Dark Knight Movie Masters Update!!

Joker08

Matty updated their website with the following:

November 18, 2009

by Matty

Hey Dark Knight Fans,

HarveyDent.jpgI've got a hot update on Movie Masters™ The Dark Knight products…

You already know that initially the plan was to offer one new figure per month at MattyCollector.com. Thanks to you, loyal Dark Knight fans, sales have been so good that we're feeling confident enough to increase production and also bring the line to Toys "R" Us in the spring.

The good news is that you'll be able to walk into your local Toys "R" Us and find The Dark Knight figures. The even better news? You'll still be able to get them at MattyCollector.com and because of the increased production numbers, we'll be reducing the price to just $15 each!

Here's how it'll go down: The Joker as Gotham City Thug figure started out here on MattyCollector.com, and will continue to be a MattyCollector.com exclusive as long as we've got stock. The remaining six figures in the line will be available here first, one each month for the new price of $15 each. Then this spring they'll all be available at Toys "R" Us except for The Joker as Gotham City Thug. At press time, here's how the line is slated for sale here at MattyCollector.com (subject to change, as always):

• ON SALE NOW: The Joker as Gotham City Thug — a MattyCollector.com exclusive!
  • December 15: Survival Suit Bruce Wayne
  • January 15: Harvey Dent
  • February 15: The Joker with Missile Launcher
  • March 15: Scarecrow
  • April 15: Batman (Night Vision)
  • May 17: Two-Face

You know I always try to tell you like it is. While this strategy won't work for every Mattycollector.com line, when the second-highest grossing film of all time* is behind a toy line, it gives us a unique opportunity to bump up production numbers and offer it at retail as well so even more fans can get the characters they want.

I'll let you know as soon as we have expected on-shelf dates. We really appreciate everyone's support for this great line!

—Matty

So the good news is we'll be able to get them for $5 cheaper but we'll all have to wait til May for Two-Face.

Matty updated their website with the following:

November 18, 2009

by Matty

Hey Dark Knight Fans,

HarveyDent.jpgI've got a hot update on Movie Masters™ The Dark Knight products…

You already know that initially the plan was to offer one new figure per month at MattyCollector.com. Thanks to you, loyal Dark Knight fans, sales have been so good that we're feeling confident enough to increase production and also bring the line to Toys "R" Us in the spring.

The good news is that you'll be able to walk into your local Toys "R" Us and find The Dark Knight figures. The even better news? You'll still be able to get them at MattyCollector.com and because of the increased production numbers, we'll be reducing the price to just $15 each!

Here's how it'll go down: The Joker as Gotham City Thug figure started out here on MattyCollector.com, and will continue to be a MattyCollector.com exclusive as long as we've got stock. The remaining six figures in the line will be available here first, one each month for the new price of $15 each. Then this spring they'll all be available at Toys "R" Us except for The Joker as Gotham City Thug. At press time, here's how the line is slated for sale here at MattyCollector.com (subject to change, as always):

• ON SALE NOW: The Joker as Gotham City Thug — a MattyCollector.com exclusive!
  • December 15: Survival Suit Bruce Wayne
  • January 15: Harvey Dent
  • February 15: The Joker with Missile Launcher
  • March 15: Scarecrow
  • April 15: Batman (Night Vision)
  • May 17: Two-Face

You know I always try to tell you like it is. While this strategy won't work for every Mattycollector.com line, when the second-highest grossing film of all time* is behind a toy line, it gives us a unique opportunity to bump up production numbers and offer it at retail as well so even more fans can get the characters they want.

I'll let you know as soon as we have expected on-shelf dates. We really appreciate everyone's support for this great line!

—Matty

So the good news is we'll be able to get them for $5 cheaper but we'll all have to wait til May for Two-Face.

:D

Thank God.I was so mad when they decide not to relesase these to other stores.Im happy now that there realeseing them to TRU.The only ones I want is Two-Face and the Joker.Cant wait tell spring.

Of course they wait to release the one people want the most until all the way in MAY.

Oh well, at least we're still getting them. Too bad we have to wait a month for Survival Suit Wayne, but I like that they're going to be in TRU as well...next spring...so I don't know if I can wait or not...we'll see.

I'll pick these up for TRU retail if it's not $15. They can't sell the other batman figures for 2 for $10 and they expected people to pay $20? They caught on that was FAIL... hopefully they'll catch on that $15 is still FAIL. Especially trickling them out as slow as one per month. This is like Chinese water torture... drip... drip... drip... Let me at all 4 Ghostbuters already so I can be done.

I can't wait until they get the Thundercats license and trickle them out one a month... oy...

dark knight figures are buy 1 get 2 free on black friday at tru....they had that same promotion aroun jan of this year

Listen to this BS!

Thanks to you, loyal Dark Knight fans, sales have been so good that we're feeling confident enough to increase production and also bring the line to Toys "R" Us in the spring.

OH, "We're feeling confident enough..." Spare me! They're acting like this line is Indiana Jones or something. Hey Mattel, Batman is POPULAR! Always has been! Your BS about selling them on Matty collector becouse you didn't think they'd sell in stores was BS!

Obviously despite their "lack of confidence" they've still managed to produce enough of these figures already to know they'll be able to give some to TRU. Is this the most phony toy company ever???

Glad you were able to pull up your big boy pants there, Mattel. "Confidence"....pft! They sound like a school kid with self esteem issues. It's BATMAN!

I'll pick these up for TRU retail if it's not $15. They can't sell the other batman figures for 2 for $10

thats silly. MMs retailed at $13, so $15 is just a $2 spike. and you surly dont think that when a company puts their 2 year old figs on sell, that the brand new figs are going to go on sell as well, do you? oh...and them not being able to sell the DK figs at 2 for 10 might have something to do with the figures being over 2 years old, the bat hype dying down, and everyone that ran out and bought them when they were hot, and the movie was still at the theatres...or dont you remember the big MM craze?....collectorsguitar.gif

the only good news about this is that they will be released at TRU in the Spring.

I am REALLY tired of buying stuff from Matty.com it's so bad that I have skipped all the MOTUC figures since TriKlops.

like someone said, the 1 figure per month, for about 29 bucks is really craptastic.

say, if you wanted 2 figures from this line, it would cost you about 60 bucks, and you would have to wait months to get them both. that is not fun.

I will wait until they are clogging TRU to pick and choose if I want any.

I'll pick these up for TRU retail if it's not $15. They can't sell the other batman figures for 2 for $10

thats silly. MMs retailed at $13, so $15 is just a $2 spike. and you surly dont think that when a company puts their 2 year old figs on sell, that the brand new figs are going to go on sell as well, do you? oh...and them not being able to sell the DK figs at 2 for 10 might have something to do with the figures being over 2 years old, the bat hype dying down, and everyone that ran out and bought them when they were hot, and the movie was still at the theatres...or dont you remember the big MM craze?....collectorsguitar.gif

And all that's left are thugs and that crappy joker. I've seen very few batmans at TRU. They just made WAY too many.

yeah toysrus will get them. half of you all will cry around here because no one can find those figs at retail. i allready can hear it coming. sorry guys but matty delivered for me. most of you allready pay 30 bucks for a fig with driving around like crazy to find them. na i stick with matty. just need to be patient with the delivery but they come. i dont collect to be the first one to have them but to have a nice collection going.

• 1 month later...

I loved the "THE DARK KNIGHT" movie, but I didn't like the way they depicted Harvey Dent after he was burned...It was (IMO) WAY too graphic, and just plain gross. Harvey is supposed to burned, not torn open, and with chunks of molten tar hanging off of his face.

Again, that's just my opinion...But for the same reason, I don't want the Movie Master's fig...

I just received my MM's Survival Suit Batman. Strangely, the cardback for this figure has the Joker as Gotham City Thug. When I first opened the box and removed the wrappings, my heart almost stopped because I saw the cardback for the Joker as Gotham City Thug. Anyone else have theirs like that as well?

Weird, eh?

Ok. The delay is pardoned.

If you guys were even thinking about buying Robber Joker, you better do it. This news is music to scalpers ears....

It's still $20 + ship. No thanks.

I'd skip that figure at $15.

are these truly 6 inch and in scale with DCUC now? I know they were supposed to fix that height issues and no got along with the actors height

I would hope they're in scale with the actual figures that have been released so far. Why would they change it?

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you interested, the Movie Masters Survival Suit Bruce Wayne figure review is up for your viewing pleasure:

http://gofigreviews.blogspot.com/2010/01/dark-knight-movie-masters-survival-suit.html

Hope you guys had a Happy New Year!

For those of you interested, the Movie Masters Survival Suit Bruce Wayne figure review is up for your viewing pleasure:

http://gofigreviews.blogspot.com/2010/01/dark-knight-movie-masters-survival-suit.html

do not want

still good review, and thanks for bumping the thread i need to buy sum of the figs and this has all the dates

http://gofigreviews....vival-suit.html

do not want

still good review, and thanks for bumping the thread i need to buy sum of the figs and this has all the dates

Thanks CMP. Yeah, that SS Bruce Wayne figure sucks, especially with the $15.00 price tag. What is Mattel thinking?

do not want

Thanks CMP. Yeah, that SS Bruce Wayne figure sucks, especially with the $15.00 price tag. What is Mattel thinking?

they should have made ras or gordan

do not want

they should have made ras or gordan

With the Four Horsemen, I'd definitely place my money on a Ras (Liam Neeson) figure. But looking at their Harvey Dent, errr... maybe not. lol.