What's worse than never finding WAVE 10?

rash

Been hitting a local WalMart at least twice a week for almost 8 weeks, and nothing. Last time I was there was Sunday afternoon...Zilch.

Had dinner at a steakhouse nearby tonight, and stopped in afterwards to buy some milk. Just on a whim, I checked the action figure aisle...

...And there SHE was...POWER-GIRL. And BATMAN...And...NOTHING.

D'OH!!!!!

Someone beat me to the punch!!!!! SWINE!!!!

...Oh well...At least I got POWER-GIRL. I left the black BATMAN.

I figure that's the first and only shipment that WalMart will be getting...Bummer.

My Wal-Mart has actually gotten in Wave 10 three times in the past month or so(I only found the full set once, though), along with a case of wave 9. Keep your hopes up, as long as your pegs aren't full of old figures, there's still hope. :)

I would agree that Wave 10 seems much more plentiful than Wave 8 was, at least.

Been hitting a local WalMart at least twice a week for almost 8 weeks, and nothing. Last time I was there was Sunday afternoon...Zilch.

Had dinner at a steakhouse nearby tonight, and stopped in afterwards to buy some milk. Just on a whim, I checked the action figure aisle...

...And there SHE was...POWER-GIRL. And BATMAN...And...NOTHING.

D'OH!!!!!

Someone beat me to the punch!!!!! SWINE!!!!

...Oh well...At least I got POWER-GIRL. I left the black BATMAN.

I figure that's the first and only shipment that WalMart will be getting...Bummer.

I would agree that Wave 10 seems much more plentiful than Wave 8 was, at least.

Amen to that!

me never finding a gentleman ghost!

This is exactly what I would have posted in this thread yesterday.....but today, I finally, FINALLY found Gentleman Ghost. I was at a Target that has had a couple shipments of Wave 9, and I went there with a friend who was looking for the Robot Mantis from Wave 9. Luckily, they had the Robot Mantis he was looking for, but it seems instead of another Wave 9 shipment, they got a Wave 7 shipment, and that was all that was on the pegs besides the Robot Mantis. After that, I got to looking at the board games, and behind some of them, I saw a glimpse of orange packaging. I knew right away it was a DCUC figure, but had no idea which one. It was Gentleman Ghost. Someone must have hidden it behind the games when they first got in Wave 8. It was even dusty, so I knew it had not been moved or touched in a while. I honestly could not believe I found him, because he is the ONLY figure I needed from Wave 8 still. It was a good day.

Yeah, I found Wave 10 today, but minus Man-Bat, Robotman, and Beast Boy. Glad to get a Power Girl and Joker, at least.

Yeah, that's what I found the first time. Then it was empty for a couple weeks, then I found the complete set. Since then they've gotten a case of wave 9 and another set of wave 10.

So like I said, unless your pegs are full of Wave 7 or older figures, you've got a chance.

LOL @ Toy Sniper!!!

I can think of something worse (but not so drastic as TS)

I went to Wal-Mart for a quick grab and run of groceries.

Had limited funds but I decided to stop in the toy aisle.

Found all of wave 19 except Man-Bat.

Decided to cop Joker and Power Girl.

I "hid" Beast Boy, and came home happy.

Went on the TNI forums, saw a few action scenes of Imperiex (thanks to that darn Pooda!!!) and decided I want the whole set now.

Go back to Wal-mart and find everything GONE!!!!

Someone even found Beast Boy.

I guess a bird in the hand beats a action figure hid in the bush.

Wave 8, 9, 10 and probably 11 have all been a pain to track down but doable.

For you maybe..

The only wave I could have completed if I wanted to is wave 10..

I have NEVER seen wave 8 or 9 in stores around here.

Wave 8, 9, 10 and probably 11 have all been a pain to track down but doable. Weird how over shipping a wave or two can pretty much kill off a toy line.

Wave 11 will not be near as hard to find. Mattel cut production numbers for Waves 8 and 9, so that is why hardly anyone could find these. Wave 10 production numbers were cut because its a one store exclusive. Mattel has even said Wave 11 will be back to full production numbers. People might be thinking they are going for alot on Ebay right now, but once they come out in stores, Wave 11 will be everywhere. Maybe at first people will think they are hard to find, but once they actually have time to be shipped everywhere a few times over, they will be pretty easy to find. The people who are paying $40+ for a figure will wish they had waited.

Worse than finding wave 10 is actually buying it off of someone and having to wait for them to tell you it's in the mail! Gah the suspense is freaking killing me! (oh, and so is the wife for buying them all at once with only a guarantee of it coming to me...she doesn't seem to like online transactions...lol)

What is worse ?

Finding out that Mattel is going to make either Plastic Man or Martian Manhunter a Comic Con exclusive and that they will never be available on the site or available to the mass public and then going to the Con and buying what you think would include either character but when you get home you find that it is not included and then learning that Mattel had misplaced a case and decided to give away the new found figures on a site that you never visit.

That would be Worse!

Not that anything like that would ever happen in a million years but it would suck if it did.

Worse than finding wave 10 is actually buying it off of someone and having to wait for them to tell you it's in the mail! Gah the suspense is freaking killing me! (oh, and so is the wife for buying them all at once with only a guarantee of it coming to me...she doesn't seem to like online transactions...lol)

yeah, my wife always gives me the evil eye when there is a knock at the door and a package on the porch

What's worse than not getting Wave 10? Finding out EVERY wave henceforth will be a Wal-Mart exclusive. sad.gif That would be worse news.

Heh, that would cause me to end this line with a serious quickness.

Wave 8, 9, 10 and probably 11 have all been a pain to track down but doable. Weird how over shipping a wave or two can pretty much kill off a toy line.

Wave 11 will not be near as hard to find. Mattel cut production numbers for Waves 8 and 9, so that is why hardly anyone could find these. Wave 10 production numbers were cut because its a one store exclusive. Mattel has even said Wave 11 will be back to full production numbers. People might be thinking they are going for alot on Ebay right now, but once they come out in stores, Wave 11 will be everywhere. Maybe at first people will think they are hard to find, but once they actually have time to be shipped everywhere a few times over, they will be pretty easy to find. The people who are paying $40+ for a figure will wish they had waited.

Did they really cut production for 10? Cause my walmart has gotten at least 10 cases of it.

what would be worse is going to walmart finding all of wave 10 (happy as hell) and going to the checkout only to realize you left your money home in your new walet you got from your wife for your birthday and grabing your old one instead after driving 45min and walmart telling you they would hold them for you and when you come back after driving 1.5hrs they tell you they sold them to someone else, now that would suck!

Man wave 10 is overflowing at WM the last few days. I found atleast 15 of each fig between 5 WM's in the last few days.

Draven

Your in a good postion, my local Walmart has only gotten in 2 cases which were snagged up immediately. I went there today and they are still nursing the 2 Batman figures from the second case, whoopie.