WHAT'S THE DEAL HERE??

Viper Hunter

There's a good number of items I've yet to EVER see at retail, some I've found in lands far far away, but never local, but THESE two items are jsut plain void and absent..

sessk.jpg

I'm willing to make a good guess on these, that they're highly sought after? A scalpers wet dream, "holy grail" kinda thing? Even smalljoes is asking $34 for the City Strike Snake Eyes. @grumpy@

• Like 2

There's a good number of items I've yet to EVER see at retail, some I've found in lands far far away, but never local, but THESE two items are jsut plain void and absent..

sessk.jpg

I'm willing to make a good guess on these, that they're highly sought after? A scalpers wet dream, "holy grail" kinda thing? Even smalljoes is asking $34 for the City Strike Snake Eyes. @grumpy@

Check Walgreens my Walgreens have some ROC figures I've seen mostly ninjas never slaughter, but they did have that Snake eyes though. They are 10.99 but sounds better than 34. I'll check it again if you are interested in him

sessk.jpg

Check Walgreens my Walgreens have some ROC figures I've never seen mostly ninjas, but they did have that Snake eyes though. They are 10.99 but sounds better than 34. I'll check it again if you are interested in him

Absolutely! I have a feeling $10.99 is an AWESOME deal on this version of Snake Eyes. LMK what you find out. Otherwise, I might be making deals under the bridge again...

dealers.jpg

@loll@

The new wave will hit soon I'm sure but where is that Sgt Slaughter from?

berlbrgwkkgrhqeokjserym.jpg

• Like 2

Its the fact most WM and Targets are not stocking new stock, that is why they are hard to get. Once the damn things sell down a little I bet we see them much easier. As far as Slaughter, good luck! Crappy distribution from the company would made those will kill your chance of seeing one. That fig is almost a year old.

Draven

Its the fact most WM and Targets are not stocking new stock, that is why they are hard to get. Once the damn things sell down a little I bet we see them much easier. As far as Slaughter, good luck! Crappy distribution from the company would made those will kill your chance of seeing one. That fig is almost a year old.

Draven

Actually I have seen lots of those Sgt Slaughters.

I'm sure we'll be swimming in CS SE later. The people who actually do buy them online at scalper prices are crazy people. @wacko@

I saw the Sarge once and it was the time I bought him. He may still be around here and there and I'd never know it because I don't give a fig about wrestler figures.

I'm still holding out hope of finding the SE even though he isn't exactly easy to find right away. Smalljoes has been know to gouge and gouge big so I woulnd't go by their prices as a standard.

I feel the same about not seeing new stuff, I hear about so many characters but never seem to be able to find any of them. However yesterday to my delight I went to K-Mart to see if they had their exclusive and ran across a host of figures I had never seen. I was able to pick up City Strike SE, Arctic Threat Storm Shadow, Rex the Doctor(Blk Coat, Cobra Viper Commando, Charbroil, and Night Adder.

In another thread someone made the statement about picking a camo patteran and staying with it because there are so many different ones out there. I never gave it much thought until lately. The K-Mart camo patteren is one I have never seen before. It does make it a bit harder to set up a unified force when everybody looks like a bunch of surplus store rejects.

I did pick up the exclusive just because I find when I do see something and don't get it if I change my mind I can never find it again of have to look to ebay at a much higher rate.

As for the Sarge I picked him up a while ago but I still see him around quit a bite at various locations including Toys R Us and Target.

The only place I've ever seen the Sarge is TRU. They had 2 and I picked up 1, but this was about 4-5 months ago. WalMart also carries the line, and they skipped that wave completely. They went from Wave 4-6. So, that may be your only hope. I saw a fantastic custome where someone put that Sarge head on a TRU Bench Press body. It requires some dremeling because the Sarge head has the peg on the head piece. I've been wanting to find another Sarge to try it.

CS SE, I don't know where they're territory is, but Aldi's Grocery Store chain(a little discount grocery, kinda like a tiny Sam's Club or Costcos) has carried this wave heavily. I picked up 6 CS SE between 2 stores. Unfortunately, I hooked up all my C.FL collector buddies, and I don't have any extras. If I find any more, I'll def grab you one. They're $6.99. #US1#

Well that SE has only been showwing up for the last couple of weeks so just give it time. Slaugter on the other hand will probably be a little difficult to find. The reason I say that is because he's a highly sought after toys with crossover appeal. Not only do the Wrestling collectors want him, but so do the Joe collector. Since I doubt that these have sold that much, the fact that you have two collecting communities going after him will make him in short supply. That being said check your local Kmarts, that's where I found two (one for me and another for a friend of mine) a month or so ago after hearing about someone else finding them there on some message board.

Ive only seen Slaughter once at TRU and that was it! Ive been looking for one for a friend since then and NOTHING! And wow, find me on Scotty! I need that SE bad!! I hate my luck with Joes all of a sudden! @loll@

Draven

Yeah City Strike SE is really just starting to come out in any sort of larger numbers right now, so I'm sure we'll see him soon.

The Sarge on the other seems to be a victim of the system. Series 4 and 5 of those things clogged the pegs for a loooong time (in fact, they're still on the pegs at my local WMs and Targets) and it seems most TRUs have skipped right over Series 6. I found Sarge at the Times Square TRU where they had about 24 sq feet of peg space for all the figs and even then, I went back on another visit a couple of weeks later and they were all gone.

Well that SE has only been showwing up for the last couple of weeks so just give it time. Slaugter on the other hand will probably be a little difficult to find. The reason I say that is because he's a highly sought after toys with crossover appeal. Not only do the Wrestling collectors want him, but so do the Joe collector. Since I doubt that these have sold that much, the fact that you have two collecting communities going after him will make him in short supply.

And it isn't helped by the fact Jakks has lost the WWE license, so they may very well have underproduced some assortments so they don't get stuck with leftovers when Mattel's stuff hits.

And CS SE is only rare for now because the fans have hyped him up. It's 25th Flint all over again. Give the stores holidays to clear out the backstock they have and he'll be out in number. As far as I know, Hasbro doesn't have another wave set for release before March at the earliest.

VH, I got you hooked up on the SE. I'll be dropping you a PM in a minute.

100_2889.jpg

YOU ROCK!!

bigthumbsup2.png

• Like 2

Anyone else think that with the grey on SE's head and torso, the black along his chin looks like a wierd Abe Lincoln beard? It's vexxing me somethin fierce!

Tom

Nope..just you! ^_^

• Like 2

Anyone else think that with the grey on SE's head and torso, the black along his chin looks like a wierd Abe Lincoln beard? It's vexxing me somethin fierce!

Tom

Nope..just you! ^_^

I don't see it either.

It really is a top notch figure. I have mine posed with two pistols in a "John Woo" stance, and it looks pretty cool.

Actually, Tom, I did have a similar thought when I saw it. But, it doesn't vex me any. The only thing that vexes me about this figure is that you have to put it on a 25th/ME Snake-Eyes stand, because the peg holes in his feet are too big for the current movie line figures. I spent the first two days being stubborn, and watching him fall off my pc every 10 minutes(did I mention I'm really stubborn), then finally broke down and got a 25th stand out.

And Draven, you're on my list if I come across any more. I don't know how I've been so lucky, but I'm sure not complaining.

The highlight of my first big score was watching my best friend(who I gave 3 to) give one to each of his sons(8 and 11) who tore them open and said "Dad, this is the coolest Snake Eyes ever!". As he opened his, he had to agree, lol.

If anyone finds any of the Target Serpent Armor(SNAKE) sets, please think of me. I really couldn't care less about most of the others in that wave, but I've never owned a complete SNAKE Armor and I've wanted one since I was a kid. Nor do I care about packaging condition. #US1#

The highlight of my first big score was watching my best friend(who I gave 3 to) give one to each of his sons(8 and 11) who tore them open and said "Dad, this is the coolest Snake Eyes ever!". As he opened his, he had to agree, lol.

That's awesome!

If anyone finds any of the Target Serpent Armor(SNAKE) sets, please think of me. I really couldn't care less about most of the others in that wave, but I've never owned a complete SNAKE Armor and I've wanted one since I was a kid. Nor do I care about packaging condition. #US1#

I got my eye on it for ya!

• Like 2