Walmart figure swapped out

Weaponry

I was at Wal-Mart tonight, and someone had taken one of the Viper figures out and replaced it with Chuckles. That seemed odd since I thought Chuckles was hard to find. I think it was Chuckles since it had on a flowered blue shirt, but it had a helmet over his face and came with a dog.

In the days of JvC I could sort of understand repacking, since you had to buy two figures if you wanted to army build one... but nowadays, you can essentially get whatever figure you want by itself... so it's sort of a lame thing to do. The only time I'll look at a repack and go "Oh yeah, I get that." is if it's something like the one-desired-figure-in-a-five-pack thing.

Tom

In the days of JvC I could sort of understand repacking, since you had to buy two figures if you wanted to army build one... but nowadays, you can essentially get whatever figure you want by itself... so it's sort of a lame thing to do. The only time I'll look at a repack and go "Oh yeah, I get that." is if it's something like the one-desired-figure-in-a-five-pack thing. Tom
Hmm, the only thing I think when I find a swapped out figure is "Hey, another shoplifting douche-bag who thinks he's to good to actually pay for his toys."

Your response kind of alarms me, Tom. You don't actually condone this kind of thing, do you?

This is not a judgement or an attempt to 'flame' the thread, it just surprised me that you're saying that you 'understand repacking' is all. Just not something I expect to hear from the folks here.

I look at he whole stupid scenario like this....

bh.jpg

WTF???

If your so tight on funds that you have to resort to stealing (which this certainly is) then you have things more important to busy yourself with, instead of how to rip off toys from Walmart.

Yeah.. I'm the same way.. WTF???!!? There's a couple guys here that keep doing it with those cheap $1 figures at WM(CORPS!)... There's one guy and that's all he does, then there's another that does it with vintage figures, that's an even bigger WTF.. but most of them are old crappier ones... but still... If he wanted money, sell them on ebay to get a couple bucks.. sheesh. I just wish employees were smarter when it came to this though.. it's kinda simple, it's open, don't take it back, or if it's taped up with scotch tape, don't put it on the freakin' peg... oh well.. I'm still waiting for the day where I buy that one vehicle that I've been waiting and waiting for and the box is filled with a Barbie or Bratz pink airplane/limo or something worse.. BRICKS!!!

The only part, ONLY PART, that would I would even slightly condone is the fact that it rips off Walmart, which, even though it helps us in our figure collecting, is still an evil corporation...

But seriously, it is pretty dumb. But I do think Walmart is evil. Even though I shop there all the time. I'm a complicated individual...

The only part, ONLY PART, that would I would even slightly condone is the fact that it rips off Walmart, which, even though it helps us in our figure collecting, is still an evil corporation...

:rolleyes: oh brother! Here we go!

But seriously, it is pretty dumb. But I do think Walmart is evil. Even though I shop there all the time. I'm a complicated individual...

The only reason you probably think Walmart is evil, is because you've heard the liberal mouthpieces on the news report all the grievances against them, by either disgruntled employees, disgruntled FIRED employees and the UNIONS that seek them out because they're thirsty for Walmarts "blood" (aka profits) and can't hardly STAND not being able to get their teeth into'em just YET?

Walmart gives jobs to a lot of people, and to a lot of people that probably wouldn't find work elsewhere, due to physical and even mental disabilities, that other companies with a more stringent hiring policy and higher expectation and DEMAND of work performance (due to the higher wage they're paying) wouldn't even give the time of day to.

If your so tight on funds that you have to resort to stealing (which this certainly is) then you have things more important to busy yourself with, instead of how to rip off toys from Walmart.

The idea in the swapper's head is that, if they have enough stores around them, that they can essentially buy and return a steady stream of items, and essentially pay only ONCE for the thing--and just pilfer the stuff they want and return the stuff they don't. Its like its some kind of zero-sum game to them, and they think they are building an entire collection for practically nothing.

The idea in the swapper's head is that, if they have enough stores around them, that they can essentially buy and return a steady stream of items, and essentially pay only ONCE for the thing--and just pilfer the stuff they want and return the stuff they don't. Its like its some kind of zero-sum game to them, and they think they are building an entire collection for practically nothing.

Scary ain't it?

:rolleyes: oh brother! Here we go!

The only reason you probably think Walmart is evil, is because you've heard the liberal mouthpieces on the news report all the grievances against them, by either disgruntled employees, disgruntled FIRED employees and the UNIONS that seek them out because they're thirsty for Walmarts "blood" (aka profits) and can't hardly STAND not being able to get their teeth into'em just YET?

Walmart gives jobs to a lot of people, and to a lot of people that probably wouldn't find work elsewhere, due to physical and even mental disabilities, that other companies with a more stringent hiring policy and higher expectation and DEMAND of work performance (due to the higher wage they're paying) wouldn't even give the time of day to.

You're right there VH. Anyone who thinks Wal-Mart is evil should watch the Penn and Teller's BS episode where they attack the people who attack Wal-Mart. It's hilarious and insightful. I grew up in a pretty rural area, and if it wasn't for Wal-Mart, my mom wouldn't have had a steady job for over 20 years.

Enough of that though. As far as figure swapping goes, everytime I see it, it just cheeses me off. I actually don't see it very often here in Denver. Every once in a while I'll run across a Joe that's been swapped, but only Joes. I've never seen a DCUC or any other line with a swap.

Scary ain't it?

Yep, because it tends to embolden them enough to move from relatively "victim-less crimes" (like swapping toys)to trying enough more daring swaps and scams with higher-priced ticket items--where they usually trip up and get caught. Everyone loves the idea of something for nothing, but its ludicrous to expect it, or even demand it, as these folks believe.

They are thieves, period.

And as an aside, I love Walmart. I choose to shop there and I don't care about all the crap talk the company gets. I tend to not put principles before consumption--especially when I need to stretch a dollar--and Walmart tends to help me stretch that dollar with their pricing and products.

I've got a camera feature on my cell phone now, and while I've not witnessed the figure swapping thing on any kind of a LARGE scale, the times I have seen it, I wish I would have taken a picture of it, as it was just soooooo incredibly lame and OBVIOUS, but then that's to my EYE and not to any retail employee.

The most recent example of one, was probably a year ago and was the figure assortment that included Quick-Kick with it, and I remember looking at it and not noticing right away why it looked strange and then I finally figured out that Quick-Kick was missing and one other in the lot and replaced with other 25th figures of less interest. All I could think was "you've got to be F-ing kidding me?"

These people have no shame. Huge gigantic BALLS, but no shame!

I just don't trust big corporations. I know they employ a lot of people, and that Walmart does do a lot of good for communities, and they even recycle their bags (and encourage people to bring their bags to Walmart so they can recycle them for you) and have this whole Green thing they do, but still. Big corporation.

I just don't trust big corporations. I know they employ a lot of people, and that Walmart does do a lot of good for communities, and they even recycle their bags (and encourage people to bring their bags to Walmart so they can recycle them for you) and have this whole Green thing they do, but still. Big corporation.

Do you own a car?

Do you use Microsoft software?

Do you use light bulbs from GE?

Do you drink Coca Cola or Pepsi?

Do you eat at fast food places like McDonalds?

Then you actually DO trust big corporations.

See, your statement that you don't trust big corporations is just more of the "trendy" hypocritical bashing that companies like Walmart gets. Do they do things in a roughshod fashion? YES, they do. But so do the large corporations that bring you any of the above listed things (and more) and yet, one never reads rants about the scummy business practices of McDonalds, big motor companies etc like they do Walmart.

I'm not saying this to jump to the defense of Walmart, I'm saying this to encourage you to think for yourself and not just parrot the popular, trendy line.

Do you own a car?

See, your statement that you don't trust big corporations is just more of the "trendy" hypocritical bashing that companies like Walmart gets. Do they do things in a roughshod fashion? YES, they do. But so do the large corporations that bring you any of the above listed things (and more) and yet, one never reads rants about the scummy business practices of McDonalds, big motor companies etc like they do Walmart.

I'm not saying this to jump to the defense of Walmart, I'm saying this to encourage you to think for yourself and not just parrot the popular, trendy line.

We're in the middle of a culture that has been taught to look negatively on religion, on politics, on big business, on big CORPORATIONS and anything that is deemed in "control" of our lives, from our very own parents, to the local police, politicans, preachers and business owners that make money and hire our sorry azzes. They ALL have control over us in some form or fashion so it's just a constant rebellion to wage agaisnt society in general.

It's no wonder we're such a drugged up and medicated society anymore. ^_^ so much to fret about. FIGHT THE POWER!

Do you own a car?

We're in the middle of a culture that has been taught to look negatively on religion, on politics, on big business, on big CORPORATIONS and anything that is deemed in "control" of our lives, from our very own parents, to the local police, politicans, preachers and business owners that make money and hire our sorry azzes. They ALL have control over us in some form or fashion so it's just a constant rebellion to wage agaisnt society in general.

It's no wonder we're such a drugged up and medicated society anymore. happy.gif so much to fret about. FIGHT THE POWER!

Uhm, okaaaaay.

Do you own a car?

It's no wonder we're such a drugged up and medicated society anymore. happy.gif so much to fret about. FIGHT THE POWER!

Uhm, okaaaaay.

You came all the way over here to offer that?

alllllllllllrighty then!

awwww...flippancy! ^_^

While I do think swapping is wrong, I can see walking into a store and seeing a swapped figure and maybe buying it depending on the condition. I am not even saying that is right. What my observation is that most stores do not even bother to look at what is coming back and what condition just so long as you have a receipt and they can match the item to. My brother bought two VCR/DVD players from two different Walmarts and they were both used yet repacked and sold as new. Hell, one still had a tape in it. Just the other day I bought a magazine for my dad and found that he had it alreday. I went to return it expecting to get a hassle have them say that I cannot return because I could have just read and returned for the day. They just took the receipt matched it to the magazine and gave me my money. This happens everywhere and you can point it out to the stores as much as you want it will still be a repeat problem. If I saw a Chuckles in a Viper card I would probably buy if the condition is good. It is just something you have to roll with.

If I saw a Chuckles in a Viper card I would probably buy if the condition is good. It is just something you have to roll with.

I'd probably buy it also, as Chuckles only comes with the multi pack, and if I didn't already have it, that would certainly be a cheaper alternative. Most times though, it's not such a figure as that, and probably something nobody wants at all.

friday I got city strike snake-eyes and in the gijoe section at wal-mart their was a cobra commander with a neo-viper head and an arctic storm shadow with a snow serpent head and legs @loll@

Wow!

I go away for a few days and this topic went and blew up! XD

I should say that while I don't approve of the practice, I can understand it. I buy most of my stuff on-line and a character flaw I have is that I'm ultimately selfish, so the impact repacking has on Grand-ma-ma buying a birthday present for Billy doesn't connect with me.

Maybe because it hasn't bitten me yet, I don't mind the snake in my house. But I don't see why I should. It's NOT going to change. I may as well get mad at the sun for setting because it's been such a nice day so far.

Even if Wal-mart or Target puts their toys behind glass and you need an associate to release them, they can still be swapped. The customer service people - 95% of the time - have evidence in the form of the box to figure out whether or not the item it complete or accurate. But get enough bitchy moms complaining about the baby stroller they want to return, or the nasty old man who doesn't understand he can only get store credit, and ultimately you don't care if this toy you're taking back has Destro v1 instead of Destro v2 in it.

Like I initially said... if Hasbro releases Resolute Snake Eyes with four recolored Neo Vipers... then yes, I wouldn't be all that stunned or judgemental if I walked down the aisle and saw a JvC Kamakura stuffed in Snake Eyes' slot. But if anyone were to replace the single pack City Strike Snake Eyes with that same Kamakura... well, that's just cheap, lazy and a little too far.

Tom

• Like 1

A little off topic, but this thread reminded me of some woman who bought her kid, I think it was a PSP, and the box was full of rocks. Some guy had bought it, filled the box with rocks and returned it. What I didn't get was...how do you not notice rocks? Wouldn't you hear them rattling and stuff?

I mention it because, a lot of times, Walmart doesn't give a crap. I return legitimately broken items and say as much only to find it on the shelf a day or 2 later.