Whats Jeph Loeb up to these days?

TheMotta

He's currently writing the Red Hulk series for Marvel and a few upcoming projects.

Fanboys on the Internet do their best to rail against him, but all the angry letters tossed into the ether aren't impacting the monthly sales of Hulk. @loll@

Hopefully a judge somewhere has issued a far-reaching all-powerful injunction keeping Loeb away from writing any more comics indefinitely.

So are you saying that because you never liked him at all or is it from what I hear that he has killed the Hulk

So are you saying that because you never liked him at all or is it from what I hear that he has killed the Hulk

Give the Hulk series a read.

It's a good fun comic. It's not trying to be Watchmen or Strangers in Paradise.

It's a big red jerk going around wrecking stuff.

Loeb is unfairly getting dogpiled lately because that's the nature of the Internet and nobody wants to be the guy that says otherwise. @hmmm@

A horrible mix of science and magic that was.

It's really best not to over think most of what goes on in comic books. If you do, things like Green Lantern putting a shield around himself instead of just trapping the foe in a big green lock box will ruin all your fun. :P

I still think it makes no sense how Red Hulk beat Thor.

They sort of gave an explanation in Fall of Hulks: Alpha

Basically, The Leader and MODOK (the original) made Rulk using Gamma and Cosmic energy. They said this would give him the power to beat Hulk and I believe they mentioned cosmic entities or something like that...anyway, having Cosmic energy sorta makes sense given he punched out the Watcher (still hella funny).

Loeb's writing has definitely gone down a notch since his son's death, and that's probably to be expected. His son. Died! It's going to impact every part of every day of the rest of his life.

The Internet thing is, I feel, backlash to some misconception that The Long Halloween, Hulk Gray, Spiderman Blue, and Hush were some Living Bible of how comics should be. They were miniseries, beginning/middle/end stories that were well done, but ultimately read nothing like monthly comics and are as critically panned (TLH and Hush, anyways) as they are lauded. Because at their core, they are just fun and wacky tales written by a man who knows how to hit fanboy buttons. So when this same revered writer finds the lighter side of comics, and writes ongoing fiction with a bent toward rock'em sock'em (like his later run on Superman/Batman and his foray into the Ultimate Universe), the fans seem to go berzonkers.

But its the same stuff he's been writing all these years... just not as dark.

• Like 1

Jeph Loeb is busy helping Bendis and Millar destroy the Marvel universe, as Quesada rolls in the money. His comics nowadays are so horrible... so horrible...

But honestly, what should we expect from the writer of the acclaimed film, Commando.

Jeph Loeb is busy helping Bendis and Millar destroy the Marvel universe, as Quesada rolls in the money. His comics nowadays are so horrible... so horrible...

But honestly, what should we expect from the writer of the acclaimed film, Commando.

I get the Loeb hate, but Bendis is really good and Millar is f'n awesome.

loeb stuff with batman was awsome...all the "color" books he did with marvel a re awsome too. Spiderman: blue is still one of my fav stories. havnt reead the hulk books so cant judge and havnt read ultimatum either.

Comando is a great movie idk what ur talking about, he also helped writign season 1 on heroes and a few seasons of smallville

loeb stuff with batman was awsome...all the "color" books he did with marvel a re awsome too. Spiderman: blue is still one of my fav stories. havnt reead the hulk books so cant judge and havnt read ultimatum either.

Comando is a great movie idk what ur talking about, he also helped writign season 1 on heroes and a few seasons of smallville

I get the Loeb hate, but Bendis is really good and Millar is f'n awesome.

You're free to like whoever you want, but Bendis being the mastermind behind the Dark Reign bullsh!t as well as his inability to write adult characters as adults is enough to keep me from anything with his name on it. And Millar? God almighty. That guy does whatever the hell he wants with the characters without any regard for backrounds and such, I mean, Old Man Logan really is disrespectful to the characters. Punisher and Daredevil killed by raptors? Wolverine killing ALL the X-Men? Hulk inbreeding with She-Hulk?!? SPIDER-B!TCH?!? C'mon. The guy is hack. At least in my opinion.

P.S. I like Commando, its a no brain badass action movie. But I know it's pretty stupid, truly reflecting Loeb's current writing.

You're free to like whoever you want, but Bendis being the mastermind behind the Dark Reign bullsh!t as well as his inability to write adult characters as adults is enough to keep me from anything with his name on it. And Millar? God almighty. That guy does whatever the hell he wants with the characters without any regard for backrounds and such, I mean, Old Man Logan really is disrespectful to the characters. Punisher and Daredevil killed by raptors? Wolverine killing ALL the X-Men? Hulk inbreeding with She-Hulk?!? SPIDER-B!TCH?!? C'mon. The guy is hack. At least in my opinion.

You act like this is new.

Characters have suffered under the hands of incompetent writers in the past as well, and so long as the Big Two continue to never change; or just re-release the same old characters, but now let them say "F*ck" in the Max Line doesn't mean anything has changed.

At the end of the day Marvel/DC will keep milking these characters for all they're worth.

I just follow artists and writers I like at Marvel / DC. If you want characters that will be respected, go read creator owned and indie comics. There are plenty of great comics out there not being published by Marvel / DC that could use your business.

Characters have suffered under the hands of incompetent writers in the past as well, and so long as the Big Two continue to never change; or just re-release the same old characters, but now let them say "F*ck" in the Max Line doesn't mean anything has changed.

At the end of the day Marvel/DC will keep milking these characters for all they're worth.

I just follow artists and writers I like at Marvel / DC. If you want characters that will be respected, go read creator owned and indie comics. There are plenty of great comics out there not being published by Marvel / DC that could use your business.

I dropped reading mainstream comics a long time ago, and I am aware that the treatment of these characters has consistently been this way for ages. I was simply pointing out singular writers at Marvel who are CURRENTLY butchering characters. Sometimes you get a writer who respectfully writes the character and takes you on one hell of a ride. Busiek and Perez for Avengers, J. Michael Strazynski and John Romita Jr for Amazing Spider-Man, Mark Waid for Flash as well as his run on Fantastic Four with the late great Weiringo, Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams for Batman, the list goes on. I love the characters in Marvel and DC, and when they are respected, they truly shine. I'll read Marvel and DC comics if, like you said, I like the writers and artists. Now, the entire Marvel universe is swirling down the sh!itter while DC's crisis screwed a lot up in my book. Independent comics truly are the way to go for me. Although I stopped picking up comics altogether, my brother hasn't, and occasionally I read what he picks up. So I still get to keep up with B.P.R.D. and Goon and such. I'm really gonna miss Turtles though. I LOVE the Turtles.

I dropped reading mainstream comics a long time ago, and I am aware that the treatment of these characters has consistently been this way for ages. I was simply pointing out singular writers at Marvel who are CURRENTLY butchering characters. Sometimes you get a writer who respectfully writes the character and takes you on one hell of a ride. Busiek and Perez for Avengers, J. Michael Strazynski and John Romita Jr for Amazing Spider-Man, Mark Waid for Flash as well as his run on Fantastic Four with the late great Weiringo, Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams for Batman, the list goes on. I love the characters in Marvel and DC, and when they are respected, they truly shine. I'll read Marvel and DC comics if, like you said, I like the writers and artists. Now, the entire Marvel universe is swirling down the sh!itter while DC's crisis screwed a lot up in my book. Independent comics truly are the way to go for me. Although I stopped picking up comics altogether, my brother hasn't, and occasionally I read what he picks up. So I still get to keep up with B.P.R.D. and Goon and such. I'm really gonna miss Turtles though. I LOVE the Turtles.

I haven't read comics regularly for about a year, but I'm sure that Geoff Johns is still knocking it out of the park. Flash, JSA, Teen Titans, Green Lantern, quality all around.