Can the Atom GROW in size?

Cmdr_Y

Of course if the Atom shrinks down he has to be able to grow larger, but was it ever shown that he could grow larger than his normal size? Either Palmer or Choi?

I was planning on making a 12 inch tall custom, but then I got to thinking more and I don't think he's ever been shown to increase in size beyond normal.

Are Apache Chief and Giganta the only two DC characters that grow in size?

Of course if the Atom shrinks down he has to be able to grow larger, but was it ever shown that he could grow larger than his normal size? Either Palmer or Choi?

I was planning on making a 12 inch tall custom, but then I got to thinking more and I don't think he's ever been shown to increase in size beyond normal.

The correct answer is, sure, if you want him to, why the hell not.

I checked the wiki too, but I wanted to touch base with the other fans as you guys might know of something that isn't in the wiki.

I think I will go ahead and make the custom anyway. I got a cheap SDCC Giants of Justice Flash that I think will make a great base for the figure.

Thanks for all the responses!

If I remember correctly, I believe he could briefly in his Teen Titans incarnation, but that's been awhile.

As to other DC characters that grow, there's Atom Smasher, Elasti-Girl (Doom Patrol), & Colossal Boy (Legion) that come to mind. Plus the Spectre has used giant-size from time to time also.

No but he did show up once on a cover of a Justice League comic giant-sized.

The comic story took place in a sub-atomic universe!

If it was a different universe it does not count as the regular people in that universe could be really really small @loll@ Anyways I find it odd someone would do a custom on a character they hardly know anything about!

Yes, during his "Titans" period the Atom could supersize himself.

However, I'm pretty sure that power has gone the way of Superman's anti-dirt force-field and soul vision.

(Soul Vision? This is why I stopped reading comics.) @grumpy@

Did he grow in that period? I try to forget about that time in comics....

No but he did show up once on a cover of a Justice League comic giant-sized.

The comic story took place in a sub-atomic universe!

If it was a different universe it does not count as the regular people in that universe could be really really small @loll@ Anyways I find it odd someone would do a custom on a character they hardly know anything about!

Actually, I am fairly familiar with the character, I just didn't know if he had been shown to grow larger than normal. I've read plenty of stories with him and about him. I recalled no mention of him growing larger than normal, but also no mention that he couldn't. That's why I asked.

• 5 weeks later...

Apparently he can at least grow to about twice his normal size. ;)

Hopefully everyone can see the picture. I still need to add the Atom symbol on his forward and put in a few details, but here he is - mostly done!

He's built off the Giants of Justice Flash figure. The articulation was surprisingly limited, but still fits in well.

post-2073-12622755182365_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Apparently he can at least grow to about twice his normal size. ;)

Hopefully everyone can see the picture. I still need to add the Atom symbol on his forward and put in a few details, but here he is - mostly done!

He's built off the Giants of Justice Flash figure. The articulation was surprisingly limited, but still fits in well.

Yow! It looks like Boba Fett is going to shoot the Atom in the head!