DCUC Wave 11 To Be Sold On Matty

synch

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=15076

Mattel announced on their Facebook page that the 11th wave of DC Universe Classic figures will be sold at some point on their website Mattycollector.com. No word on price or if they will be released before the holidays. They do say these will be sold as a master case of 8. You will get:

1 X Katmai Tui with constructs

1 X John Stewart with constructs

1 X Shark

1 X Cyborg Superman in Sinestro Corps uniform

1 X Steppenwolf (Red)

1 X Steppenwolf (Green)

1 X Deadman (standard version)

1 X Dessad

All the parts you need to make Darkseid will be included! The only figure not included in this set is the clear chase version of Deadman. This version will remain exclusive to retailers.

In other news Mattel also announced that their April 2010 Masters of the Universe Classic figure will be Evil-Lyn. More details on this figure are expected to be revealed next month.

so the question comes witha stand I guess then eh?.. it says it comes with all the figures you need to complete the BAF & the rest are retail only? Maybe they decided that having Steppenwolf come with the stand only was not such a good idea? @loll@

Two questions.

1. How does this affect the other eTailers who sell these cases (CornerStore, BBTS, etc). Either Matty is going to underprice these guys, which hurts the online retailers. Or they're going to charge the same and/or charge more, which will earn the, tons of grief and questions from collectors about price gouging.

2. How do the bigbox retailers feel about this and what will be the long term effects? Will this hurt the entire toyline in the long run? Will WalMart and target be reluctant to carry future waves if we can just order them online and save ourselves the headache?

It shouldnt effect the stores at all. Hasbro has been selling new figs for years now in their online store, and all of their lines are still sold everywhere.

My big question is the mention of Darksied??? IS this wave 11, 12 or some inbetween. Because last I checked those figs were wave 11excluding Dessad but the BAF is wrong and Question is missing. Kinda crazy Mattel could totally mess up a news report like this.

I expect them to either be released much later than they are at retail, to be more expensive, or to only be sold by the case.

I just can't see them having them on matty for the same cost, at the same time, and let me be able to get only the ones that I want lol

1 X Katmai Tui with constructs

1 X John Stewart with constructs

1 X Shark

1 X Cyborg Superman in Sinestro Corps uniform

1 X Steppenwolf (Red)

1 X Steppenwolf (Green)

1 X Deadman (standard version)

1 X The Question - fan choice!

And of course all the parts you need to make Kilowog!

====================================================================

This is what I see on Matty's facebook page... No mention of Dessad or Darkseid.

so the question comes witha stand I guess then eh?.. it says it comes with all the figures you need to complete the BAF & the rest are retail only? Maybe they decided that having Steppenwolf come with the stand only was not such a good idea? guitar.gif

steppenwolf comes with the stand.

Thank GOD they cleared their minds at MATTEL, IMO this is how they SHOULD release ALL the new figures from now on!

THE PRO's of this kind of distribution:

-You can assure ALL the figures from the sets, with NO BAF pieces repeated.

-NO DEALING with bad distribution, EVEN for international collectors.

-NO WORRYING about "if will I get the figure or not", or "Will my Collection have MISSING pieces ?".

-NO EXTRA PAYING on ANY FIGURE, a.k.a. DROP DEAD YOU BMF SCALPERS,!

-TOOOOOO MANY, MERRY, AWESOME of HAPPINESS

-GET AAAALL the ARMY BUILDERS you can afford to buy!

and now the AGAINST's:

-SOME obscure CEO's at MATTEL that decide "only a few hundred will be made of this"

-the DREADED "SOLD OUT" stamp at their web site.

-ALL THE BAD KARMA from all the SCALPERS.

and the HOPING FOR's:

-ALL the previous waves from 1 to 10 OFFERED AGAIN, and AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!!

-ALL the 2-PACKS offered AGAIN, and AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!

-SOME VEHICLES AND DIORAMAS down the line WITHOUT WOORRYING for exclusivities.

-MORE LOVE and CARING for the COLLECTOR fan base.

NOW all i have to do is, SAVE MY MONEY for some GREAT PURCHASING on MATTY.!

WAY to go friends at MATTEL, and please.....DO NOT BLOW THIS GREAT DEAL UP!!!!

TNX.

and HAPPY HOLIDAYS for everyone.

P.S. HASBROooooo...are you over there??????, do u remember those figures which you WIPED THE FLOOR WITH?, because they had some bad distribution? because you decreased the scale size and made terrible detailing with them?, something called MARVEL LEGENDS????

Seems solid to me. Not everyone will flock to Matty, because maybe they only want one-two figures out of a Wave? And there are those who refuse to pay shipping if they can buy it nearby. Retailers will therefore still move product. Not to mention, some figures (I.e. Variant Deadman) will only be available there.

I'm just waiting for Mattel to find a way to screw it up.

You probably shouldn't believe this even if it comes directly from Matty and until its actually listed on the Mattycollector.com site. They've always jumped the gun in the past with selling DCUC online and it was most recently with Wave 9. I remember earlier this year or around then there was Q&A answer that Wave 6 or 7 was going to be onsale online. And then it was retracted almost immediately. Lol, Wave 6 and 7! Those are like dirt cheap right now.

Two questions.

1. How does this affect the other eTailers who sell these cases (CornerStore, BBTS, etc). Either Matty is going to underprice these guys, which hurts the online retailers. Or they're going to charge the same and/or charge more, which will earn the, tons of grief and questions from collectors about price gouging.

2. How do the bigbox retailers feel about this and what will be the long term effects? Will this hurt the entire toyline in the long run? Will WalMart and target be reluctant to carry future waves if we can just order them online and save ourselves the headache?

1. Mattel's in that classic "damned if you do/damned if you don't" situation there. My guess is there might be a SLIGHT discount when buying by the case, but it'll amount to at best a buck off retail for each figure (not factoring in the tax variation)

2. Hasbro has been selling ALL of their retail items through Hasbro Toy shop for almost 4 years now without any ill effects I can see. If Walmart or Target dump the line, it will be because it wasn't selling to their expectations. And given Matty Collector's pour reputation, most who buy online already have preferred sources. Realistically, Matty offering cases will not have a meaningful impact on the line through other retailers.

P.S. HASBROooooo...are you over there??????, do u remember those figures which you WIPED THE FLOOR WITH?, because they had some bad distribution? because you decreased the scale size and made terrible detailing with them?, something called MARVEL LEGENDS????

Sorry, but Marvel Legends never "wiped the floor" at the retail level to begin with. Yes it was popular with collectors, but it was never a heavy player. In case you hadn't noticed, but Hasbro pretty much owns the action figure aisle, and are making a profit on top of that.

If you took the average retail space for all of Mattel's action figure lines (DCUC, DCIH, Batman, Avatar), you MIGHT fill up half the space the Marvel brand gets at retail. And that's not counting GI Joe, Transformers, and Star Wars (the latter two basically able to take an entire aisle to themselves)

Hasbro may not be catering to collectors with their brands like Mattel is doing with DCUC and Masters of the Universe, but Hasbro is actually making money on their house brands and as a company. Despite being the "number one" toy maker in the world, Mattel hasn't turned a meaningful profit since last Christmas (if that)

I know I'm one that will not get wave 11 on Matty send the only one I want in this series is John Steward. I do not want to get the whole case sorry I just hope I get to fine him in stores. Of chourse if I don't it will not be a big lost it just will make one more figure to add to my space that I really don't have. As of right now I may new room but only have enough room for only 7 more figures and that's it.

• Like 1

Man i can't wait. I preorder them at BBTS but if Matty gets them first good bye BBTS, I'm tired of the hunt I hope the prices are good cuz i'm tired of scalpers, driving around stores all day and spending time I don't have , this will be so great if it works out.

I'm also tired of the hunt, the other day I was at at Wal Mart picking up something random and they didn't have any dcuc. This is the same wal mart where I never saw any wave 10 in person, I heard rumors that they had a set but probably just a rumor. For a second I thought to myself "crap i'm gonna have to be here everynight looking for wave 11", and then I realized I had a preorder at BBTS and I was seriously relieved, my girlfriend was too, but thats another story.