I'm done!!

Lady Jaye

True, but just a lil over a year ago, they were 11 dollars with tax!! Now they're reaching 14 dollars and when they enact the price hike, 15 bucks without tax!! That's a damn shame!!! I do think they're trying to set it up so that they can take the sales online!!! 893Grumpy-thumb.gif But yeah, they have always been over minimum wage, it was just that before it wasn't that much over!!!

You're a blahblahblahblah. First, the price of manufacturing and tooling toys is only going to go up because the materials are getting more expensive. That's going to be reflected in the retail price. It's called making a profit. A bottle of soda used to cost 5 cents. Now it's upwards of a dollar. Do you think that's because the companies are trying to push soda sales online? No, it's called inflation and manufacturing cost increases.

Second, part of the hobby is spending way too much money on insignificant crap that only serves to make you happy. If the hobby's too expensive for you, my advice is to blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

Or you could just blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahI'm sure that will really help. blahhhh

Edit by Card- okay kids, lets play nice, no need for name calling.

• Like 1

BUT for my main reason for chiming in... POWER GIRL. She didn't sell too well on this Black Friday as there were pegs and pegs of this line at every Walmart that I went to. Hopefully we'll see some nice clearance prices this year.

That stinks.

Just more fuel for the "female figures don't sell" bean counters. sad.gif

soupson.gif

351wq42.jpg

True, but just a lil over a year ago, they were 11 dollars with tax!! Now they're reaching 14 dollars and when they enact the price hike, 15 bucks without tax!! That's a damn shame!!! I do think they're trying to set it up so that they can take the sales online!!! @grumpy@ But yeah, they have always been over minimum wage, it was just that before it wasn't that much over!!!

You're a @##@@ idiot. First, the price of manufacturing and tooling toys is only going to go up because the materials are getting more expensive. That's going to be reflected in the retail price. It's called making a profit. A bottle of soda used to cost 5 cents. Now it's upwards of a dollar. Do you think that's because the companies are trying to push soda sales online? No, it's called inflation and manufacturing cost increases.

Second, part of the hobby is spending way too much money on insignificant crap that only serves to make you happy. If the hobby's too expensive for you, my advice is to get a real job (no, cashier at Target doesn't count, guys). You'll be amazed what you can afford when you put forth some effort, learn a trade skill, and make more than minimum wage for once in your life. Give it a try.

Or you could just sit around and #@$#@ about life not being fair some more, I'm sure that will really help. Moron.

Quit it with the name calling

I cannot believe what happened today

We were putting out toys today after we unloaded the truck

A case of DCU the first I have seen in this Target since the winter showed up

It had a smorgasboard of figures I needed from all different wave

I have Flash and Hawkgirl put aside till I get paid

I cannot believe what happened today

We were putting out toys today after we unloaded the truck

A case of DCU the first I have seen in this Target since the winter showed up

It had a smorgasboard of figures I needed from all different wave

I have Flash and Hawkgirl put aside till I get paid

That's cool, but the Target near me pulled their Cyborgs and Wonder Woman figures from the shelf and the DCUC price label is gone as well.

Now it's naught but two rows of SBPE figures. @hmmm@

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well, well, you wouldn't believe who I just bought today???? Yup, you guessed it, most of wave 10!! I picked up: Joker, Power Girl, Beast Boy, Man Bat, & Robotman.

The only one I didn't find was Forager, and I left the black Batman on the shelves!! Aint that a kick in the nuts, I get out and I finally find them!!! Oh well, they will be up for sale now!!

The ones in red are spoken for. But the rest are available, except the "rare" figures. I'll sell them, but only after the rest are bought. Gotta save the best for last. Otherwise, I might be stuck with nothing but Supermen on my shelf!! @hmmm@ Just to let you guys know that more than likely, it won't be the same offer as the figures down below!!!

So the deal is this, they are all loose unless specified, they will come with their respective BAF piece, and will come at cost. The catch is, for every hard to find figure that you want, you'll have to pick 2 of the commons ones!! That way, you get a hard to find figure, I get rid of everything, but all at cost!! so it's win win!!!

The ones in red are spoken for already!! Until they've been paid for and shipped, consider them on hold!! They could come back, because of deal gone south so keep a heads up!!! But once they have been shipped, I'll take them off!!

Rare (Not available at this moment, but sometime in the future):

Amazo

Atom

Artemis (MOC)

Wal Mart Wave

Robotman(MOC)

Power Girl (MOC)

Man Bat (MOC)

Beast Boy(MOC)

Joker(MOC)

Hard to Find:

Bizarro (Superman line)

Aquaman (short hair)

Riddler

Black Adam

Dr. Fate

Deadshot

Hawkwoman

Harley Quinn

Captain Atom (gold variant, MOC)

Vigilante (MOC)

Parademon Red

Parademon Green (MOC)

Commons:

Cyborg

Mr. Impossible

Black Manta

Green Lantern

Sinestro

Booster Gold

Superman (Black Outfit)

Blue Beetle

Batman (wave 1)

Wonder Woman

Red Tornado

Firestorm

Superman (Red Elec)

Flash

Captain Cold

Shazam

Big Barda (regular)

Kid Flash

Hawkman

Well, there you go. How about that. As soon as you go and say, "Fork me, I'm done", they pull you right back in.

Although... you got them... but you don't want to collect DCUC anymore?!?... so I'm confused as to why you bought them.

Then again, one poster launches a violent attack against another and mods even copy and quote it more than once and all it gets is a slap on teh wrist, while my non violent post is deleted without so much as a explanation, and then someone leaves me a -1 for asking why lol, so this place doesn't make much sense to me anyway.

Although... you got them... but you don't want to collect DCUC anymore?!?... so I'm confused as to why you bought them.

Oh well, they will be up for sale now!!

Assuming LJ picked them up for either EBay fodder or to help folks here who still don't have them.

Well, there you go. How about that. As soon as you go and say, "Fork me, I'm done", they pull you right back in.

They're up for sale!! Same deal, at cost but ya gotta buy some commons!! That way I get rid of the entire collection!!!

Ah, ok. Whatever floats your gravy boat. Personally. I'm thinking of returning the following figures to a store because I'm thinking of getting rid of them, but trying to sell them or ebay probably isn't even worth the hassle.

I'll donate some extra, unused DCSH that are still in the packaging to a toy drive, but the quality control on many of the DCUC is so bad, I'd hate for some kid to get one and it breaks as soon as he opens it lol

DC Superheroes

Superman (black costume) x2

Steel (chrome "S" shield) x2

DC Universe Classics

Wave Two

Aquaman (short hair)

Wave Three

Sinestro (Sinestro Corps version)

Wave Five

Eradicator

Wave Nine

Mantis (comics version)

Wildcat (black costume with extra bubbly Chemo torso piece)

Wave Ten

Batman

Joker x2

Power Girl

Robotman

Well unless you bought them like in the last 90 days, more than likely some of those figures will have to be unloaded on ebay, like Eradicator!! But no problem, he'd probably go for a nice penny!!!

Well unless you bought them like in the last 90 days, more than likely some of those figures will have to be unloaded on ebay, like Eradicator!! But no problem, he'd probably go for a nice penny!!!

Yeah, I sold one on ebay for about a hundred dollars a few months ago. I was probably lucky to get that much for it. I only sold it though to be able to get some of Wave 9. As you said, they probably wouldn't refund the older figures.

Well, well, well, you wouldn't believe who I just bought today???? Yup, you guessed it, most of wave 10!! I picked up: Joker, Power Girl, Beast Boy, Man Bat, & Robotman.

The only one I didn't find was Forager, and I left the black Batman on the shelves!! Aint that a kick in the nuts, I get out and I finally find them!!! Oh well, they will be up for sale now!!

Haha - that's the way the universe works for me.

Watch, when I receive Gentleman Ghost the peg hooks around here will be filled with re-issues of him.

Sometimes karma just seems bent on sticking it in your eye.

P.S. I'm still interested in Bizarro and would be willing to broker a deal with him and Artemis down the road.

Man I keep looking at the Joker figure!! It looks so nice!!! How is the quality of plastic on wave 10??? The few I got and opened from wave 9 had the plastic kind of flimsy!! Is it still the same???

Must resist toys........ @hmmm@

Then again, one poster launches a violent attack against another and mods even copy and quote it more than once and all it gets is a slap on teh wrist, while my non violent post is deleted without so much as a explanation, and then someone leaves me a -1 for asking why lol, so this place doesn't make much sense to me anyway.

trust me, he got more than a slap on the wrist. And im not sure who deleted your post, usually we edit them unless its really bad. Dont sweat the small stuff, just keep the post on topic and have fun. If you notice any other post deleted just let me, clam or Wheeljack know and we can look into it.

With the ability to score wave 10 pretty much over, thus leaving several huge gaping holes in my collection, I'm done with this line in its entirety!!! I should not have to resort to ebay or fellow tni'ers clear across the country to get figures that should be at the local Wal Marts!!

I've already made a deal to sell off my most anticipated figure from the Giganta wave; Gentleman Ghost. I'll be selling off the rest soon, including Amazo, Atom, Deadshot, and Black Adam, but in order to make sure I sell everything off, will be pairing a HTF figure with 1 or 2 of the commons, as we used to say in the card biz!!! @smilepunch@

But, yup, I'm done with this line!! From sketchy paint apps, to mismatched parts, to the inability to find what I want when I want!! Finally to not having Joker, Power Girl, and hell most of wave 9, it's just too much!! Had I wanted Gleek that'd be another reason!! LOL!! Mattel just has a great line, but just let's it go to hell with the decisions they make!!! So with that, to hell with DCUC and to Mattel!!

Can't believe I almost contemplated getting into the MOTUC line, but I don't have time to sit around on the 15 of each month!!! Pfft!! Matty next time I see you I'm kicking your ass into next year!!! @hmmm@ #US1#

well, more john stewarts for me *picks up two john stewart figures and mashes them into eachother fighting* take that john stewart!!

i found a lone powergirl on the pegs along with the old wave of dc figures. lucky me XD i am not much on a DC collector. i'm more of a MARVEL but ever once in awhile if i find something worth getting such as a hard to find figure that i'm lucky too find i'll buy it.

i'm not quitting the line, its more of a 'i find it, i buy it' and while marvel legends is being pwned by marvel universe i'll focus on......marvel universe. - dc infinite heroes i'll get when the mood strikes me i hope for the new articulation to make me buy a lil bit more.

but hey...POWER GIRL! so lucky. ^w^ mmm....big bewbs...

Yeah, I sold one on ebay for about a hundred dollars a few months ago. I was probably lucky to get that much for it. I only sold it though to be able to get some of Wave 9. As you said, they probably wouldn't refund the older figures.

Im interested in your Sinestro Corps Sinestro. IF you still wish to get rid of it.

Well I ended up taking them back!!! I got over 75 bucks for them, and right there and then decided this is just too expensive a hobby!! I mean really, that much for a toy??? My collecting days are over I guess!! Funny, had I found them a month ago, I would have been ecstatic, now it was oh well look what I finally found, took em long enough!!

Oh and found 2 Power Girls at another Wal Mart. So they are finally reaching us here in Austin. Took em long enough!! Oh and 2 Targets I stopped by at yesterday expanded their pegs of DCUC??? They have a lot.....of space that is!! I expect some big shipments in soon!! Oh and TRU had none???

Rare (Not available at this moment, but sometime in the future):

Amazo

Atom

Artemis (MOC)

Hard to Find:

Bizarro (Superman line)

Aquaman (short hair)

Riddler

Black Adam

Dr. Fate

Hawkwoman

Harley Quinn