DCUC Gentleman Ghost help thread.

pooda

the sad thing is that theres some a$$ sitting at home with about 3 or 4 extras trying to get 35-50 bucks for it. i always said that if i miss even one of the figs(not the variants) im out of this line! im not going through that ML bullsh!t again! thats why im buying japanese toys. at least they make everybody available to the consumer...not this "catch me if you can" B.S. as for finding extras....BUY THEM! con grats to the guy that found 2 or whatever, but i also understand Eldestson as well. if you have enough cash to snatch them, then do it. i dont think that people shouldve given him a -1(whatever that means) but you gotta expect some hate when you post that you just bought 2, and left the 3rd. then you say "maybe i should get the other to help out" in a "help" therad....woooo...youre looking for trouble! (lol) at any point....GREAT FIND! AT LEAST YOU GOT HIM!

the sad thing is that theres some a$$ sitting at home with about 3 or 4 extras trying to get 35-50 bucks for it. i always said that if i miss even one of the figs(not the variants) im out of this line! im not going through that ML bullsh!t again! thats why im buying japanese toys. at least they make everybody available to the consumer...not this "catch me if you can" B.S. as for finding extras....BUY THEM!

Oh hell man, you may as well avoid any item / hobby involving any sort of potential after market resale value.

Speculators ruined a lot of comics for me in the 90's, when they bought every copy of a book I was reading before I could get to the shop. That didn't put me off buying comics.

Same thing applies here, it's supply and demand.

After you look at how much you spend in gas and time looking for these things, you're either going to spend the money or not.

Hell, the reason I avoided collecting toys up until this point was precisely because of this problem. Variants, chase figures, and scalpers that camp at stores. :|

• Like 2

the sad thing is that theres some a$$ sitting at home with about 3 or 4 extras trying to get 35-50 bucks for it. i always said that if i miss even one of the figs(not the variants) im out of this line! im not going through that ML bullsh!t again! thats why im buying japanese toys. at least they make everybody available to the consumer...not this "catch me if you can" B.S. as for finding extras....BUY THEM! con grats to the guy that found 2 or whatever, but i also understand Eldestson as well. if you have enough cash to snatch them, then do it. i dont think that people shouldve given him a -1(whatever that means) but you gotta expect some hate when you post that you just bought 2, and left the 3rd. then you say "maybe i should get the other to help out" in a "help" therad....woooo...youre looking for trouble! (lol) at any point....GREAT FIND! AT LEAST YOU GOT HIM!

I really hope they send GG out with a future wave like they do with Flash now. Then everyone would have a chance to snag him.

I really hope they send GG out with a future wave like they do with Flash now. Then everyone would have a chance to snag him.

I don't even want GG as much as I want the CnC pieces for Giganta who looks to be one of the best BAF/CnCs ever.

I really can't believe that even at the door for Wave 11, people have not completed their Wave 8 sets. I never knew that GG was so hard to find and now I am trying to remember if I ever saw him on the shelf, I saw trickles of Wave 8 but not a full set at stores. Also the prices on ebay are CRAZY, I hope people find them now that Target is opening up their supplies of Waves 8-9

I really can't believe that even at the door for Wave 11, people have not completed their Wave 8 sets. I never knew that GG was so hard to find and now I am trying to remember if I ever saw him on the shelf, I saw trickles of Wave 8 but not a full set at stores. Also the prices on ebay are CRAZY, I hope people find them now that Target is opening up their supplies of Waves 8-9

Well this entire line has been consistently inconsistent since it's inception. For months Demon Etrigan clogged shelves here while Wave 4 was shipping in other parts of the US.

It would all be alleviated it Mattel would just be more forthcoming with information on their blogs.

People spotting GG's have me wondering if Mattel is still shipping, or if stock from the backroom is just finally being rotated because we're in the Christmas shopping season? :\

I dont consider myself a scalper but the extra GG and parts I had I sold on ebay for a nice profit but used the money to buy me a couple of wave 8 and all of wave 9. I dont think its any different than buying up extras for trade bait except the guys on these boards want to mostly pay cost plus shipping or trade one figure for one, even if the figure is rare. I can get more on ebay and fund more of my DCUC so why not do it. I dont go camping out or pallet dive but if I come across something in demand on a diaper run to walmart or something I usually pick it up for this reason.

• Like 1

I dont consider myself a scalper but the extra GG and parts I had I sold on ebay for a nice profit but used the money to buy me a couple of wave 8 and all of wave 9. I dont think its any different than buying up extras for trade bait except the guys on these boards want to mostly pay cost plus shipping or trade one figure for one, even if the figure is rare. I can get more on ebay and fund more of my DCUC so why not do it. I dont go camping out or pallet dive but if I come across something in demand on a diaper run to walmart or something I usually pick it up for this reason.

Guys, there's a DCUC haul thread, a wave 8 thread, and another GG thread. THIS thread is about people who need help getting GG and people who want to help them.

Just sayin'

Well this entire line has been consistently inconsistent since it's inception. For months Demon Etrigan clogged shelves here while Wave 4 was shipping in other parts of the US.

It would all be alleviated it Mattel would just be more forthcoming with information on their blogs.

People spotting GG's have me wondering if Mattel is still shipping, or if stock from the backroom is just finally being rotated because we're in the Christmas shopping season? :\

My guess is that Target ordered waves but were sitting on them until the holidays hoping to get rid of Wave 4/6/7 figures. I am just happy that I was able to order a set because I would not want to be stuck with paying 40 bucks for one. I would of never imagined he would be the hardest and most expensive to find of the bunch. Question: do people want him for the figure or is it just to complete Giganta?

There is a reason hardly anyone can find Gentleman Ghost or any of Wave 8 for that matter in stores. I have a friend who works at the Target Warehouse, and he says that hardly any Targets are ordering new shipments, so that means that Wave 6 and 7 are just clogging up the shelves. He says they have tons of Wave 6 and 7 ready to be shipped out of the warehouse before 8 or 9. He says they hardly got any of Wave 8 to ship out at all. He said for every ten boxes of Wave 6 and 7 they have, they only have one box of Wave 8, so that shows how less of Wave 8 was produced. They have more Wave 9 than Wave 8, but not alot more.

Mattel basically screwed up and under produced Waves 8 and 9, and here is why...Hardly any of the non-online retailers were putting in orders for Waves 8 and 9 because they have had Waves 6 and 7 just sitting on the shelf for so long not selling, and the way they think is, "If this is not selling, more of it won't sell". That is the mentality of stores like Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Target. They are not going to put in orders to Mattel for something that is not selling, that is just how it works. So, Mattel produced alot less of Waves 8 and 9. Some online retailers such as BBTS had to send alot of the Waves 8 and 9 pre-order customers that thier orders could not filled and they would recieve a full refund. They did not even get in half of what they thought they would get. That is why Wave 8 figures go for more money on eBay. Wave 9 is also bringing in a good bit on eBay too because of this. Mattel has said they will never again under produce a wave, so hopefully this will not happen again. Maybe that is why MattyCollector.com is going to be selling Wave 11 for retail price, at least that is what I have heard.

1.) a figure is only worth what someone will pay pay for it.

2.) yes people want to trade a 1-4-1, or a cost + shipping. thats called "help". thats what the small circle of "helpers" on this board do....they help each other.

3.) if youre looking for profit, then youre right by taking it to ebay! most of us will hold out, because people like Eldestson, JJ, Opticon, Ares, and a few others(including myself) will run accross something and share the good fortune.

4.) you get what you put out. its your money/figs, so you can do as you please with them. are you a scalper? ...i cant say. but its safe to assume that if you had found 10 GGs they would go up on Ebay as well. you have to understand that posting that you found 3 GG at retail in a help thread, and then not trying to help anyone is just bragging. then selling a fig for 2-3 times the amount isnt helping....its scalping. why does everyone that "scalp" not want to be a scalper? if you are, then you just are. if some fool wants to give up a crazy amount for something that you have....go for it!

5.) trade bait can cross the lines of scalping as well. let me guess....you want an eradicator for him? lightray?...abin sur maybe?

6.) the only point that i can see in your post was to reel some poor shmuck into paying for both of your GGs, and maybe even a 3rd fig.

My guess is that Target ordered waves but were sitting on them until the holidays hoping to get rid of Wave 4/6/7 figures. I am just happy that I was able to order a set because I would not want to be stuck with paying 40 bucks for one. I would of never imagined he would be the hardest and most expensive to find of the bunch. Question: do people want him for the figure or is it just to complete Giganta?

i want the fig, and i want to complete the "big gal". but im not paying 40 bucks for it!

the guys on these boards want to mostly pay cost plus shipping or trade one figure for one, even if the figure is rare.

That's not just "the guys on these boards". That's just about everybody in the history of people using the internet to try to collect. It's always,

Guy 1: "I want your complete BAF Sentinel."

Guy 2: "What do have to offer in trade for it?"

Guy 1: "Well, I've got this Giant Man foot that came with AoA Sabretooth."

• Like 1

1.) a figure is only worth what someone will pay pay for it.

2.) yes people want to trade a 1-4-1, or a cost + shipping. thats called "help". thats what the small circle of "helpers" on this board do....they help each other.

3.) if youre looking for profit, then youre right by taking it to ebay! most of us will hold out, because people like Eldestson, JJ, Opticon, Ares, and a few others(including myself) will run accross something and share the good fortune.

4.) you get what you put out. its your money/figs, so you can do as you please with them. are you a scalper? ...i cant say. but its safe to assume that if you had found 10 GGs they would go up on Ebay as well. you have to understand that posting that you found 3 GG at retail in a help thread, and then not trying to help anyone is just bragging. then selling a fig for 2-3 times the amount isnt helping....its scalping. why does everyone that "scalp" not want to be a scalper? if you are, then you just are. if some fool wants to give up a crazy amount for something that you have....go for it!

5.) trade bait can cross the lines of scalping as well. let me guess....you want an eradicator for him? lightray?...abin sur maybe?

6.) the only point that i can see in your post was to reel some poor shmuck into paying for both of your GGs, and maybe even a 3rd fig.

Yes I usually do sell my figs on ebay as I can get more money and I have no established relationships of mutual assistance on this board. I guess I do "scalp" when I run across something valuable and put it on ebay as I can get more for it than here, but Im not a scalper in the sense that I dont go hunting mornings and nights specifically to run to ebay. I have a pretty good job and a family and dont have the need to do it. So if you consider that scalping than yes I guess Im a scalper...or just a guy who tries to maximize their profit just like everyone else does. Dont tell me you have never tried to maximize your profit from complete strangers. I will help people I know but a stranger I guess I will scalp.

FWIW, to me it's "scalping" if the item is still new or still shipping to stores. Once it's pretty much established that any particular item is no longer in production or shiipping, and is now thouhgt of more as a "retired collectible" or whatever, then it's reasonable to expect an aftermarket value. But I completely understand if someone else does not agree with that. Some people consider if scalping no matter how long the item an item has been out of production, so opinions vary.

I will help people I know but a stranger I guess I will scalp.

I don't really believe you about this. I think you're just saying it to see how people will react. What is the reasoning or justification in "scalping" strangers but not people you know?

FWIW, to me it's "scalping" if the item is still new or still shipping to stores. Once it's pretty much established that any particular item is no longer in production or shiipping, and is now thouhgt of more as a "retired collectible" or whatever, then it's reasonable to expect an aftermarket value. But I completely understand if someone else does not agree with that. Some people consider if scalping no matter how long the item an item has been out of production, so opinions vary.

What is the reasoning or justification in "scalping" strangers but not people you know?

he doesnt need any.

What is the reasoning or justification in "scalping" strangers but not people you know?

he doesnt need any.

Well, I suppose not.

I don't really believe you about this. I think you're just saying it to see how people will react. What is the reasoning or justification in "scalping" strangers but not people you know?

...uh the justification is simple, I know people who I help, I have established relationships with them and we have helped eachother in the past. What about this is bo hard to believe. I find a toy, I ask them if they need it, they do I send it to them, they dont I put it up on ebay. Is that really so hard to understand? If its a stranger (eg. most people on this board) who wants it for cost plus shipping or wants an uneven trade because they feel they should have a one for one fig or whatever Im not going to waste my time with it. The item will go up on ebay and I make extra money to buy other figs. If you dont agree with this that sounds like a problem you have as I dont see a problem whatsoever in what I do.

...uh the justification is simple, I know people who I help, I have established relationships with them and we have helped eachother in the past. What about this is bo hard to believe. I find a toy, I ask them if they need it, they do I send it to them, they dont I put it up on ebay. Is that really so hard to understand? If its a stranger (eg. most people on this board) who wants it for cost plus shipping or wants an uneven trade because they feel they should have a one for one fig or whatever Im not going to waste my time with it. The item will go up on ebay and I make extra money to buy other figs. If you dont agree with this that sounds like its your problem as I dont see a problem whatsoever in what I do.

...uh, Yep. I'm not going to argue with you, you dummyguitar.gif I still think you're just saying things tailored to be "abrasive" just to get people to take the bait and argue with you over it. I already said I have no "problem whatsoever" with whatever you want to do with your purchases, so if you're really getting butthurt over something I said I can't understand why. I was actually agreeing with you, you numbskull. Well, at least part of what you said. Hell, you can try to scalp those diapers on ebay you mentioned making a run for earlier after they're filled up with poopy for all I care.

And I hate to assume that you're as dumb as a bag of hammers, but not a single thing you said in your reply justifies scalping strangers but not people you know or whatever. The only thing that even comes CLOSE is when you said it helps you "make extra money to buy other figs". Which I'm sure will now make you want to reply with, "Uh, yeah, that's what I meant". But I doubt you would have replied saying THAT before I pointed it out to you.

I'm just hoping you didn't pwn yourself when you said one thing that directly contradicts something you said earlier...

Yes I usually do sell my figs on ebay as I can get more money and I have no established relationships of mutual assistance on this board. I guess I do "scalp" when I run across something valuable and put it on ebay as I can get more for it than here, but Im not a scalper in the sense that I dont go hunting mornings and nights specifically to run to ebay. I have a pretty good job and a family and dont have the need to do it. So if you consider that scalping than yes I guess Im a scalper...or just a guy who tries to maximize their profit just like everyone else does. Dont tell me you have never tried to maximize your profit from complete strangers. I will help people I know but a stranger I guess I will scalp.

Again, FWIW, my whole thing with scalping is this. I would offer to give someone more than retail or even twice what they paid for it if they can help me with an item I haven't been able to get. I mean, you'd offer that courtesy to friends and family if they help you find stuff, right? So you certainly shouldn't expect someone you don't even know to help you for free.

But if you buy them all up in your area and then demand that people give you more for it on ebay or something, then I think that's stupid. You don't like that I said that? Tough sh!t. Nobody said you had to, just like nobody said I had to like what you're doing. I will apologize tho for derailing this topic a bit from it's original subject lol

Ps: I still think you're full of it.smile.gif

• Like 1

...uh the justification is simple, I know people who I help, I have established relationships with them and we have helped eachother in the past. What about this is bo hard to believe. I find a toy, I ask them if they need it, they do I send it to them, they dont I put it up on ebay. Is that really so hard to understand? If its a stranger (eg. most people on this board) who wants it for cost plus shipping or wants an uneven trade because they feel they should have a one for one fig or whatever Im not going to waste my time with it. The item will go up on ebay and I make extra money to buy other figs. If you dont agree with this that sounds like its your problem as I dont see a problem whatsoever in what I do.

Yep.

Cool, I guess were done.

Oh, for pete's sake.

...relax dont get butthurt, I just find it humorous that Im considered a scalper because I would rather sell a figure on ebay for maximum profit instead of helping total strangers with cost + shipping. Ive actually only have done this a few times AND I dont activley look for stuff to sell, just what I randomly come across. Its just funny to me thats all...