I'm done!!

Lady Jaye

Last night, I spotted a case of W10. This has never happened before. I called up my buddy, who was still lacking the bat-figures. We finished our sets. :)

Simultaneously, my buddy called me from "his" Wal-Mart. They got W10. This is a Wal-Mart that hasn't received DC since Wave 7a was NEW. (Not even Best Of cases)

I think there's hope for everybody at this point.

No hope in Central New Jersey.

The Wal-Marts here have numerous Cyborg figures, and that's it.

Never saw wave 9 or 10, or even the box sets!

Even Toys R Us has nothing (and am I wrong in thinking they are dropping the DCUC line due to exclusives at Wal-Mart and Target?).

In my experience with this line Toys R Us is by far the most useless retailer. They've gotten worse as the series has progressed too. Now I don't even bother checking there anymore.

Hell, I was in Wisconsin recently and checked out the TrU there - big surprise! A big fat nothing. @grumpy@

TRU has been great for me - picked up half of wave 8 and all of wave 9 there. It's all situational.

I think dropping the line because you haven't found W10 yet - or fear that future waves wil be tough to find - is a bad idea, but whatever makes you happy.

Sooooo...........not being able to collect SOME of a toy line means that you'll dump everything you have collected up to this point? Like missing a figure here and there "devalues" the whole collection in your mind??

Pardon my saying, but that is a screwy way to collect.

Remember, the term " Collect them all!" is a suggestion, not a commandment.

Take this advice for what it is worth: if something external is negatively affecting the joy you have in collecting, then maybe its time to reconsider WHY and HOW you are collecting.

I too have had this problem of tryin to collect everything in a line, so I know how Lady Jaye feels

Foutunately for me, I have gotten out of it easily because of the whole Gleek drama some posters have had on this forum, not seeing wave 8, and what Arrow has posted ; Once I get weened off of something for a month?, my obsession of collectin the entire series is gone. I realized that I have been collecting the figures because of not only OCD but also, I like the artistic characteristic of the fig. I soon notice that I prefer model kits and sculpting that I worked on more. With DCUC and other store bought toys, I would look and pose them after the first day of purchase and then forget about them until a few months later, where I repeat the cycle; I had a sense of hollowed happiness from this.

I stopped obsessing of getting every fig in wave 5 after not being able to get Eradicator. After realizing that I won't spend 50-100 for him, completing the baf was no longer an issue. However, my obsession of getting the other DC figs did not stopped untill a year later..

As for the Gleek drama, a few individuals started pissing matches w/ me since my view of the argument was "If you really wanted the toy, you should have asked someone on the forums to pick one for ya"; the way a few posters acted in regards to Gleek made me realize that these are just toys; The issue opened my eyes as in I began to question myself why I am buying toys and if it really makes me happy.

Although I still collect toys, I'm no longer obsess in getting every fig made and only buy the ones I really want. In regards to wave 10, if I see the ones I want, I would buy them, but I will no longer be concern about not getting them or ask on the forums for them. As for models, I only buy them once a few years, so there is no worry that my obsession in toy collecting would change from superheroes to gundam models or 1/6 figures.

The reason I am saying this is because Arrow is right If collecting every figure is more work than fun, one should evaulate themselves to find out why they are reallying buygin' them. If you like toys, collect whoever you want, and don't have any emotional issues of not getting a figure you want, then by all means, collect. However, if buying action figures is cause you HAVE to have every toy made within a line, you should tell yourself why you are realling collecting. If you cannot stop from gettin every toy being produced, I recommend getting help.

I don't think you should sell off your toys yet because it seems like most posters who announce it here, tends to relapse and regrets it later on. I think you should wait a bit to see if you are absolutely certain collecting every figure is no longer an issue and when you realize you are, then you should sell your figures off. That is if you are selling them off because you no longer care for them.

• Like 2

I just noticed that Ebay has over 500 listing of wave 10. This has been the most listed wave I have seen on Ebay. Prices are not to bad. I have a feeling that a lot of scalpers will end up chocking on these and they will start returning them back to Walmart. I can see why Mattel is trying to use Walmart for distribution. This gives the customer a better chance of finding and buying this wave. A lot of collectors have the same fear of this wave as wave 5. The scalpers are capitalizing off our fear. Once the scalpers start returning them this will cause high inventory in Walmart. If Walmart does another wave it will be cut in half. My opinion, Wal-mart should have a no return policy on collectible figures unless broken and only then exchanged, similar to the one they have on video games. Lastly Wal-mart distribution of this wave is also bad. The stores that were chosen in my area to carry them are the smaller ones and out of way Walmarts; this puzzle me. They never carried DCUC before, why now? The Target in my area is just so loaded with wave 6 & 7 I wish they would just discount them, so new waves will come to the store.

Chopz

I know I am miffed as the only full wave I wanted to complete was wave 8 to build Giganta.. They surfaced at ONE wal mart and only received 2 cases.. I missed them because one of the local collectors paid off (yes, paid off... I am friends with the cop that works the details there) one of the toy dept employees to get him the cases..

I have not seen them ANYWHERE except ebay now and they are seriously overpriced there.

While I am not getting rid of my DCUC I am extremely pissed off that wave 8 was so limited..

Complete and utter BULLSHIT..

I really don't understand why Arrow is giving you such a bad time about it. Plain and simple if you need to think about whether or not you are happy collecting something you really are not happy with it. Only you can determine how and what you want to collect. I say do it and don't look back.

I'm NOT giving her a bad time--there really is a "have your cake and eat it too" philosophy behind what I have said.

I mean, why abandon something you like because of a silly arbitrary rule that you cannot really control all the time?

Consider another approach that says: "I like what I have ALREADY, I'll keep it, and I'll patiently wait until I can find the pieces I'm missing.".

She'd get to keep her collection, still have fun with it and probably learn a new skill or state of mind that will help her complete it to her liking AND increase her enjoyment of the hobby at the same time.

Wow.

Was that hard to come up with? Make it so you can win--whatta concept.

Declaring that something is impossible is just plain giving up, and yet she`d NOT exhausted all avenues--she`s only exhausted her patience.

That, too, is her choice........but if you ask me, its not a terribly productive way to approach life or collecting.

With the ability to score wave 10 pretty much over, thus leaving several huge gaping holes in my collection, I'm done with this line in its entirety!!! I should not have to resort to ebay or fellow tni'ers clear across the country to get figures that should be at the local Wal Marts!!

I've already made a deal to sell off my most anticipated figure from the Giganta wave; Gentleman Ghost. I'll be selling off the rest soon, including Amazo, Atom, Deadshot, and Black Adam, but in order to make sure I sell everything off, will be pairing a HTF figure with 1 or 2 of the commons, as we used to say in the card biz!!! smile2.gif

But, yup, I'm done with this line!! From sketchy paint apps, to mismatched parts, to the inability to find what I want when I want!! Finally to not having Joker, Power Girl, and hell most of wave 9, it's just too much!! Had I wanted Gleek that'd be another reason!! LOL!! Mattel just has a great line, but just let's it go to hell with the decisions they make!!! So with that, to hell with DCUC and to Mattel!!

Can't believe I almost contemplated getting into the MOTUC line, but I don't have time to sit around on the 15 of each month!!! Pfft!! Matty next time I see you I'm kicking your ass into next year!!! soupson.gif893USA1-thumb.gif

kinda makes hasbro a little better doesn't it? i mean, for me finding the new wave of marvel universe is either easy. or i'm just lucky. *sighs* and i cant even get into matty's masters of the universe line cause its always-ALWAYS sold out. i got hordak, tri-klips, and faker, but the those i got from another online store. as for the dc universe i find figures out of luck! its all about luck! i found black cannary 3 months ago, unforunately i arrive too late as a guy picked up a rare flash figure >< damn mattel's a stupid lazy #@$#@ i tells yas.

Wow! Come on LJ, they are hitting pretty hard! I know of more cases that hit in my area just in the last 2 nights! You are giving up way to soon.

Draven

I agree, be patient with wave 10, IE: I know of a couple wal marts around here that have been getting wave 10 lately..

Wave 8 and 9 are the ones to worry about now...

I know they are going to make some of the figs available in "best of" cases.. So finding them in a set to complete their BAF will soon be an impossibility (unless they are holding onto some cases for Christmas or something..

I refuse to have my wallet raped by people on ebay for these figures.

TMNTFAN85, Rare Flash figure??

What some people on these forums fail to realize is that just because your Walmart got 4 or 6 cases, then that is 2 or 3 cases my store did not get. These may be plentiful in some places and bone dry in others. My local Walmart so far has gotten in one case of these and a guy came in and bought all 10 of them in a settings, since then NOTHING. Some people are lucky, others are not. I respect LJ's choice and understand completely. First off, if this is an exclusive then they should be at EVERY walmart, not just a few, for people like me, they limited the local stores getting them. Secondly they should of offered some online, they did the 5 pack, what is the difference? DCUC are ridiculous to find at retail for most, and an exclusive is worst, people are buying these up in droves both collectors and scalpers, and you know that scalpers are still buying them up in many places. People need to realize your not all areas are created equal, some stores only get one case, just one. Mattel is a crappy company, and Walmart is even worse, they have the worst distribution and customer service. I don't have the personal resolve as LJ but I feel the exact same. I bought 2 sets online, figured it wasn't so bad because i sold some DVD's on ebay, but even with all my time and searching plus the help of members on the TNI board, I was not able to score a set, because again, not all areas are the same, and Walmart should of done better on this.

If this was a TF or Joe exclusive they would be plentiful, but because its DCUC they get limited respect.

• Like 1

What some people on these forums fail to realize is that just because your Walmart got 4 or 6 cases, then that is 2 or 3 cases my store did not get. These may be plentiful in some places and bone dry in others.

Exactly, and that goes not just for exclusives, the general distribution for this line lately has been complete crap.

they should of offered some online

I agree 1,000,000 percent.

people are buying these up in droves both collectors and scalpers, and you know that scalpers are still buying them up in many places. People need to realize your not all areas are created equal, some stores only get one case, just one.

Yup, I am on a couple of toy collecting boards and I have seen individuals buy up to 6 cases of DCUC 10. They claim to have distributed them to friends and have offered some to boardmembers there.

I know of a local Hot Wheels scalper that recently started buying DCU just to resell on ebay.

He is a scumbag.

Whenever he sees me he leaves the store too because he knows I know what he is doing and loathe it.

What some people on these forums fail to realize is that just because your Walmart got 4 or 6 cases, then that is 2 or 3 cases my store did not get. These may be plentiful in some places and bone dry in others.

Exactly, and that goes not just for exclusives, the general distribution for this line lately has been complete crap.

they should of offered some online

I agree 1,000,000 percent.

people are buying these up in droves both collectors and scalpers, and you know that scalpers are still buying them up in many places. People need to realize your not all areas are created equal, some stores only get one case, just one.

Yup, I am on a couple of toy collecting boards and I have seen individuals buy up to 6 cases of DCUC 10. They claim to have distributed them to friends and have offered some to boardmembers there.

I know of a local Hot Wheels scalper that recently started buying DCU just to resell on ebay.

He is a scumbag.

Whenever he sees me he leaves the store too because he knows I know what he is doing and loathe it.

that is the problem with DCUC, many people are buying them, not because they are fans but because they want to make a quick buck. Hot Wheel guys are super guilty of this. You also can't say things are better because YOUR personal situation is great, that doesn't change the reality for a great many people, these are not easy to get in MOST places and like on these boards many people bought ENTIRE sets. My local stores haven't gotten in cases in one setting, they have gotten in one, maybe 2 and when someone catches them, they get them all. Its antoher fiasco. PERIOD!!

• Like 1

WOW It is weird how any Hot Wheels guys I run across are sneaky and to hear that they all seem to be like this is remarkable

The lady at my local Walmart told me that there is a Hot Wheels guy who buys who cases (no problem there) he is there as soon as the door opens and she said that he main thing is Hot Wheels but he will buy whatever is hot at the moment, he is a piece of crap. I find tons of HW cases and could care less of the valuable pieces on the inside, I am not interested. I have a few HW cars that I collected, they were the one from when I was a kid and that is it, nothing else, its not my hobby and I don't need to make a profit.

OFF TOPIC

speaking of HW, remember how cool these sets were in the 80's

hwcitysm.JPG

• Like 1

WOW It is weird how any Hot Wheels guys I run across are sneaky and to hear that they all seem to be like this is remarkable

The other day, I walked into TRU...just slowly walking to the action figure section and I feel and see out of my peripherals, someone walking up behind me so I move over to the left...but then I feel him on the left so I move over again. Finally he gets up near me and says "you can't walk a straight line?" and I'm like "I thought you were coming up on the other side..." and he cuts me off "I was, you kept moving from side to side. you can't walk in a straight line?"...like with a real jerky attitude and then he stalked off at a quick pace. Saw him as I was looking around...Hot Wheels aisle.

It is remarkable. As long as I have been collecting I have had run in's with HW collectors that are arrogant, sneaky and "shadowy"..

All other collectors are relatively friendly and helpful (I have met a couple here and there that are not friendly though).

There is one Hot Wheel collector in my area that is a nice guy. We have went out for coffee a few times. I have dropped by his house for a beer or two. He usually lets me know when something new is around. He called me when the BMF falcon was $35 bucks. But the other Hot Wheel guys are full blown A$$es. There are no real figure collectors in my area just scalpers and flea market dudes.

Chopz

I gave up on DCUC a while ago cause I haven't seen anything since wave 7 I see a few of the new figs at the local comic shop but they mark them up by half the retail price. I just got sick of searching for nothing, none of the TRUs don't have any space for the figs which means no figures at all on the shelves. Walmart and Target have them but its all the older figures that don't sell so nothing new is being put out. I have given up on Mattel and DC and moved right back to Hasbro and Marvel cause at least those are being stocked and are nice and easy to find.

The lady at my local Walmart told me that there is a Hot Wheels guy who buys who cases (no problem there) he is there as soon as the door opens and she said that he main thing is Hot Wheels but he will buy whatever is hot at the moment, he is a piece of crap. I find tons of HW cases and could care less of the valuable pieces on the inside, I am not interested. I have a few HW cars that I collected, they were the one from when I was a kid and that is it, nothing else, its not my hobby and I don't need to make a profit.

OFF TOPIC

speaking of HW, remember how cool these sets were in the 80's

hwcitysm.JPG

I'm sure I still have that in my basement it got a lot of use :D @loll@