WHAT'S THE DEAL HERE??

Viper Hunter

I appreciate it! I loved my mangled, yellowed, not nearly complete one when I was a kid, and I always wanted to get a complete one. For some reason, though, every time I look at them on eBay, I can't get that same feeling. So I'm thinking maybe a new release in a new color will help bring back that childish wonder, which when you get right down to it, is what all of us are looking for by being toy collectors.

Completely off topic, but VH, I've seen you make tons of little photo funnies, with word bubbles, captions, etc... what program do you use? I want to make similar stuff, and since I'm unemployed, I need something to do between filling out endless online apps. I have a bunch of funny(IMO) ideas, but i tried using a freeware program called GiMP, and it is the most ridiculously complicated bit of nonsense I've ever tried. Full-on Photoshop Pro was easier back when I was in an art business.

It took me over an hour to add a word bubble to Forager that said "I ate P@nis for breakfast...and lunch!!!" to send to a friend who's a huge Forager fan for unknown reasons. If it took me that long to make a simple d*ck joke, I can't imagine how long GiMP would take me to make an actual sequential piece of funny.

I have seen exactly 2 Sarges and 1 CS Snake Eyes in the wild. Both Sarges were at a local K-Mart and Snake Eyes was tonight at Wal-Mart amongst a glut of Wave 1 - 3 and the remnants of wave 4 and 5. Seems the most sought after items are always the short-packed ones.

VH, I got you hooked up on the SE. I'll be dropping you a PM in a minute.

100_2889.jpg

How did you find a still standing K-Mart???? Damn, all the ones where I live kinda...don't exist anymore.

I've checked Walgreens and found AT Storm Shadow and JA Ripcord (Bought Ripcord for 11 bucks). I want CS Snake Eyes.

Seems the most sought after items are always the short-packed ones.

Actually, in the wave 5 cases, SE is 2 per case. He's just so highly sought after that they disappear much more quickly than the other two per caser, Desert Viper. I can't recall if Artic Threat SS is two per case or not.

And to Mint Condition, if you really wanna find a K-Mart, you have to go out into the wilderness. When I lived in Orlando, most of the KMs there closed, but when I moved back home to a town called Inverness, all the K-Marts in this area(20 mile+ radius) still open and thriving. Probably doesn't hurt(help?) that there are no Targets within 45 minutes.

I came from a small town in west texas...closest Target was about 45 minutes away. We did have a Walmart Supercenter though, and a broken down, abandoned, dirty building, with a big sign in front that says "Big K-Mart". So yeah...even the small town I lived in had a dead K-Mart. Walmart killed it apparently.

Hahaha, I guess my K-Mart must have dedicated followers, then. We have a Super WM, too. But it suuuuccckkks for toys. There must be 300+ Joe waves 1 and 2 figures swamping the pegs. Finally making a little movement with the $5 price reduction.

I've seen a couple of wave 4(Charbroil, Night Adder) at Kohl's, but at $11 each, that's an easy pass. Especially since I found them later that day at WM for $5. The vehicles, yeah, don't get me started. If you're desperate, you can sometimes find stuff there, but really only around Christmas.

As for Big Lots, I haven't seen any Joe figures there since JvC like 3 years ago. The carry the Power Team Elite/World Peacekeepers line, which has some cool diorama and vehicle pieces that are good for customs. The only downside, their prices are starting to climb towards G.I.Joe prices. What's the point of buying generic if it costs the same as the real deal?

I saw Sarge one time at TRU and bought the 2 they had, which was way back when that wave first hit. CS Snake Eyes, I got from HTS and got one for $5, along with Night Adder, Arctic Threat Storm Shadow, and Red Fang Ninja for $5 each also. But I have seen, the remains of the CS Snake Eyes wave(he was gone), but saw the others at K-Mart. If you have a Gordman's Dept store, check there too, I found all the variants(White Coat Rex, Unmasked Arctic Storm Shadow, and Blue tat's Night Adder), Kamakura, but they were $7.99 each and the 25th wave 12 on Canadian cards for $5 each.

Hey VH i hit that walgreens they have red fang, katakuma, paris assault Baroness and SE, Arctic SE and Stormshadow, and Rex. I hit Kmart too and they had the SE you want. If you still need it let me know

Hey VH i hit that walgreens they have red fang, katakuma, paris assault Baroness and SE, Arctic SE and Stormshadow, and Rex. I hit Kmart too and they had the SE you want. If you still need it let me know

Hey, I appreciate that jahue! Ol'Scotty97 has me hooked up on the City Strike SE, but again, I do appreciate the offer to help me out. :)

Found the White Coat Rex today at a WM for $5, but not the unmasked Artic SS. Thought that was kinda weird. But the glory of another $5 Pit Commando made me feel better, lol.

And, in my opinion, anyone who hasn't bought the Red Fang Ninja yet, unless you're a completist and you have to have it: skip it. What a terrible toy. I almost bought 5 of em from that chinese eBay seller that has 5 figure lots of some army builders. I would've driven them back to him in China. @firedevil@

ill run out to walmart tomorrow and see if the 2 CS SE figs are still there. if so...ill hook somebody up! i still need that slaughter...anybody have one? i also have a white coat rex (moc)

066-15.jpg

anyone who hasn't bought the Red Fang Ninja yet, unless you're a completist and you have to have it: skip it. What a terrible toy. I almost bought 5 of em from that chinese eBay seller that has 5 figure lots of some army builders. I would've driven them back to him in China. @firedevil@

I don't have one, but I was thinkin' they looked kinda sorta cool?

redfangarmy.jpg

Well, for one, you can now get them cheaper in the US at Walmarts, so if you have to...

The problem is that the frankenjoe of parts and accessories here just doesn't work. The gear screws with the articulation, the (i think) MARS Trooper base doesn't scream 'ninja' to me, what's with the Resolute Trooper head with those goggles?, and lastly, the web gear literally doesn't fit the figure. See the way it pulls up in the middle front: that's actually because it's too small to fit the body they used. And, my last complaint: What the F*** are they wearing? Trash bags? Why would a ninja want to be that hyper-gloss black? Did they get a really good discount on leatherette? @loll@ I was actually looking forward to this one, until I got one in my hands. I wish I had just bought another Night Adder instead. That figure may be a bastardization of the Resolute Roadblock, but at least its really cool.

Well, for one, you can now get them cheaper in the US at Walmarts, so if you have to...

The problem is that the frankenjoe of parts and accessories here just doesn't work. The gear screws with the articulation, the (i think) MARS Trooper base doesn't scream 'ninja' to me, what's with the Resolute Trooper head with those goggles?, and lastly, the web gear literally doesn't fit the figure. See the way it pulls up in the middle front: that's actually because it's too small to fit the body they used. And, my last complaint: What the F*** are they wearing? Trash bags? Why would a ninja want to be that hyper-gloss black? Did they get a really good discount on leatherette? @loll@ I was actually looking forward to this one, until I got one in my hands. I wish I had just bought another Night Adder instead. That figure may be a bastardization of the Resolute Roadblock, but at least its really cool.

Those are good points..well, I mean BAD points, but good to know. ^_^

If anyone finds any of the Target Serpent Armor(SNAKE) sets, please think of me. I really couldn't care less about most of the others in that wave, but I've never owned a complete SNAKE Armor and I've wanted one since I was a kid. Nor do I care about packaging condition. #US1#

You were thought of, and taken care of! ^_^

serpentarmor2.jpg

I can't believe, with all the trouble I USUALLY have, finding things around here, that these were at Target today. There's was all the new sets for these Target exclusives, but I passed on all but the Serpent Armor, and they had TWO...one for you and one for me. :)