are released I'd assume ... Personally I'd be just happy if they started to make some more GLC members into figures along with some other lantern figures too & just slap on the BD tag onto it ... They can't really do much more than that until they get ahead with the actual BD story line ... One can guess that alive man will be made into a white lantern figure at the least.

With them slapping the BD tag on about every dc book out there I'm personally hoping they stick to making just lantern figures for the most part!

Brightest Day figures could start immediately since there are 12 characters already tagged as the main focus of the story...Aquaman, Osiris, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Deadman, Firestorm, Martian Manhunter, Hawk, Prof. Zoom, Capt. Boomerang, Max Lord, and Jade. That's not even counting their secondary/support characters...already there's Mera, Isis, Black Adam, all the Hawkman/woman former lives, Atom, Guy Gardner, Dove, Flash, Soranik Natu and Kyle all of whom were featured strongly in the Brightest Day #0 issue.

There could easily be 5 or 6 waves already being worked on!

DC editorial (and Geoff Johns in particular) had known for at least 6 months that these characters would be heavily featured in Brightest Day. So, assuming that DC Direct is working in concert with editorial, they will be announcing a Brightest Day line very soon...maybe for a January solicitation?

i wish DC Direct would at least include a plastic translucent colored "beam" that can attach to each of the New Guardians or their deputies' hands so we could re-create battle scenes. also, there are still tons of White Lantern figures that need to be made before the resurrected heroes (i'd get WL Supes, Hal, Barry, Bart and Conner).

If there are ever to be Brightest Day figs they better announce it soon lest the story line be over and done with by the time we ever see them. (Heck, Blackest Night will be a distant memory by the time we see wave 7 and 8, not that I really care).

Even so, BD only has a few that I'd really be interested in getting: DCD still needs a difiniative Aquaman and this would be a good time. I'd also be interested in a Jade figure....maybe base them on David Finch's art? Could be cool!

Yes but this is a lantern line imo It should be lantern characters not half the dc universe ... I don't care if X character was brought back from the dead in a lantern story I'm only interested in em if they are a lantern like deadman. If they are going to start doing that they need to do two different ones one for BD & one for GL BD that focus on the lantern characters

I love Dex-atarr and Scar as pack-ins, but where is the Green Lantern Ganthet? We have the complete other color lantern corps (Red Mera, Orange Luthor, Yellow Scarecrow, Blue Flash, Indigo Atom and Violet Wonder Woman) but no Green Ganthet? He needs to be packed-in with someone...maybe with Hal?

To clear the questions up about there being 2 different Black Lantern Supermans, here is the deal. The Wave 1 Superman that looks like a Zombie is Earth 3 Superman, which is actually Superman Prime, who wore the all black costume with silver trim even before Blackest Night even existed. The newer wave Superman is actually THE Superman, not any other Earth Superman or anything like that. Also, those saying Wave 1 is Earth 2 Superman, that is 100% wrong. Earth 2 Superman is not Superman at all, it is Ultraman.

So, Wave 1 is Earth 3 Superman (Superman Prime) and the newer Superman figure is the NORMAL Superman as a Black Lantern. Hope that helps clear that up.

To clear the questions up about there being 2 different Black Lantern Supermans, here is the deal. The Wave 1 Superman that looks like a Zombie is Earth 3 Superman, which is actually Superman Prime, who wore the all black costume with silver trim even before Blackest Night even existed. The newer wave Superman is actually THE Superman, not any other Earth Superman or anything like that. Also, those saying Wave 1 is Earth 2 Superman, that is 100% wrong. Earth 2 Superman is not Superman at all, it is Ultraman.

So, Wave 1 is Earth 3 Superman (Superman Prime) and the newer Superman figure is the NORMAL Superman as a Black Lantern. Hope that helps clear that up.

Actually, it's just a reminder of why "Multiple Earths" is one of the lamest ideas ever. But thanks for trying !

#US1#