DCUC Gentleman Ghost help thread.

pooda

Oh, for pete's sake.

...relax dont get butthurt, I just find it humurous that Im considered a scalper because I would rather sell a figure on ebay for maximum profit instead of helping total strangers with cost + shipping. Ive actually only have done this a few times AND I dont activley look for stuff to sell, just what I randomly come across. Its just funny to me thats all...

No one gives a crap whether you want to scalp or not. BUT WHY POST IN THIS THREAD??? For the fourth time, if you don't need help with GG and aren't here to help others get GG, then you don't need to post here. There's three other posts: DC Hauls, Wave 8, and another GG thread; that you could post in.

Oh, for pete's sake.

...relax dont get butthurt, I just find it humurous that Im considered a scalper because I would rather sell a figure on ebay for maximum profit instead of helping total strangers with cost + shipping. Ive actually only have done this a few times AND I dont activley look for stuff to sell, just what I randomly come across. Its just funny to me thats all...

Hey man you better watch it on the TNI bad boys will give you a negative, that is to show how tough they really are.....OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, WATCH IT........OHHHHHHHH

• Like 1

In an effort to bring this discussion back on topic, and in the tradition of holiday cheer, I would like to take a moment to remind us what a bunch of pretty cool guys we are.

For example:

I think Bjjer is a pretty cool guy. eh would rather sell a figure on ebay for maximum profit instead of helping total strangers with cost + shipping and doesn't afraid of anything.

I think HarryWildman is a pretty cool guy. eh always has such wonderful things to add to any discussion and doesn't afraid of anything.

I think superpowers1986 is a pretty cool guy. eh has 1,437,983 -1s and doesn't afraid of the TNI bad boys.

In an effort to bring this discussion back on topic, and in the tradition of holiday cheer, I would like to take a moment to remind us what a bunch of pretty cool guys we are.

For example:

I think Bjjer is a pretty cool guy. eh would rather sell a figure on ebay for maximum profit instead of helping total strangers with cost + shipping and doesn't afraid of anything.

I think HarryWildman is a pretty cool guy. eh always has such wonderful things to add to any discussion and doesn't afraid of anything.

I think superpowers1986 is a pretty cool guy. eh has 1,437,983 -1s and doesn't afraid of the TNI bad boys.

Are you trying to be ironic? Cause this has nothing to do with the topic. ;)

The topic is "HELP ELDESTSON GET GENTLEMAN GHOST...oh yeah and Pooda too" @firedevil@

• Like 1

Oh, for pete's sake.

No one gives a crap whether you want to scalp or not. BUT WHY POST IN THIS THREAD??? For the fourth time, if you don't need help with GG and aren't here to help others get GG, then you don't need to post here. There's three other posts: DC Hauls, Wave 8, and another GG thread; that you could post in.

I well aware of your previous posts but since nobody has any GG's to go around anyway might as well spice up the thread.

For example:

Of course I fear nothing, Im bjjer (brazillian jiujitsu er) except thai boxers, MMArtists, guns, knives, my elderly neighbor, the IRS, my credit card statement, etc, etc...

• Like 1

Oh, for pete's sake.

I well aware of your previous posts but since nobody has any GG's to go around anyway might as well spice up the thread.

you give scalpers a bad name. @firedevil@

Oh, for pete's sake.

you give scalpers a bad name. FIREdevil.gif

...no I give love a bad name (guess the artist).

yo pooda tell me if u want to trade or not cause i'll be going to the shop to buy the gg, so i want to know how many i should get.

last time i checked they had 3 and 1 of them is already reserved for a trade on this forum.

i cant get any of the DCU figs that you want. how much is shipping to your side of the planet.

• Like 1

yo pooda tell me if u want to trade or not cause i'll be going to the shop to buy the gg, so i want to know how many i should get.

last time i checked they had 3 and 1 of them is already reserved for a trade on this forum.

i cant get any of the DCU figs that you want. how much is shipping to your side of the planet.

someone from marvelous forums sent me sunfire mib to malaysia and it was around 12$ the shipping

now i dont mind if its loose so shouldnt be more expensive.

got pm

That's not just "the guys on these boards". That's just about everybody in the history of people using the internet to try to collect. It's always,

Guy 1: "I want your complete BAF Sentinel."

Guy 2: "What do have to offer in trade for it?"

Guy 1: "Well, I've got this Giant Man foot that came with AoA Sabretooth."

The words "just about" are wisely chosen.

I've been trading things since I was 10 years old. There's an old saying that goes something like "If both people feel that they came out slightly on the bad end of the deal then it was probably fair". I have always subscribed to the idea that if both people feel like they came off slightly on the GOOD end that the deal was DEFINITELY fair.

I believe in trading something you bought for $14 and is selling on eBay for $50 for someone else's something they bought for $14 and is selling for $50. That way both people are happy and nobody ripped the other one off.

Having said that, here's my GG saga:

A friend of mine got his wave 8 case off BBTS a couple months or so before they came to local TRU around here (and only TRU at that time, nowhere else that I found). So I see a couple cases in the same day, everyone but red PD, Hawkgirl and GG. Ok, fine, I figure as always, if I wait another week or two, more cases with those 3 will come to Wal-Mart, Target or TRU and then maybe another month or two, Stop & Shop will get them in.

Fast forward a couple months, and I find out not only is S&S not stocking anything after wave 7, but that wave 8 is one of the harder to find waves along with the newly shipping wave 9. I figure, great now that GG is selling for like $60+ some places, I'll end up having to trade something worth that much to get him. And I'm just about to trade a Lightray for a loose compl. one on The Fwoosh (after a couple jerk-offs already dicked me on him) when I hear that a bunch of GGs are coming out again at Target some places. So I decide to wait a bit and check my local Targets in hopes of finding one at retail. So I walk into one local target that very week and what do I find...?

Gold Dr. Fate, Green Arrow, Deadshot, Black Canary, and some other misc. wave 8 that weren't in the refresher cases as far as I know (like Vig. and Cmdr. Steel). All of which I picked up in case anyone needed them.

So the upshot is I have a bunch of figures to trade including some rare ones but still no GG.

That's not just "the guys on these boards". That's just about everybody in the history of people using the internet to try to collect. It's always,

Guy 1: "I want your complete BAF Sentinel."

Guy 2: "What do have to offer in trade for it?"

Guy 1: "Well, I've got this Giant Man foot that came with AoA Sabretooth."

The words "just about" are wisely chosen.

I've been trading things since I was 10 years old. There's an old saying that goes something like "If both people feel that they came out slightly on the bad end of the deal then it was probably fair". I have always subscribed to the idea that if both people feel like they came off slightly on the GOOD end that the deal was DEFINITELY fair.

I believe in trading something you bought for $14 and is selling on eBay for $50 for someone else's something they bought for $14 and is selling for $50. That way both people are happy and nobody ripped the other one off.

A friend of mine got his wave 8 case off BBTS a couple months or so before they came to local TRU around here (and only TRU at that time, nowhere else that I found). So I see a couple cases in the same day, everyone but red PD, Hawkgirl and GG. Ok, fine, I figure as always, if I wait another week or two, more cases with those 3 will come to Wal-Mart, Target or TRU and then maybe another month or two, Stop & Shop will get them in.

Fast forward a couple months, and I find out not only is S&S not stocking anything after wave 7, but that wave 8 is one of the harder to find waves along with the newly shipping wave 9. I figure, great now that GG is selling for like $60+ some places, I'll end up having to trade something worth that much to get him. And I'm just about to trade a Lightray for a loose compl. one on The Fwoosh (after a couple jerk-offs already dicked me on him) when I hear that a bunch of GGs are coming out again at Target some places. So I decide to wait a bit and check my local Targets in hopes of finding one at retail. So I walk into one local target that very week and what do I find...?

Gold Dr. Fate, Green Arrow, Deadshot, Black Canary, and some other misc. wave 8 that weren't in the refresher cases as far as I know (like Vig. and Cmdr. Steel). All of which I picked up in case anyone needed them.

So the upshot is I have a bunch of figures to trade including some rare ones but still no GG.

Somebody else mentioned Lightray being hard to get, I bought mine for 18 shipped and seen a few sell for not that much. Even wave 5 is gonna come down now with the rerelease. Looks like wave 8 may be the rare wave (well GG anyway). I dont care about value as I buy one of each and open everything but people mentioning Lightray kinda suprised me.

The reason you found what you found at Toys R Us is because they got shipments including Mr Terriffic, Commander Steel, and Vigilante with an assortment of Flash and other Wave 6 or 7 figures. I have friends that work at Target, Wal Mart, and Toys R Us, so I usually know what shipments contain what. Vigilante was the only figure that was shipped with Wave 9, not Commander Steel. If you found a Commander Steel near alot of Wave 9 figures, it was either because A.) It got shipped with Wave 8 and just sat there, B.) It got kept in the back because they had Wave 6 and 7 to put out before it, or C.) People HID the Wave 8 figures in anticipation on coming back to buy them, and never did, and an employee found them and put them back on the shelf (This happens ALOT more than you think). This is probably why you found the Gold Dr Fate, and other random Wave 8 amongst a Green Arrow, Deadshot and Black Canary, because Vigilante is the only Wave 8 figure that ships with Wave 9. Someone probably bought Gentleman Ghost and hid the rest for a friend or to come back and pick up. Or they just sat in the back stock room, which both happen alot.

All in all, if you find figures like Hawk Girl, Dr. Fate, or Parademon at a Target, that means there WAS a Gentleman Ghost there, but you missed it. Alot of the time, people ask employees if they can check in the back for Wave 8, and that is why Gentleman Ghost is gone sometimes before they ever put out the Wave 8 shipments they got. If you have found Wave 8 at Toys R Us, consider yourself lucky, because they did not send out alot of the shipments with Mr Terr, Comm. Steel, and Vigilante. If you found ANY Wave 8 figure other than Vigilante at a Target, consider yourself VERY lucky, because these shipments were few and far between. Maybe 2 out of 10 Targets even got this shipment. Wave 8 and 9 are the hardest waves to find yet. Wave 9 is ALOT easier to find than Wave 8 though.

Also, if you see ANY of Wave 8 at a Target, ASK THEM to check in the back. I got half of my Wave 8 just by doing this. I saw ONE Dr. Fate with random Wave 6 and 7 on the shelf, and then I ask them to check in the back for Wave 8, and then they bring out case fresh Gentleman Ghost, Hawkgirl, and Red Parademon. So don't be afraid to ASK! Especially at a Target, they will definately help you.

Anyways, one of my friends might let me get his Gentleman Ghost for retail, so as I said before, if this happens, I will help out the original thread maker, pooda, at retail price. I am not looking to make money off of it if I am able to get it.

All in all, if you find figures like Hawk Girl, Dr. Fate, or Parademon at a Target, that means there WAS a Gentleman Ghost there, but you missed it.

Not necessarily true. I had a target employee go in the back, he brought out a brand new sealed case. There was a hawkgirl, dr fate, 2xblack canary, green arrow, some wave 6s and 7s, but NO GENTLEMEN GHOST.