Ask your questions for Mattel's January Q&A Round

JayC

(Asking this, because Mattel doesn't seem to understand what the past question makers are trying to say.)

DCUC:

There seems to be a mis-understanding at Mattel when it comes to the hopes of fans getting Gentle Ghost from the DCUC line. Mattel says the character is not a kid favorite, although released more than once in the children-focused Brave and the Bold line. The character also made an appearance in the JLU line. Maybe the character isn't desired enough for a re-release in the DCUC line, but then what do what appears to be more and more collectors to in an effort to build the wave 8 Giganta when the very essential parts are missing? We played the marketing game of buying all the needed figures even though some are very undesirable, and now we just want to be able to complete the build a figure. Better case assortments from Mattel would have helped fix this issue, and while being improved in future releases, does nothing for fans and collectors now.

• 3 weeks later...

DCUC

1. With the over abundance of popularity towards Green Lantern recently is there any chance of a reissue of Sinestro in his Sinestro corps uniform?

2. The Lanterns that come with Hal Jordan and Sinestro look a bit off in color any chance of repaint of them (perhaps with a metallic paint coating)?

3. Any thoughts on just an Green Lantern, Sinesto Corps Constructs accessory pack Or some flight stands in green and yellow.

Thanks

Nick

MOTUC

Given the shopping cart issues during the Matty Collector sale on February 16th, what steps will be taken to fix the problem of being able to add an item to your shopping cart and go directly to paying for it and have it be sold out before you can finish paying?

On the official Matty Collector forums, support for advance pre-orders(pre-orders placed before the quantity of figures to produce is determined) is very high. Would you be willing to consider doing pre-orders?

TMNT:

With NECA failing to deliver any figures past the 4 Ninja Turtles, would Mattel be interested in acquiring the license for comic-based TMNT figures once it is available? This would seem like a great fit as a Matty Collector exclusive line considering how popular the Four Horsemen sculpted NECA figures were with fans and the depth of the TMNT comic universe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's say that someone at Mattel comes to Toy Guru and says, " The next DCUC line is yours to decide. You can pick whatever hero from whatever decade in any look you would like."

What would Toy Guru choose?

Who would be his choices for the figures and who would be his choice for the collect and connect.

• 1 month later...

The Retro Action style of toy makes sense for DC characters, since they resemble the old Mego toys. Why use that style for The Real Ghostbusters when the 6" scale is far more suitable for them? To me, they look quite goofy.

• 1 month later...

so last night i was watching the best batman movie that is out there: batman mask of the phantasm and i was wondering. we got batman beyond terry in figure form and how about the phantasm? guys always want more girls to add to their collection. i guess you know that by now. andrea would be a perfect figure to add to the dcuc? is there a possibility? do you even have the rights for this character? other question, i have to ask again. conduit? when is he coming? come on.... seriously. he has to be made.

• 6 months later...

now that their making a movie superman and have the 12 inch frame for superbodies , i was wondering if for the collectors at least it not for mass retail could we see a 12 inch superhero comic line i'd love to see a 12 inch batman based on comic art and a superman or green lantern. i know dc direct does 13 inch and tries to say it's 1/6 scale but it's crap and overpriced crap to say the least. so how bout it a 12 inch bat-man based on neal adams art work that be so cool