I'm done!!

Lady Jaye

With the ability to score wave 10 pretty much over, thus leaving several huge gaping holes in my collection, I'm done with this line in its entirety!!! I should not have to resort to ebay or fellow tni'ers clear across the country to get figures that should be at the local Wal Marts!!

I've already made a deal to sell off my most anticipated figure from the Giganta wave; Gentleman Ghost. I'll be selling off the rest soon, including Amazo, Atom, Deadshot, and Black Adam, but in order to make sure I sell everything off, will be pairing a HTF figure with 1 or 2 of the commons, as we used to say in the card biz!!! @smilepunch@

But, yup, I'm done with this line!! From sketchy paint apps, to mismatched parts, to the inability to find what I want when I want!! Finally to not having Joker, Power Girl, and hell most of wave 9, it's just too much!! Had I wanted Gleek that'd be another reason!! LOL!! Mattel just has a great line, but just let's it go to hell with the decisions they make!!! So with that, to hell with DCUC and to Mattel!!

Can't believe I almost contemplated getting into the MOTUC line, but I don't have time to sit around on the 15 of each month!!! Pfft!! Matty next time I see you I'm kicking your ass into next year!!! @hmmm@ #US1#

• Like 1

Sooooo...........not being able to collect SOME of a toy line means that you'll dump everything you have collected up to this point? Like missing a figure here and there "devalues" the whole collection in your mind??

Pardon my saying, but that is a screwy way to collect.

Remember, the term " Collect them all!" is a suggestion, not a commandment.

Take this advice for what it is worth: if something external is negatively affecting the joy you have in collecting, then maybe its time to reconsider WHY and HOW you are collecting.

• Like 3

Yeah, if you don't get any joy from buying figures, you should definitely spend your money on something else. But if you do get joy from a certain kind of figure, you should keep on buying those figures. It's really that simple, for any toyline.

The joy I get from every MOTUC figure I've bought has been worth spending 6 minutes(and yes, $20) on a site ordering them. Whereas I would get almost no joy from buying Bank Robber Joker, so I'll just buy the figures I like(Two-Face) rather than buy them all for the sake of "completeness."

And even though I doubt I'll ever find a Gleek for an acceptable price, I love the DC figures I have enough that I'd rather keep them without Gleek than have none at all. I mean, I won't have a Gleek either way, but at least this way I have over a hundred other figures I love.

Perhaps! But if my collection is incomplete to me, then that's all that matters!! And it's not that I need every single figure, cause I never got Lobo, the Twins, and figures here and there, and that's ok!! But come on, Joker, Power Girl, Beast Boy, that's just too much of a gaping hole!! I'd rather just sell it all off, and let others complete their collections!!!

Like I said on facebook, perhaps it's time to grow up! I did it before, and was peaceful!! LOL!! It'll never be the same as when we were kids, no matter how much we try, it won't!! Which is what many of us are doing this for, to perhaps recapture some of the innocence lost?? The magic and wonderment! I'm just speculating, everyone has a reason, that's just mine I guess!! It's late as well!!

• Like 1

You sure you won't regret this in a few weeks? Honestly, production numbers DO suck for Waves 8 and 9, but it seems Wave 10 is alot higher in production numbers. It just so happens that when ANY Wal-Mart gets them in, someone buys ALL of the good figures very fast. This happens because everyone thinks its going to be like Wave 5, when I honestly think it will not be anything like Wave 5. Anyways, you are right, you should not have to go through Ebay or fellow TNI'ers to get these figures. Mattel should not have cut production numbers on Waves 8 and 9 like they did. Stores like BBTS and other online retailers had SOOO many pre-orders for Waves 8 and 9, when Mattel saw how many they had to ship to them, they said, "Oh #$##, we will hardly have ANY for normal retailers since we cut production numbers and now we have to fill all of these orders." That is why you hardly saw ANY Wave 8 or 9 in stores. I saw Wave 8 ONCE in a Toys R Us, and they had all but Gentleman Ghost, and I bought them. Since then, I have seen NONE of Wave 8, except Vigilante, and I finally found a Gentleman Ghost hidden at a Target. Mattel really did screw up, but just because of these few waves, you are going to completely give up on them?

All in all, I know right now you are frustrated with the situation, but I really think in a week or so, you might regret this decision. It might even take a month or so, but if it were me, I would end up regreting it. Especially if I had sold off everything, and then ran into Waves 11 and 12 and wanted them. I could buy them, but all the waves I worked SOO hard to find would be gone because I made a decision out of being pissed off. I would just think about it before I sold my rarest figures.

sorry to see yu give it up Lady Jaye.

however, I was wondering if your deal to sell off Deadshot, Amazo, and Black Adam mean that you are including the C&C piece as well?

I haven't decided! I've just come to the decision tonight!!! That is something to think about!! But whatever I do, it will be to maximize the efforts that will leave me with a bare shelf, and no DCUC figures left over!! All of it must go!!!

All in all, I know right now you are frustrated with the situation, but I really think in a week or so, you might regret this decision. It might even take a month or so, but if it were me, I would end up regreting it. I would just think about it before I sold my rarest figures.

Your probably right, but you know sometimes you just gotta say enough is enough! I put in my time, and got a somewhat nice collection, but I don't have the time to look for these lil pieces of plastic, at least not the time it takes to find a complete collection!! It shouldn't have to be this hard!!!

I look at the upcoming items and really would love to buy em all, but hell even if I wanted to, I may not even get the chance!! It is Mattel after all!!

And yes, the rarer figures will be leaving with the commons!! Would be dumb to just sell off the good stuff!!!

Perhaps! But if my collection is incomplete to me, then that's all that matters!! And it's not that I need every single figure, cause I never got Lobo, the Twins, and figures here and there, and that's ok!! But come on, Joker, Power Girl, Beast Boy, that's just too much of a gaping hole!! I'd rather just sell it all off, and let others complete their collections!!!

Like I said on facebook, perhaps it's time to grow up! I did it before, and was peaceful!! LOL!! It'll never be the same as when we were kids, no matter how much we try, it won't!! Which is what many of us are doing this for, to perhaps recapture some of the innocence lost?? The magic and wonderment! I'm just speculating, everyone has a reason, that's just mine I guess!! It's late as well!!

If you want to come up with a rule that says " I can only have fun IF this and this and this happens...."--well, you are probably not going to have as much fun at all, are you?

I mean, its your choice, just like its the choice of some collectors who decide the sell off their collections when a toy-line ends or is cancelled--something I never understood. Its as if their enjoyment of the toys is totally dependent on a never-ending stream of new stuff. Doesn't matter much what the stuff is, as long as its new.

Makes no sense to me.

I'm WAAAAY behind in DCUC collecting myself. I've missed whole waves, and I'm trying to decide just how I want to collect them from here on in. Do I want a Super Powers redux collection? Do I want New Gods? Teen Titans?

Dunno yet.

But personally, I'm not alarmed that I have missed the boat. My experience tells me I have lots of time to decide.

I just got a hard to find wave TWO figure a couple weeks ago--which tell ya how my sloth-pace progress is going. I'll have LOTS of opportunities to get the figures I decide I want--and dare I say it: so will you.

All things come to those who wait.

• Like 1

You sure you won't regret this in a few weeks? Honestly, production numbers DO suck for Waves 8 and 9, but it seems Wave 10 is alot higher in production numbers. It just so happens that when ANY Wal-Mart gets them in, someone buys ALL of the good figures very fast. This happens because everyone thinks its going to be like Wave 5, when I honestly think it will not be anything like Wave 5. Anyways, you are right, you should not have to go through Ebay or fellow TNI'ers to get these figures. Mattel should not have cut production numbers on Waves 8 and 9 like they did. Stores like BBTS and other online retailers had SOOO many pre-orders for Waves 8 and 9, when Mattel saw how many they had to ship to them, they said, "Oh #$##, we will hardly have ANY for normal retailers since we cut production numbers and now we have to fill all of these orders." That is why you hardly saw ANY Wave 8 or 9 in stores. I saw Wave 8 ONCE in a Toys R Us, and they had all but Gentleman Ghost, and I bought them. Since then, I have seen NONE of Wave 8, except Vigilante, and I finally found a Gentleman Ghost hidden at a Target. Mattel really did screw up, but just because of these few waves, you are going to completely give up on them?

All in all, I know right now you are frustrated with the situation, but I really think in a week or so, you might regret this decision. It might even take a month or so, but if it were me, I would end up regreting it. Especially if I had sold off everything, and then ran into Waves 11 and 12 and wanted them. I could buy them, but all the waves I worked SOO hard to find would be gone because I made a decision out of being pissed off. I would just think about it before I sold my rarest figures.

Yeah, prices for Wave 10 have plummeted on Ebay, they seem to be getting more plentiful all the time.

Yeah I read about that!! The short haired Aquaman!! Had you not found em, I would have had him to sell off!!

@loll@

No seriously, I understand what you're saying!! But aside from the holes I see now, I predict more of the same!! And when Matty does beging selling them online, I predict this line will move from the pegs to online sales only!! When that happens, 20 bucks a figure, plus shipping is not something I want to do!!

I think it's just a good time to jump off!!

Anyhow, it's late! Have a good night guys! And don't worry, will still be around discussing the new stuff!! Besides, got some future deals to work out!! LOL!! Oh and please, give me a day or so to think how exactly I'm gonna sell this collection off!! I know a lot of you want wave 5, so just bare with me!!! No need to send PM's just yet!!

Yeah, prices for Wave 10 have plummeted on Ebay, they seem to be getting more plentiful all the time.

Heh, how long has wave 10 been available? A couple of weeks?

Man, if anyone thinks the sell-through window of opportunity on this stuff is closing or closed already, they are seriously jumping the paranoia gun.

If you want to come up with a rule that says " I can only have fun IF this and this and this happens...."--well, you are probably not going to have as much fun at all, are you?

I mean, its your choice, just like its the choice of some collectors who decide the sell off their collections when a toy-line ends or is cancelled--something I never understood. Its as if their enjoyment of the toys is totally dependent on a never-ending stream of new stuff. Doesn't matter much what the stuff is, as long as its new.

Makes no sense to me.

I'm WAAAAY behind in DCUC collecting myself. I've missed whole waves, and I'm trying to decide just how I want to collect them from here on in. Do I want a Super Powers redux collection? Do I want New Gods? Teen Titans?

Dunno yet.

But personally, I'm not alarmed that I have missed the boat. My experience tells me I have lots of time to decide.

I just got a hard to find wave TWO figure a couple weeks ago--which tell ya how my sloth-pace progress is going. I'll have LOTS of opportunities to get the figures I decide I want--and dare I say it: so will you.

All things come to those who wait.

Yeah, I remember somebody here saying they hate DCUC, but buy them because there's no other toy lines out at the moment that they like. WTF? Is there some need to spend your money on something new?

Also, my earlier comments were just to give my own perspective and views on collecting. If buying toys is making you unhappy rather than the other way around, then stopping is the sensible thing to do.

Yeah I read about that!! The short haired Aquaman!! Had you not found em, I would have had him to sell off!!

@loll@

No seriously, I understand what you're saying!! But aside from the holes I see now, I predict more of the same!! And when Matty does beging selling them online, I predict this line will move from the pegs to online sales only!! When that happens, 20 bucks a figure, plus shipping is not something I want to do!!

I think it's just a good time to jump off!!

Anyhow, it's late! Have a good night guys! And don't worry, will still be around discussing the new stuff!! Besides, got some future deals to work out!! LOL!!

Sorry, I just don't get the need to jump off in the first place.

I mean, it almost seems like the toy line meant nothing at all to you to begin with--that it was just a checklist of names or something.

If the characters meant something, if the toys themselves were enjoyable in any way.......why let anything else dictate how you enjoy them? Its like someone else is dictating what is fun or not.

Yeah, I remember somebody here saying they hate DCUC, but buy them because there's no other toy lines out at the moment that they like. WTF? Is there some need to spend your money on something new?

Yea, isn't that bizarre? Its like a unconscious compulsion--as if the person is a automaton.

Why not tell them "buy this, because I TOLD YOU TO!".

I mean, if someone really wants to live their life that much out of control, I WANT TO MEET THEM.

I say that because they'd be an easy dupe to get money out of. @smilepunch@ @firedevil@

Man, if anyone thinks the sell-through window of opportunity on this stuff is closing or closed already, they are seriously jumping the paranoia gun.

I found Wave 10 at a Wal-Mart on November 1st. That was the first shipment a Wal-Mart in my area had gotten. Waves for DCUC seem to FLY by for the last few waves. When Wave 8 was supposedly first coming out, I was finding Wave 9 at my Target. It is crazy how fast these waves go from one to the next. I don't think its paranoia at all. My Target just got a Wave 7 shipment after shipment after shipment of Wave 9, and they will not be getting any more Wave 9 shipments. Sometimes the window of opportunity is ALOT smaller than people think. Maybe not for earlier waves, but these last few waves, definately. Waves 8, 9, and 10 will NEVER be peg warmers like Waves 6 and 7. Ever.

I found Wave 10 at a Wal-Mart on November 1st. That was the first shipment a Wal-Mart in my area had gotten. Waves for DCUC seem to FLY by for the last few waves. When Wave 8 was supposedly first coming out, I was finding Wave 9 at my Target. It is crazy how fast these waves go from one to the next. I don't think its paranoia at all. My Target just got a Wave 7 shipment after shipment after shipment of Wave 9, and they will not be getting any more Wave 9 shipments. Sometimes the window of opportunity is ALOT smaller than people think. Maybe not for earlier waves, but these last few waves, definately. Waves 8, 9, and 10 will NEVER be peg warmers like Waves 6 and 7. Ever.

I completely disagree. The window of opportunity is years long.

Like I said, I just got a wave two figure--albeit loose and by private sale from another collector--wave 2 came out well over a year and a half ago.

My LCS has figures going back to wave 4-5, still available.

The worst myth in collecting that anyone can succumb to is that these things will be hard to find and only around for a limited time. That is the kind of thinking that scalpers want their marks to have--because those are the primary reasons why people will buy from scalpers.

If you want it, its out there AND at a price you'll be willing to pay......all you have to do is find it.

Good for you Lady Jaye. Mattel sucks and doesn't deserve your support. Glad to see a fan with a backbone.

LOL, so we should only buy toys from "deserving" toy companies?? Man, that's a classic rule for obstructing fun and happiness, if I ever heard one!

well i offered you a set and a method of gettign themat ur walmart but u passed, sorry to hear you leave the series. good luck, and you have a pm

I can understand the frustration I was feeling like giving up on motu & dcuc a couple of days ago (cough the 15th cough) I was feeling like giving up my self on both lines how ever now that I have had some time to cool down I'm not so sure anymore! It is annoying for sure though to have gaps in you're collection ... you know though unless you stop collecting all in all & stop going online the next cool wave you happen to spot in stores you will be all over @loll@

I just got "out" this last week and almost felt a sigh of relief. Reasons were everything from I collect way to much, to the wave stinks but I love the C&C from the wave, and the new $13.00+ price tag. Sure I may have some regrets down the road when I see a new wave in a store or an upcoming wanted character, but all in all I won't miss the the pain staking hunt. I sold everything on ebay as loose singles (C&C went as the entire character) and ended up making a fair amount of money. Not bad considering I opened all my stuff over the period of a year and a half of collecting, goofed around with it, and sold it for a profit.

I really don't understand why Arrow is giving you such a bad time about it. Plain and simple if you need to think about whether or not you are happy collecting something you really are not happy with it. Only you can determine how and what you want to collect. I say do it and don't look back.

I feel your pain. I was going to do the same thing about three months ago. My wife suggested to me just to put them up for a while and not sell them. I am glad I did not sell them. Last month I found wave 9 and I have a set of wave 10 coming to me. I have had to resort to Ebay to fill my holes, but I did not mind. Take my suggestion just put them up for a month or so, because as soon as you sell them you will start seeing them in the stores.

Chopz