Jump to content
I AM SCI-FI

FIRE THE CASTING DIRECTOR FOR THOR!

Recommended Posts

I'm just going to compare movies to the ultimate comics where everything is different than the original and nothing but character names are the same.like Godzilla fans calling the the 99 movie GINO(godzilla in name only) so marvel movies would be called MINO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its funny I don't hate GINO actually. It was a decent B movie, it shouldn't have been called Godzilla though. It was more like a remake of the beast from 20,000 fathoms.

 

Anyways I don't understand why a race swap would be necessary since Sam Jackson is in the movie. The movie wasn't going to be all white.

 

 

Ah well, atleast its not a major character. The funniest PC crap I've seen was in the Spectacular Spider-man cartoon. Liz seemed like a racial stereotype, the exact opposite of what was intended lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its funny I don't hate GINO actually. It was a decent B movie, it shouldn't have been called Godzilla though. It was more like a remake of the beast from 20,000 fathoms.

 

Anyways I don't understand why a race swap would be necessary since Sam Jackson is in the movie. The movie wasn't going to be all white.

 

 

Ah well, atleast its not a major character. The funniest PC crap I've seen was in the Spectacular Spider-man cartoon. Liz seemed like a racial stereotype, the exact opposite of what was intended lol.

 

GINO, now known as Zilla is considered canon if l am not mistaken. In the recent Godzilla movie, he gets whipped badly by the OG

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX27v3yjbQQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 98 movie is still called GINO by most fans. The name Zilla was just used for the monster in Final Wars, which was actually worse than the 98 movie.

 

I know but I was referring to the monster and not the movie; the Zilla name has been canonized to refer to the American Godzilla monster

 

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 98 movie is still called GINO by most fans. The name Zilla was just used for the monster in Final Wars, which was actually worse than the 98 movie.

 

I know but I was referring to the monster and not the movie; the Zilla name has been canonized to refer to the American Godzilla monster

 

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zilla

actually zilla was the one that hatched out of the egg in end of the 98 film atleast according to godzilla the series and the adult one becomes mecha zilla I wonder why that cartoon didn't last to long on foxkids

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm dumbfounded by the amount of people who have referred to Thor as a minor character. he's one of the original Avengers and still among the all-time big three. Thor is awesome and I'm pissed that they got a black guy to play him. you can call me racist, but you'd be wrong. I just really like Thor and I'm not looking forward to drastic, unnessecary and flat out nonsensical changes. give me one good reason why he should be black. Idris is a good actor, sure, but is he SO good that he ruined the role for someone who fit the part better physically? was there just not a single actor available who might fit the description of one of Marvel's oldest and greatest? no, he was cast (if he in fact is really cast and this isn't a rumor that has gotten way out of hand) because he's black and that's baloney. we're comic book fans, we're drawn to visuals, or else we'd just read novels. we need a new Thor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm dumbfounded by the amount of people who have referred to Thor as a minor character. he's one of the original Avengers and still among the all-time big three. Thor is awesome and I'm pissed that they got a black guy to play him. you can call me racist, but you'd be wrong. I just really like Thor and I'm not looking forward to drastic, unnessecary and flat out nonsensical changes. give me one good reason why he should be black. Idris is a good actor, sure, but is he SO good that he ruined the role for someone who fit the part better physically? was there just not a single actor available who might fit the description of one of Marvel's oldest and greatest? no, he was cast (if he in fact is really cast and this isn't a rumor that has gotten way out of hand) because he's black and that's baloney. we're comic book fans, we're drawn to visuals, or else we'd just read novels. we need a new Thor.

 

 

Uh, I know reading comprehension is tough and all, but Thor is NOT being played by a black actor.

 

A black actor is being considered to play the character of Heimdall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm dumbfounded by the amount of people who have referred to Thor as a minor character. he's one of the original Avengers and still among the all-time big three. Thor is awesome and I'm pissed that they got a black guy to play him. you can call me racist, but you'd be wrong. I just really like Thor and I'm not looking forward to drastic, unnessecary and flat out nonsensical changes. give me one good reason why he should be black. Idris is a good actor, sure, but is he SO good that he ruined the role for someone who fit the part better physically? was there just not a single actor available who might fit the description of one of Marvel's oldest and greatest? no, he was cast (if he in fact is really cast and this isn't a rumor that has gotten way out of hand) because he's black and that's baloney. we're comic book fans, we're drawn to visuals, or else we'd just read novels. we need a new Thor.

 

Since you're such a huge Thor fan you probably already knew that Chris Hemsworth was cast as Thor in May and you're just jerkin' our chain with this stupid comment. Maybe you can take the $10 you were gonna spend on the Thor movie and buy yourself a "Reading for Dummies" book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm dumbfounded by the amount of people who have referred to Thor as a minor character. he's one of the original Avengers and still among the all-time big three. Thor is awesome and I'm pissed that they got a black guy to play him. you can call me racist, but you'd be wrong. I just really like Thor and I'm not looking forward to drastic, unnessecary and flat out nonsensical changes. give me one good reason why he should be black. Idris is a good actor, sure, but is he SO good that he ruined the role for someone who fit the part better physically? was there just not a single actor available who might fit the description of one of Marvel's oldest and greatest? no, he was cast (if he in fact is really cast and this isn't a rumor that has gotten way out of hand) because he's black and that's baloney. we're comic book fans, we're drawn to visuals, or else we'd just read novels. we need a new Thor.

 

Since you're such a huge Thor fan you probably already knew that Chris Hemsworth was cast as Thor in May and you're just jerkin' our chain with this stupid comment. Maybe you can take the $10 you were gonna spend on the Thor movie and buy yourself a "Reading for Dummies" book.

 

I did not know Chris Hemsworth was cast as Thor. I did skim the thread and obviously misinterpreted what was said. I then spoke out of turn and gave my opinion on a topic that I had not accurately read through. I'm obviously the first one to ever do that here, so I apologize. I also want to thank you both for being so welcoming and offering your sharp wit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm dumbfounded by the amount of people who have referred to Thor as a minor character. he's one of the original Avengers and still among the all-time big three. Thor is awesome and I'm pissed that they got a black guy to play him. you can call me racist, but you'd be wrong. I just really like Thor and I'm not looking forward to drastic, unnessecary and flat out nonsensical changes. give me one good reason why he should be black. Idris is a good actor, sure, but is he SO good that he ruined the role for someone who fit the part better physically? was there just not a single actor available who might fit the description of one of Marvel's oldest and greatest? no, he was cast (if he in fact is really cast and this isn't a rumor that has gotten way out of hand) because he's black and that's baloney. we're comic book fans, we're drawn to visuals, or else we'd just read novels. we need a new Thor.

 

Since you're such a huge Thor fan you probably already knew that Chris Hemsworth was cast as Thor in May and you're just jerkin' our chain with this stupid comment. Maybe you can take the $10 you were gonna spend on the Thor movie and buy yourself a "Reading for Dummies" book.

 

I did not know Chris Hemsworth was cast as Thor. I did skim the thread and obviously misinterpreted what was said. I then spoke out of turn and gave my opinion on a topic that I had not accurately read through. I'm obviously the first one to ever do that here, so I apologize. I also want to thank you both for being so welcoming and offering your sharp wit.

 

Yes, my wit IS sharp....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still crap that their doing this even with a minor character what's next a east indian playing wolverine or how about a japanese guy playing daniel ketch or how about a mexican man playing the shadow

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still crap that their doing this even with a minor character what's next a east indian playing wolverine or how about a japanese guy playing daniel ketch or how about a mexican man playing the shadow

 

Just wondering. Would you feel the same way if they cast a white actor for a major character who is a minority? Just that race changes happen a lot but more ppl seems to be concerned when it is a minority playing a caucassian character rather than the other way around.

 

I remember my friend was pissed when the caucassian female named Priest replaces Chapel in the Spawn movie despite that not a lot of people cared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm dumbfounded by the amount of people who have referred to Thor as a minor character. he's one of the original Avengers and still among the all-time big three. Thor is awesome and I'm pissed that they got a black guy to play him. you can call me racist, but you'd be wrong. I just really like Thor and I'm not looking forward to drastic, unnessecary and flat out nonsensical changes. give me one good reason why he should be black. Idris is a good actor, sure, but is he SO good that he ruined the role for someone who fit the part better physically? was there just not a single actor available who might fit the description of one of Marvel's oldest and greatest? no, he was cast (if he in fact is really cast and this isn't a rumor that has gotten way out of hand) because he's black and that's baloney. we're comic book fans, we're drawn to visuals, or else we'd just read novels. we need a new Thor.

 

Since you're such a huge Thor fan you probably already knew that Chris Hemsworth was cast as Thor in May and you're just jerkin' our chain with this stupid comment. Maybe you can take the $10 you were gonna spend on the Thor movie and buy yourself a "Reading for Dummies" book.

 

I did not know Chris Hemsworth was cast as Thor. I did skim the thread and obviously misinterpreted what was said. I then spoke out of turn and gave my opinion on a topic that I had not accurately read through. I'm obviously the first one to ever do that here, so I apologize. I also want to thank you both for being so welcoming and offering your sharp wit.

 

Yes, my wit IS sharp....

 

sharp as a whip...or a bowling ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so you know, I am black and I HATE when they change characters from one race to another. Norse God's are white, their very name represents white people (Nordic). Its not about being racist, its just accurate. Didn't like the Kingpin being black either, it is so forced its annoying.

 

I gotta disagree with you about the Kingpin. There was just no important reason for him to be white. It's a really different situation from Heimdall, in my book. They maintained the essence of the character with Kingpin (sorta fat and buff at the same time, dressed well, intelligent, ruthless). The skin color was superficial there.

 

Can you think of a well known white actor who was better suited for Kingpin?

 

...they could have found one but Kingpin is a well established WHITE criminal, so why make him black? because blacks are criminals and whites are heroes? If these characters are established in fiction as a certain race they should stick to it in film. Granted minority heroes are vastly underrepresented in comics but that shouldn't force hollywood to change the race of decades old characters. Instead, they should start using more minorities in other films as leading roles, but lets not start making Wally West black or Blade white.

 

Because Kingpin is big and so is Duncan.

 

And as for Wolverine I would much rather he be shorter than Cyke than be white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still crap that their doing this even with a minor character what's next a east indian playing wolverine or how about a japanese guy playing daniel ketch or how about a mexican man playing the shadow

 

Just wondering. Would you feel the same way if they cast a white actor for a major character who is a minority? Just that race changes happen a lot but more ppl seems to be concerned when it is a minority playing a caucassian character rather than the other way around.

 

I remember my friend was pissed when the caucassian female named Priest replaces Chapel in the Spawn movie despite that not a lot of people cared.

I'd feel the same way race changing is just stupid it kindof worked for Nick fury in the ultimate comics but theese films are supposed to be based off the original not ultimate and hollywood just over does it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF?!?! :angry:

 

Oh that's it! Enough PC bullshit! Heimdal is not black, he's Norse! I am so sick of this nonsense! It's not bad enough they're going with that stupid padded leather suit and beard for Thor, and not the classic Kirby Thor, but this is the last straw. If this casting stands (a black Heimdall), I'll be boycotting this stupid movie even though Thor is my all time favorite character! :angry:

 

Cjflan32 wrote:

 

For all the geniuses out there who are still bitching about Michael Clarke Duncan playing Wilson Fisk we're still waiting for you to name one white guy with the body type to play him. That's why Duncan was chosen.

 

Like they couldn't have had a casting call? You're claiming that there is no white guy in the country that is built the same way? Gimme a break!

 

Not a single one of you has gone apeshit over Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. And don't tell me that abomination called the Ultimate Universe is representative of Marvel. Whoever started this thread should be just as pissed at that as they are about Idris Elba playing Heimdall.

 

I sure did! I am 100% against these stupid race changes. And why is it that they always change the white characters into black characters? Why not change them into Mexican or Asian characters? That never happens. Better yet, why don't they ever change a black character into a white character? Having a black Kingpin is about as stupid and offensive as having a white guy playing the Black Panther, or a Hispanic guy playing the Mandarin. Yeah, the black Nick Fury issue pisses me off, and it's made worse by the fact that Samuel Jackson is a pathetic, one-note actor.

 

If he guards the Bifrost Bridge he's still Heimdall, regardless of what he looks like.

 

Bullshit. Heimdall is Norse, ie white. If he's black, he's not Heimdall. He's just Hollywood's attempt at placing a token black guy in the movie, which should be as offensive to blacks as it is to whites. :angry:

 

H3llfish wrote:

 

I don't believe that anyone did "force" Hollywood to change anything. They just wanted to do it because they value diversity.

 

I despise the Cult of Diversity Worship. It's PC idiocy at its worst.

 

You haven't said one word yet about why it's so important to you that the white folks stay white. Why? It's just skin color. It doesn't matter too much to me. It seems like it's pretty important to you. Why?

 

Answering this for myself, it's important that white characters stay white for teh same reason that it's important that Asian characters stay Asian and black characters stay black. The reason? ACCURACY and FAITHFULNESS. I want the characters I used to read in comic books on the big screen, not some PC-run-amok Diversity Worship bullshit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF?!?! :angry:

 

Oh that's it! Enough PC bullshit! Heimdal is not black, he's Norse! I am so sick of this nonsense! It's not bad enough they're going with that stupid padded leather suit and beard for Thor, and not the classic Kirby Thor, but this is the last straw. If this casting stands (a black Heimdall), I'll be boycotting this stupid movie even though Thor is my all time favorite character! :angry:

 

Cjflan32 wrote:

 

For all the geniuses out there who are still bitching about Michael Clarke Duncan playing Wilson Fisk we're still waiting for you to name one white guy with the body type to play him. That's why Duncan was chosen.

 

Like they couldn't have had a casting call? You're claiming that there is no white guy in the country that is built the same way? Gimme a break!

 

Not a single one of you has gone apeshit over Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. And don't tell me that abomination called the Ultimate Universe is representative of Marvel. Whoever started this thread should be just as pissed at that as they are about Idris Elba playing Heimdall.

 

I sure did! I am 100% against these stupid race changes. And why is it that they always change the white characters into black characters? Why not change them into Mexican or Asian characters? That never happens. Better yet, why don't they ever change a black character into a white character? Having a black Kingpin is about as stupid and offensive as having a white guy playing the Black Panther, or a Hispanic guy playing the Mandarin. Yeah, the black Nick Fury issue pisses me off, and it's made worse by the fact that Samuel Jackson is a pathetic, one-note actor.

 

If he guards the Bifrost Bridge he's still Heimdall, regardless of what he looks like.

 

Bullshit. Heimdall is Norse, ie white. If he's black, he's not Heimdall. He's just Hollywood's attempt at placing a token black guy in the movie, which should be as offensive to blacks as it is to whites. :angry:

 

H3llfish wrote:

 

I don't believe that anyone did "force" Hollywood to change anything. They just wanted to do it because they value diversity.

 

I despise the Cult of Diversity Worship. It's PC idiocy at its worst.

 

You haven't said one word yet about why it's so important to you that the white folks stay white. Why? It's just skin color. It doesn't matter too much to me. It seems like it's pretty important to you. Why?

 

Answering this for myself, it's important that white characters stay white for teh same reason that it's important that Asian characters stay Asian and black characters stay black. The reason? ACCURACY and FAITHFULNESS. I want the characters I used to read in comic books on the big screen, not some PC-run-amok Diversity Worship bullshit!

 

but Xorr tell us how you really feel. @loll@

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not bad enough they're going with that stupid padded leather suit and beard for Thor, and not the classic Kirby Thor,

 

 

Well really if you want accuracy as much as you claim shouldn't Thor be bearded? Seems pretty Norseman or Norsegod like to me. A clean shaven Thor to me is like a clean shaven viking. It just doesn't seem right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not bad enough they're going with that stupid padded leather suit and beard for Thor, and not the classic Kirby Thor,

 

 

Well really if you want accuracy as much as you claim shouldn't Thor be bearded? Seems pretty Norseman or Norsegod like to me. A clean shaven Thor to me is like a clean shaven viking. It just doesn't seem right.

 

And Thor has been bearded before, in the well-regarded Walt Simonson issues, no less--so its not a new thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FlyingFigg wrote:

 

Well really if you want accuracy as much as you claim shouldn't Thor be bearded? Seems pretty Norseman or Norsegod like to me. A clean shaven Thor to me is like a clean shaven viking. It just doesn't seem right.

 

We're not talking about historical accuracy here. If that were the case, Thor would have a big red beard. We're talking about a specific comic book character who is clean shaven with long blond hair. And that's how he should look in the movie. Likewise, Heimdall needs to be white. There is no compelling reason to change that.

 

Arrow wrote:

 

And Thor has been bearded before, in the well-regarded Walt Simonson issues, no less--so its not a new thing.

 

He grew that beard only temporarily, and only then to hide the scars given to him by Hela. For almost the entire history of the character's existence, he was clean shaven.

 

I'm simply not interested in a "modern Thor interpretation", or a pointless, non-needed race-changing stunt in order to appease the Cult of Diversity Worship, who are all crazy people. I want a faithful movie. That's not asking much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE