USS Flagg

HarryWildman

I apologize in advance to those who frequent this area if this question is asked several times, but would anyone who knows be so kind as to consider telling me how much the USS Flagg cost when it was originally released? A friend and I were talking a while back about the only kid we knew back then who owned the USS Flagg, and our guess was that it retailed for around $300 to $500. But I thought about it later and that seems like more than it should.

Easy lookup:

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/85/ussflagg/

Description:

The Aircraft Carrier U.S.S. Flagg was first released boxed in U.S. toy stores in 1985. It included the Admiral, Keel-Haul. The Aircraft Carrier U.S.S. Flagg was also sold in 1986 and was discontinued in 1987.

Original Retail Price (Approx.): $89.99

Hasbro Product Number: 6001

Lee's Guide: GIJ-85053p

Tomart's Guide: #GI5441

The Ultimate Guide: Pg. 61-62 (1st Ed.), Pg. 100-103 (2nd Ed.)

Easy lookup:

http://www.yojoe.com...es/85/ussflagg/

Description:

The Aircraft Carrier U.S.S. Flagg was first released boxed in U.S. toy stores in 1985. It included the Admiral, Keel-Haul. The Aircraft Carrier U.S.S. Flagg was also sold in 1986 and was discontinued in 1987.

Original Retail Price (Approx.): $89.99

Hasbro Product Number: 6001

Lee's Guide: GIJ-85053p

Tomart's Guide: #GI5441

The Ultimate Guide: Pg. 61-62 (1st Ed.), Pg. 100-103 (2nd Ed.)

lol Me and my friend were way off then on the price guess. Although, maybe the price varied a bit? I did find some information about it on wikipedia and they have a link to an old Sears catalog page that has it listed at $109.99.

I apologize in advance to those who frequent this area if this question is asked several times, but would anyone who knows be so kind as to consider telling me how much the USS Flagg cost when it was originally released? A friend and I were talking a while back about the only kid we knew back then who owned the USS Flagg, and our guess was that it retailed for around $300 to $500. But I thought about it later and that seems like more than it should.

They're all right......the JCPenney & Sears catalogs listed it at $99.99 back in '85, but there were instances (as noted in YoJoe.com) that it was $89.99

I *heart* mine more than ever now....... #US1#

Oh, Man,

How's THIS for regret: I remember when a place called Bradlee's was going out of business and had them down at $50.00 a piece but I passed them up because I didn't want to carry it home. @doh@ (I was 15 or 16 and had a part-time job, but didn't have a car)...and they had 4 of them still NIB... makes me want to hang my head and cry when I think on that one :( @screamer@

Oh, Man,

How's THIS for regret: I remember when a place called Bradlee's was going out of business and had them down at $50.00 a piece but I passed them up because I didn't want to carry it home. @doh@ (I was 15 or 16 and had a part-time job, but didn't have a car)...and they had 4 of them still NIB... makes me want to hang my head and cry when I think on that one :( @screamer@

Virtually the same circumstance for me.

A Rexall drugstore was going out of business, and they had a MIB Flagg priced at $75, in 1989. I was there on the last day, had no car, was taking transit and was unable to get this thing home. I learned later that someone I knew came by an hour before the store closed, offered $25 for it and got it!!!

I remember Toys R Us had the cover of the box displayed above the Joe stuff wit the "pull tickets". I would take a ticket everytime in hopes that one day I would have the money to buy one! The price they had was $99.99.

I have a 100% complete one now. I got it from a lot of about 35 other vehicles complete for $250 about 7 years ago!

I had no idea that the price had shot up so much for these. I got mine about 6 or 7 years ago for just about $120. It's a bit beaten and not complete - but good enough for me!

Despite being a HUGE Joe fan from earliest memory until about 1990-91, I had never seen a Flagg in person and had no clue how one would go about getting their hands on it. I didn't think they had ever been made. My parents must have done a good job of keeping me from setting my eyes on one.

I remember Toys R Us had the cover of the box displayed above the Joe stuff wit the "pull tickets". I would take a ticket everytime in hopes that one day I would have the money to buy one! The price they had was $99.99

I remember that, they also later had the terrordrome and defiant up with it as well. I saw a really beat up boxed one at what was then a Venture store for $50 and begged my mom for it and she had only said I would have no room for it anywhere.

I later got one in a collection and was so stoked to put it together but was pissed when it was missing almost all of the connector tabs. I had to keep mine together with twist ties. I looked like crap but it worked.

I got one for Christmas that year. It was $99 at a local Roses department store. I remember that at the time my grandfather had an old Comet that he drove and no truck. Well my aunt and my mom or whoever that went to get it crammed it into the back seat and ripped the cloth on the top of the car interior. What sucks is I never got to play with it that much. My uncle at the time was going to do some project or another with it where he bolted it down to a long peace of wood and that was going to have wheels on it so I could roll it out of the garage to play with it whenever I wanted too. It would not fit in the storage buiding I stored the rest of my toys in. (It was not wide enough.) Sadly, I think it is still in that garage in less then presentable shape. As is a good chunk of my old Joe toys from the 80's. Poor storage on the part of my family members after my storage building had to be disassembled due to a leak. Sucks for me.