DCUC Wave 11 To Be Sold On Matty

synch

Mattycollector should be a site where u can find the exclusive two packs PLUS series that hardly made it to stores, like recently, wave 9 or store exclusives, like the almost imposible to get wal mart series 5 and 10. Matty should start with wave 9.

I think Matty should do "Conditional Pre-Orders". That is to say, they should figure out what the minimum production run for a past wave is. Then offer the pre-orders and when the number gets to their minimum, they can then produce the figs.

Say, they put wave 9 up and tell us, they need 1000 pre-orders before they will take it back to production. Now, they should keep a running tally on the site so people know how many more need to be ordered (for example, if it was at 998, someone might order 2 just to get it to the 1000).

I think this would be a good way to get the figs into collectors hands or at least show the interest just isn't there to re-produce them.

I think Matty should do "Conditional Pre-Orders". That is to say, they should figure out what the minimum production run for a past wave is. Then offer the pre-orders and when the number gets to their minimum, they can then produce the figs.

Say, they put wave 9 up and tell us, they need 1000 pre-orders before they will take it back to production. Now, they should keep a running tally on the site so people know how many more need to be ordered (for example, if it was at 998, someone might order 2 just to get it to the 1000).

I think this would be a good way to get the figs into collectors hands or at least show the interest just isn't there to re-produce them.

Damn thats the ultimate "Holding For Randsom" situation. But it would suck if you order it hoping to get the line but after 3 months with 50 cases shy they say "Never-mind, almost but not quite" and you are disappointed all over again?

Not the worst idea though.

Damn thats the ultimate "Holding For Randsom" situation. But it would suck if you order it hoping to get the line but after 3 months with 50 cases shy they say "Never-mind, almost but not quite" and you are disappointed all over again?

Not the worst idea though.

Would never happen simply for the shear logistics of going back, cracking open the older molds and firing up the machines for less than the thousands made for the entire US originally. Production runs need to be huge in order to meet that $10-13 price point we all want. What you're asking for is akin to MTO action figures. Waves 1-10 are out and if you don't get them the first time round then you're forced to use eBay or cons. MOTUC has seen at least one re-issue but the costs are less on that wave. Mattel owns He-Man and can limit a production run to hit a higher price point, i.e. $20. Mattel must pay DC a fee to use their intellectual properties so that has to be factored into the cost.