pooda

DCUC Gentleman Ghost help thread.

i cant find the S.O.B. anywhere! i need one! im sure theres more who need him as well.....HOOK US UP!!!!

i cant find the S.O.B. anywhere! i need one! im sure theres more who need him as well.....HOOK US UP!!!!

I've put out offers here and on TheFwoosh and gotten zero response.

I ended up negotiating a deal with a private collector.

If I couldn't manage that, I was willing to go to ePay at this point. Which unfortunately is what I'm going to have to suggest as Mattel doesn't seem too concerned with looking back on this line and you're already three waves past GG hitting shelves.

Frustrating and somewhat depressing; but if you just want GG loose ones are on ePay on the cheap. Carded are a bit more.

All boils down to how badly you want the figure. :\

I do have to say Gentleman Ghost is one of the nicest figures in this line. The articulation is slightly encumbered by the cape but then again, GG isn't somebody I see as going into cart wheels or flying kicks. The detail is excellent. His accessories are very cool and I love how they do the invisible head effect.

He's well worth the effort of a search and even worth a few extra bucks on eBay or the secondary market. I grabbed mine from a comic shop back when Wave 8 just hit. This was a figure I'd been looking forward to so I wasn't going to fool around.

i need 2 lmk, we can work something out.

GG isn't somebody I see as going into cart wheels or flying kicks.

lol Maybe on a future episode of Batman Brave and Bold they'll have GG doing some Matrix style kicks so that the character will appeal more to a younger audience. He can kick higher than the DCUC Black Canary figure can.

I may have an extra one through a trade on another board (I don't need one but I figure one is good for trade bait).

If I get him I would be glad to trade him for a Sinestro or something else that I need.

lol Maybe on a future episode of Batman Brave and Bold they'll have GG doing some Matrix style kicks so that the character will appeal more to a younger audience. He can kick higher than the DCUC Black Canary figure can.

I think he meant to say that GG isn't worth YOU or I doing cart wheels, etc.

I think he meant to say that GG isn't worth YOU or I doing cart wheels, etc.

he was talking about GG's articulation being sort of restricted. he said that it doesnt matter seeing that GG isnt going to be doing any flying kicks.

I lucked out today and found some of Wave 8 at a Target in Atlanta. They had 2 Gentleman Ghost and I picked up one of them as an extra for me along with a couple of other Wave 8 characters.

Wave8-3.jpg

I could not believe I found one after all this time. I am finally done with Wave 8 now that I have the Red Parademon. I stopped at another Target in the same area and I completed Wave 9 at that one by finding the Deadshot that I needed. Wave 9 took me longer to complete than most of the others waves.

Wave9-1.jpg

• Like 2

Nice.

It should be added to the TNI Forum user agreement that anybody that sees a DCUC Gentleman Ghost anywhere buys it for trade on these forums. :P

Hopefully more people can find these.

Nice.

It should be added to the TNI Forum user agreement that anybody that sees a DCUC Gentleman Ghost anywhere buys it for trade on these forums. tongue.gif

Hopefully more people can find these.

I was thinking about going back and getting the second one if they still had it at that Target, and help someone out who still needs one. I would have gotten it for myself, but I already felt greedy having 3 total including the one I just bought (2 sealed and 1 opened). I figured I would leave it for someone who really needed it, but I can see some of you need him still, so I will check and see if they still have him and I will post back here either way, whether they have him still or not.

Whoever gave my post above the minus symbol, do I sense jealousy?

I was thinking about going back and getting the second one if they still had it at that Target, and help someone out who still needs one. I would have gotten it for myself, but I already felt greedy having 3 total including the one I just bought (2 sealed and 1 opened). I figured I would leave it for someone who really needed it, but I can see some of you need him still, so I will check and see if they still have him and I will post back here either way, whether they have him still or not.

I've got the GG to complete my Giganta finally. Assuming it doesn't get lost in transit.

I'd buy it on general principle and post it here and Fwoosh. There's no shortage of collectors looking for these things. Assuming you're just going to resell it for cost plus shipping or trade.

That's what I was doing for Wave 10 for a while, but now that seems to be hitting more WM stores.

I noticed that. Assuming you're not a scalper, yeah some posters here are prone to cases of butthurt. Kind of a flaw in karma / points systems on message boards. :\

I never sighted wave 8 in stores but ended up with two MOC and a nearly complete Giganta (head, crotch, two legs and right arm) from some guy at TFW2005 for $10 shipped, he just wanted to get rid of them and had them in the for sale section for a while with no takers.

I've got the GG to complete my Giganta finally. Assuming it doesn't get lost in transit.

I'd buy it on general principle and post it here and Fwoosh. There's no shortage of collectors looking for these things. Assuming you're just going to resell it for cost plus shipping or trade.

That's what I was doing for Wave 10 for a while, but now that seems to be hitting more WM stores.

I noticed that. Assuming you're not a scalper, yeah some posters here are prone to cases of butthurt. Kind of a flaw in karma / points systems on message boards. :\

To be fair, he is bragging a bit about getting 2 GGs in a thread which is asking for help in getting GG.

To be fair, he is bragging a bit about getting 2 GGs in a thread which is asking for help in getting GG.

@Ganesha, I have seen a few people get butthurt for no reason on here, so I know what you mean.

@EldestSon, I was not bragging, just simply stating that I found two Gentleman Ghost at a Target this late after Wave 8 was released, and the pictures were posted not for bragging purposes, but because alot of people say, "Pictures or it did not happen". I could see someone getting butthurt if I said, "I saw 2 Gentleman Ghost, and I bought them both for ME, screw everyone else!", but no, I left one that I could easily sell and make a profit off of for another collector to get, and then went as far as to say I would go check and see if Target still had it so I could help someone out here. So, all in all, if you read my post again, you will see I was simply saying there is still hope for people to find this figure at stores for retail price.

• Like 1

To be fair?

You've got to think it through, he could be one of those weirdos that buys two of every toy - one to open and one to keep MOC. He wouldn't be the first I've run into that collects that way.

I remember finding Gentleman Ghost months ago here when that guy posted he had cases of wave 8 for sale at openedfigs.com. Best gamble I've taken in a while.

To be fair?

You've got to think it through, he could be one of those weirdos that buys two of every toy - one to open and one to keep MOC. He wouldn't be the first I've run into that collects that way.

What I mean is that this is a thread about needing help getting GG. So, if you aren't here looking for one or here with an extra then...

What I mean is that this is a thread about needing help getting GG. So, if you aren't here looking for one or here with an extra then...

It seems to stink; but he's just confirming GG's are still floating around out there.

He should keep us posted if more GG's show up near him, that will confirm they're still shipping - not warming pegs.

That said, I do hope more folks can find him.

To be fair?

I open MOST of the figures I get, unless I REALLY like the figure, then I will open one and get another to keep sealed, but that is pretty rare unless a friend has an extra sealed for cheap. I am going to that Target tomorrow, so if they still have it, I will help someone out here. Anyways, I see why it sounded like I was bragging, but I was just happy to have found another GG because he is by far my favorite DCUC release so far.

@tuga viper, I knew most would get what I meant. Thanks.